1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Zurdo. Always appreciate your positivity and energy around here. :duff

hpnoEyu.gif

Okay @Zurdo95D ... you can stay!! Especially since you've finally watched the OT and TM S1 & 2. 🤗

:lol :lol :hi5: :1-1:

I've also watched Rogue One too :wink1: And what a ride SW has been, I really got going by browsing through the OG Mandalorian figure thread which was contagious and I picked up the figure. Then the beskar version was released and felt compelled to get that figure. In which I ultimately decided to watch the show! I came to like it a whole bunch and before moving to S2, @MyenShi strongly recommended watching the OT. Subsequently I watched S2 and RO! And of course picking up some SW figures. I must admit I just did not anticipate getting so invested in SW (and picking up more figures!!!!!!), but its lore and stories are top notch.

I guess the Emperor didn't know he was running around in the galaxy?
I am no Maul expert, but seems like I always read something akin to the following:

Maul: *does something he was expressly forbidden to do* Then he returns to Coruscant like nothing happened.

Emperor: "So how did you like that thing you did?"

Maul: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THAT?!"

Emperor: "Mwahaha, yes I know all! I knew your thoughts when you were a fetus in the womb, you are completely transparent to me! It was in fact my idea that you went and did that thing, you thought you had a unique thought - BUT NO IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME!"

And then Maul's all kind of crestfallen and sort of p!ssed off, too. Can't blame, him, Palps is no fun to work for. I am still not over how AWFUL he is to Vader in the comics. I mean, awful. No wonder everyone wants to kill him.

I just didn't like Lucas bringing back Maul. Filoni kinda pushed back on it and was told to find a way. I know Lucas realized he effed up and killed Maul too soon. I am not sure why he would want a Sith to be some gang lord. Never felt right. Maul is the ultimate duelist, not a Palpatine power hungry manipulator.
Mauls story and character is now one of the best in all of Star Wars though imo.

I've also watched Rogue One too :wink1: And what a ride SW has been, I really got going by browsing through the OG Mandalorian figure thread which was contagious and I picked up the figure. Then the beskar version was released and felt compelled to get that figure. In which I ultimately decided to watch the show! I came to like it a whole bunch and before moving to S2, @MyenShi strongly recommended watching the OT. Subsequently I watched S2 and RO! And of course picking up some SW figures. I must admit I just did not anticipate getting so invested in SW (and picking up more figures!!!!!!), but its lore and stories are top notch.
Glad you watched Rogue One too! Hope you enjoyed it.

I’m glad you’ve been having fun getting more invested in Star Wars. Really happy to hear that.

Mauls story and character is now one of the best in all of Star Wars though imo.
Well, think Ahsoka is OK-ish and was never invested in Maul, but IMO the CW Season 7 interactions are riveting. IMO CW and Rebels did a surprisingly good job with Maul, plausibly bringing him back on scene.

Meanwhile I guess SSC not putting up the Armorer for PO is a way of building anticipation so u thoughtlessly smash the BUY button, ignoring the fact that u also PO'd Kuiil, 2 Blurgs, 2 Speeders, a swoop bike, Mando V3, Bo-katan, and 3 replica helmets from BBTS with an assortment of HASBRO figs:yess:.

It's only money :p and no I didn't do that

And of course picking up some SW figures. I must admit I just did not anticipate getting so invested in SW (and picking up more figures!!!!!!), but its lore and stories are top notch.

I had to backtrack too; watched CW and later Rebels....wouldn't say everything all the time with the animated series is absolutely great; but overall the writing and imagination of the settings is pretty impressive. There's times I got more tense over a scene than some movies. Some excellent story telling.

Last edited:
Maul is an excellent-looking villain in The Phantom Menace, but very underdeveloped as a character. The Clone Wars, Rebels, and several ''Legends'' comics and novels make Maul the brilliant character he is known as today.

It amazes me how some people still have a bit of an aversion to the animated shows. They have some of the best SW storytelling full stop. It's a real shame if people miss out on that story, so anyone on the fence with the CW do yourself a favour and watch it all the way through, you won't regret it. Then there are people like that Danoby idiot on Youtube who are too arrogant to ever consider lowering themselves to watch a cartoon, those people you just can't reach.

Thanks, @KBA.

