1/6 Hot Toys - VGM62/62B - StarWars Legends : Darth Revan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there any official 2d artwork of Revan from the game. The game graphically looks pretty outdated considering it was made over 20 years ago and you can tell where they just had to cut corners on polygons and modeling work. The Hot Toys visor shape actually looks closer to the Remake reveal trailer.

Hot Toys
darth-revan-special-edition_star-wars_gallery_66267fd5b7c86.jpg

Kotor Remake reveal trailer
9aMgGGcWqXMYHMuJ3VQGZn.jpg

2003 Kotor
latest

Was there any official 2d artwork of Revan from the game. The game graphically looks pretty outdated considering it was made over 20 years ago and you can tell where they just had to cut corners on polygons and modeling work. The Hot Toys visor shape actually looks closer to the Remake reveal trailer.

Hot Toys
darth-revan-special-edition_star-wars_gallery_66267fd5b7c86.jpg

Kotor Remake reveal trailer
9aMgGGcWqXMYHMuJ3VQGZn.jpg

2003 Kotor
latest
We must be looking at different images, cause it’s pretty far off even from the Remake version. It should still be thin.

Yall gotta let the visor thing go. It's an absurd complaint considering how little this particular character has been represented in comparison to how widely he's loved by fans.

If the visor is enough to complain about, I have no idea how you'd be OK with buying it in the first place. You're not getting "accuracy" from this no matter which angle you look at it from.

Because there is no "accurate" version of him unless you base it off of KOTOR and WHY would you do that... Look at it. It's aged terribly. Best SW game ever created but Revan has seen a few helpful and needed revisions since in the very few things he's attributed to in SW media.

This figure isn't the second coming but it's a damn sight better than we had. Which is nothing.

Last edited:
We must be looking at different images, cause it’s pretty far off even from the Remake version. It should still be thin.

For some reason I was thinking visor meant the whole face mask lol. I see what you're saying now. Doesn't bother me personally, I've been trying to look up various sources just to see what the interpretations were.

maxresdefault.jpg

Any artists
For some reason I was thinking visor meant the whole face mask lol. I see what you're saying now. Doesn't bother me personally, I've been trying to look up various sources just to see what the interpretations were.

maxresdefault.jpg

It doesn't stray, from artist to artist much. It's not an issue, imo.

maxresdefault.jpg
It's just a common thing with Hot Toys, their visors almost always look off to me. Mando, Rex, Revan,

It's just a common thing with Hot Toys, their visors almost always look off to me. Mando, Rex, Revan,
This goes for any HT collector of troopers and clones. The helmet is your headsculpt to judge. I've always understood this. Just not towards this particular helmeted character.

Besides Vader himself I don't think there is a cooler looking star wars character design. I barely played KOTOR back in the day, they're probably at the start of my soon 20 year backlog of games to play "when I get free time", so I have no attachment to the character.. yet. Still I had to order this one.

Impressed they resisted the urge to make this another chrome limited release. Also trying very hard to think of something more silly to include then these coins, what is this, 1993?

Also trying very hard to think of something more silly to include then these coins, what is this, 1993?
It's simply a good faith gesture to show their distributor (SS) some love. It's nothing more than that. No one could give a rat's ass about this coin unless they're just.. well.

But those ppl exist and SS exclusives sometimes exist because of it. Just a handshake from HT to SS. That's all this particular exclusive means.

It MIGHT (ya, it won't) draw more sales to SS for it. It's honestly a slap in the face, tbh. But by the numbers in the end.

Edit: That being said, I'll be selling the coin on Ebay for $20 + shipping.

And laugh my way to the bank, apparently..

Because, morons.

Last edited:
While Revan is a cool looking figure, to me he looks a little too close to what a Mandalorian Sith would look like.

I loved KOTOR 1 & 2, but this guy isn't something I need on my shelf. I almost picked up the Hasbro BS figure a few times, but even passed on that. Then I'd want all these versions of various Sith Lords. :lol

If HT would make his visor thinner, their revan would be perfect.

HT if you read this...

They won't change it. The figure helm is based of the material from the (canceled?) KOTOR remake and possible/probable coming cameo in mouse house productions, to me that makes more sense then trying to create an amalgamation from the 20+ years old varying looks from different game files and comic books.

They won't change it. The figure helm is based of the material from the (canceled?) KOTOR remake and possible/probable coming cameo in mouse house productions, to me that makes more sense then trying to create an amalgamation from the 20+ years old varying looks from different game files and comic books.
If they based it on the Remake then HT failed to capture the visor properly. I love everything else HT did on his Revan design, my criticism is just the visor is too wide.
db189db3b19bb4e79eead7b7c6464532.jpg
95f8026066a5484a45878830cd988f35.jpg

Back