1/6 Hot Toys - VGM62/62B - StarWars Legends : Darth Revan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did Revan end as a hero... or as a villain? His amnesia is confusing.

He's basically your standard Fallen Jedi who tries to start his own "empire" and then ends up trying to stop that 'empire'...?

And can someone clarify when Revan was alive? I always thought it was a long, long time before ANH but recent reading suggests he came after The Battle of Yavin... is that even possible?

ANH but recent reading suggests he came

He's basically your standard Fallen Jedi who tries to start his own "empire" and then ends up trying to stop that 'empire'...?

And can someone clarify when Revan was alive? I always thought it was a long, long time before ANH but recent reading suggests he came after The Battle of Yavin... is that even possible?
Play the game. Choose a side. Find out.

His story has been used and vomited up multiple times again and again since but HE is the original with any semblance of thought put into it.

Dude could look like a broke down, down on his luck, dick bag. He'd still be popular because of the the story behind the character that is Revan.

I pray the "remake" never sees the light of day. Because obviously, it won't be a pretty version of the original. It'll be altered.

Sent you DM instead :p

While Revan is a cool looking figure, to me he looks a little too close to what a Mandalorian Sith would look like.
That is the point though.

When he was still a Jedi he found the mask at the site of a massacre committed by the Mandalorians.

The mask belonged to a Mandalorian that protested the killings and was killed for it. So he put on the mask and vowed that he wouldn’t take it off until the Mandalorians were “defeated once and for all”.

So he basically wears it as a big “**** you” to the Mandalorians.

“Star Wars: The Power of The Dark Side” Exhibition & Pop-Up Store | HONG KONG:

HT 3.jpg

Play the game. Choose a side. Find out.

His story has been used and vomited up multiple times again and again since but HE is the original with any semblance of thought put into it.

Dude could look like a broke down, down on his luck, dick bag. He'd still be popular because of the the story behind the character that is Revan.

I pray the "remake" never sees the light of day. Because obviously, it won't be a pretty version of the original. It'll be altered.
Yeah I'd genuinely prefer the game to be cancelled. I don't want amateur developers going through the game with a fine tooth comb finding things that they now don't approve of or want to change, and hell, I don't want new voice actors either.

Fundamentally KOTOR is about its story and characters/characterisations, and that's the one thing you know would be at risk.

All I'd really want is a nice HD re-release combo pack of both KOTOR games with KOTOR 2's missing content reinstated, some upgraded renders of the original cutscenes, and maybe some quality of life options/fixes (A graphics toggle would be a good option if they did redo the graphics).

It's simply a good faith gesture to show their distributor (SS) some love. It's nothing more than that. No one could give a rat's ass about this coin unless they're just.. well.

But those ppl exist and SS exclusives sometimes exist because of it. Just a handshake from HT to SS. That's all this particular exclusive means.

It MIGHT (ya, it won't) draw more sales to SS for it. It's honestly a slap in the face, tbh. But by the numbers in the end.

Edit: That being said, I'll be selling the coin on Ebay for $20 + shipping.

And laugh my way to the bank, apparently..

Because, morons.
There are also far more ridiculous things hardcore collectors covet in other hobbies. I will never understand the fervor for Mark Jewelers inserts in old comic books. I couldn't give less of a ****

Yeah I'd genuinely prefer the game to be cancelled. I don't want amateur developers going through the game with a fine tooth comb finding things that they now don't approve of or want to change,
Well the developers (Saber Interactive) of the KOTOR remake are also making Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2 and that's looking great and like a true sequel to the original game by Relic Entertainment.
and hell, I don't want new voice actors either.
Well we already know Jennifer Hale is coming back at least, so I imagine they'd at least try to get the others back.
Fundamentally KOTOR is about its story and characters/characterisations, and that's the one thing you know would be at risk.
But that's just an assumption, pretty much every remake that's come out in recent years has been great and live up to if not surpassed the original. They hired a bunch of devs that worked on the original game too.

Regardless of how it turns out, the original will always be there.

A thing I love about Kotor 2 is how they treated Revan. This almost mythological figure with no voice in the story, but his presence and impact is felt throughout the galaxy. No resurrection, no physical presence, but you know the galaxy changed by his (or her) actions.

But that's just an assumption, pretty much every remake that's come out in recent years has been great and live up to if not surpassed the original. They hired a bunch of devs that worked on the original game too.
I don't know, specifically relating to story I don't think it's the case for pretty much every remake.

Dead Space is considered a good remake, and yet they made significant changes to the story which made it worse (More story isn't a better story, and it ends up negating a lot of the mystery the original had, you also don't need to feel sympathy for the villain because it compromises the effects their antagonism have on the player/narrative plus it skewers the great cathartic feeling when they die). Final Fantasy VII Remake made so many changes that it completely changed the narrative and not for the better.