The Clone Wars can be difficult to get into so I fully understand. If at any point you want to watch the whole series, I like to recommend starting with Season 3 Episode 18 The Citadel and going back to Season 1 if you end up liking the show. Episodes are really hit or miss Seasons 1 and 2. The tone matures very quickly after Season 3.

Since you’re primarily just looking for more context into the state of Mandalore, the easiest way would be to stick to episodes with Bo-Katan in them. She’s a side character for her earliest episodes, but develops into an important figure. It’s helpful to sort of mentally shift your focus to her being the central character.

Here’s a quick rundown of the important characters since you’d be missing out on their introductions:

Duchess Satine Kryze: Bo-Katan’s sister. A pacifist who has tried to turn Mandalore away from its warrior roots to be a pacifist society. Obi-Wan has feelings for her.

Pre Vizsla: Leader of the Death Watch, a splinter group of Mandalorians against the idea of Satine’s pacifism. Voiced by Jon Favreau. Same clan as Paz Vizsla in The Mandalorian, also voiced by Favreau.

Maul and Savage Opress: Maul was resurrected earlier in the series. Savage is a Nightbrother from Dathomir that Maul is close and forms a bond with. Edit: Yes, also biological brothers.

S4E14 in this list is optional, though it is Bo-Katan’s first appearance. It’s mostly a self contained side story.

The Clone Wars
S4E14 - Friend in Need
S5E14 - Eminence
S5E15 - Shades of Reason
S5E16 - The Lawless
S7E9 - Old Friends Not Forgotten
S7E10 - The Phantom Apprentice
S7E11 - Shattered
S7E12 - Victory and Death

[Context: Order 66, the Clone War ends, and the Empire seizes Mandalore by this point. Bo-Katan was made Imperial regent but Palpatine replaces her with Gar Saxon when she will not swear fealty to him.]

Rebels
S4E1&2 - Heroes of Mandalore

[Context: Sabine Wren, a Mandalorian of house Wren, is looking for someone to wield the Darksaber and unite their people. She chooses Bo-Katan. Some time after this episode, she will lose the Darksaber and it will end up in the hands of Moff Gideon in events that are only alluded to.]

Wow, thank you for putting that together. I have a game plan now.

Maul is an excellent-looking villain in The Phantom Menace, but very underdeveloped as a character. The Clone Wars, Rebels, and several ''Legends'' comics and novels make Maul the brilliant character he is known as today.

It amazes me how some people still have a bit of an aversion to the animated shows. They have some of the best SW storytelling full stop. It's a real shame if people miss out on that story, so anyone on the fence with the CW do yourself a favour and watch it all the way through, you won't regret it. Then there are people like that Danoby idiot on Youtube who are too arrogant to ever consider lowering themselves to watch a cartoon, those people you just can't reach.

For myself, it was that first CW movie with baby jabba that created the aversion. I remember being pretty optimistic going into the movie as I loved the pre-cgi CW cartoon shorts. The Mando show has made me curious enough to go back and try and give things another shot. Pretty cool what that show has been able to do as far as tying all the yarn together.

For myself, it was that first CW movie with baby jabba that created the aversion. I remember being pretty optimistic going into the movie as I loved the pre-cgi CW cartoon shorts. The Mando show has made me curious enough to go back and try and give things another shot. Pretty cool what that show has been able to do as far as tying all the yarn together.
Oh boy, don’t let the movie put you off, the show is far superior. Maybe start with some of the best story arcs, and if they work for you then go back and give the whole thing a chronological re-watch. I find even the filler episodes have something interesting to take out of them. And thumbs up for being a fan of Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars, such a weird and wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Meanwhile I guess SSC not putting up the Armorer for PO is a way of building anticipation so u thoughtlessly smash the BUY button, ignoring the fact that u also PO'd Kuiil, 2 Blurgs, 2 Speeders, a swoop bike, Mando V3, Bo-katan, and 3 replica helmets from BBTS with an assortment of HASBRO figs:yess:.
How the heck are you looking at my preorders!!! :slap

hpnoEyu.gif

:lol :lol :hi5: :1-1:

Fun to see ya gettin all giddy over the classics. Gotta respect the classics man! Anything you can watch now is just extra credit! In for a penny, in for a pound! No turning back now, face it... you're one us! Lol ;) ☕

Seriously though, I liked Rouge One a lot, I was surprised at how good it actually was. I had tempered expectations going into it, but I'd say RO exceeded them. It's the only post OT movie I have no reservations of frequently rewatching. I'm remaining hopeful the Andor Series can capture that same vibe I get from RO.