The issue is Remake vs Remaster. A remaster means upgraded graphics, a remake means a from the ground up approach, and that generally means rewriting dialogue, redoing the choreography of scenes and how they are sequenced etc. and then adding or subtracting elements of the story to fit a new pace.

The question is, if it were a straight, authentic remake, then why would they need multiple new writers? To do what exactly? Well, do re-writes. Not a single one of the original writers who won KOTOR's 2003 GDC Award for Excellence in Writing are working on this game (David Gaider, Drew Karpyshyn, Luke Kristjanson, and Peter Thomas), most notably not Drew Karpyshyn, KOTOR 1's lead writer.

I don't know, specifically relating to story I don't think it's the case for pretty much every remake.

Dead Space is considered a good remake, and yet they made significant changes to the story which made it worse (More story isn't a better story, and it ends up negating a lot of the mystery the original had, you also don't need to feel sympathy for the villain because it compromises the effects their antagonism have on the player/narrative plus it skewers the great cathartic feeling when they die).
Dead Space remake was better, sorry.
Final Fantasy VII Remake made so many changes that it completely changed the narrative and not for the better.
Final Fantasy VII Remake is not a remake, that’s a subtitle. It’s heavily hinted that it’s actually a sequel.
The issue is Remake vs Remaster. A remaster means upgraded graphics, a remake means a from the ground up approach, and that generally means rewriting dialogue, redoing the choreography of scenes and how they are sequenced etc. and then adding or subtracting elements of the story to fit a new pace.

The question is, if it were a straight, authentic remake, then why would they need multiple new writers? To do what exactly? Well, do re-writes. Not a single one of the original writers who won KOTOR's 2003 GDC Award for Excellence in Writing are working on this game (David Gaider, Drew Karpyshyn, Luke Kristjanson, and Peter Thomas), most notably not Drew Karpyshyn, KOTOR 1's lead writer.
You still need writers. They could be expanding on things.

RE4 remake needed writers, and it benefited the game by making Luis a much better character than before.

There are parts that can be tweaked or expanded upon without ruining it.

Dead Space remake was better, sorry.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is not a remake, that’s a subtitle. It’s heavily hinted that it’s actually a sequel.

You still need writers. They could be expanding on things.

RE4 remake needed writers, and it benefited the game by making Luis a much better character than before.

There are parts that can be tweaked or expanded upon without ruining it.
I wouldn't argue that Resident Evil 4 is a good comparison point though in regards to there being space to expand the motivation of a character (although I do agree that was an improvement given that Luis was killed off super abruptly in the original RE4).

Every character in KOTOR has an extensive backstory already and are thoroughly established, and I guess what I'm getting more at is that new writers often aren't necessarily motivated by their passion for the IP or maintaining authenticity and accuracy, which is something that we ideally would want.

That's the risk of a new writing team taking over someone else's work. It's not 100% they'll **** it up, sure, but there's an expectation of quality and, perhaps most importantly, good taste that comes with remaking one of the greatest games of all time, and given the behind the scenes issues this game has already suffered from it doesn't leave much hope.

I wouldn't argue that Resident Evil 4 is a good comparison point though in regards to there being space to expand the motivation of a character (although I do agree that was an improvement given that Luis was killed off super abruptly in the original RE4).

Every character in KOTOR has an extensive backstory already and are thoroughly established, and I guess what I'm getting more at is that new writers often aren't necessarily motivated by their passion for the IP or maintaining authenticity and accuracy, which is something that we ideally would want.
I'm not that worried. I was when Sam Maggs was working on it but she was quickly fired, so that's a good sign.
That's the risk of a new writing team taking over someone else's work. It's not 100% they'll **** it up, sure, but there's an expectation of quality and, perhaps most importantly, good taste that comes with remaking one of the greatest games of all time, and given the behind the scenes issues this game has already suffered from it doesn't leave much hope.
If anything the project being removed from Aspyr and given to Saber is a green flag, it shows that they do care about the project.

If it's bad I'll just stick the original. It'll still remain one of my favourite games of all time.

Either way this is a dream figure for me, personal nitpicks aside.

Idk where you read that. But the SWTOR MMO takes place thousands of years before ANH. And the events with revan took place quite some time before SWTOR. Here's more credence to that. Kotor =knights of the old republic. Prequel trilogy is the republic= post rebellion is the new republic or something. The republic in star wars is very very old

I'm not that worried. I was when Sam Maggs was working on it but she was quickly fired, so that's a good sign.

If anything the project being removed from Aspyr and given to Saber is a green flag, it shows that they do care about the project.

If it's bad I'll just stick the original. It'll still remain one of my favourite games of all time.

Either way this is a dream figure for me, personal nitpicks aside.
Yeah fair enough, I think I just have more of a sometimes dead is better feeling when it comes to this game. I'd rather not endure the potential remakes failures regardless of whether the original still exists hahah.

As far as the figure goesI just hope that, if they don't make alterations to the mask, that a 3rd party produces a more accurate headsculpt.

Back