Very interesting discussion so far on the future of these characters I've watched develop for years, decades even. I appreciate everyone's perspectives.

I'm also looking forward to TM S3 and how the Armorer's role as an Oracle for Din Djarin may be reincorporated.

I am no Maul expert, but seems like I always read something akin to the following:

Maul: *does something he was expressly forbidden to do* Then he returns to Coruscant like nothing happened.

Emperor: "So how did you like that thing you did?"

Maul: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THAT?!"

Emperor: "Mwahaha, yes I know all! I knew your thoughts when you were a fetus in the womb, you are completely transparent to me! It was in fact my idea that you went and did that thing, you thought you had a unique thought - BUT NO IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME!"

And then Maul's all kind of crestfallen and sort of p!ssed off, too. Can't blame, him, Palps is no fun to work for. I am still not over how AWFUL he is to Vader in the comics. I mean, awful. No wonder everyone wants to kill him.
I believe it was him killing a Jedi Padawan. He was told not to engage with the Jedi yet as Palpatine was not ready to reveal the Sith. But then I think he sent him to actually kill a Jedi afterwards. It’s been a long time since I read the comics/books. But he was certainly aggravated since all he wanted to do was kill a Jedi and Palps kept forbidding him to do it. Palps was certainly always a master manipulator though. Especially after Palps kills Savage and could’ve killed Maul but instead let him live. Oh man, Maul is one of my faves. I was so happy he got brought back, but I can see why some people didn’t like it. He certainly was “killed off” too early in TPM and Lucas went to great lengths to remedy that. But it did lead to some great Star Wars moments throughout TCW and Rebels. And who knows? We may get some more if/when they decide to delve into Crimson Dawn more

edit**
Boy did this thread get hijacked 🤣 but I definitely love talking about this

How the heck are you looking at my preorders!!! :slap
:p:p:p
Winnowing what I would LIKE vs. what I can HAVE is painful
:cool:
Still I did pay for a vintage Cara to go with the HASBRO Razor Crest - some things are just necessary 😄

Well I did. Thought the animated shows were like cartoons or the Lego movies, 'cept SW threads would bring up CW or Rebels - but then of course THOSE PEOPLE (SW diehards) would watch or read anything and everything SW, coz they're fanatics anyway. :monkey3

So I got to feast on some crow, but it's all good.

No problem.

I love the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series as well. So much so that it was difficult to get into CGI The Clone Wars at first.

It didn’t help that the TCW movie was a terrible idea; more of a pilot made up of multiple episodes stitched awkwardly into a theatrical release.

It was a really bad way to launch this new series as it turned off a lot of people, especially those on the fence about a CGI animated series in the first place.

I left the theater thinking I hated this new format. Years later, the show really matured and grew into something special and memorable.

But I still recommend people skip the movie and first two seasons at first because it is an absolutely slog to get through.

No problem.

I love the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series as well. So much so that it was difficult to get into CGI The Clone Wars at first.

It didn’t help that the TCW movie was a terrible idea; more of a pilot made up of multiple episodes stitched awkwardly into a theatrical release.

It was a really bad way to launch this new series as it turned off a lot of people, especially those on the fence about a CGI animated series in the first place.

I left the theater thinking I hated this new format. Years later, the show really matured and grew into something special and memorable.

But I still recommend people skip the movie and first two seasons at first because it is an absolutely slog to get through.

canonically, because of some of the insane things that happen in Tartakovsky series, my head canon for it was always that they were “propaGanda films” made by the republic.

and thinking of them that way, they remain canon :)

canonically, because of some of the insane things that happen in Tartakovsky series, my head canon for it was always that they were “propaGanda films” made by the republic.

and thinking of them that way, they remain canon :)
That’s a good and probably healthier way of thinking about it. I appreciate those folks out there who are happy with a head canon.

I remember how much Clone Wars (Tartakovsky), The Clone Wars, and Clone Wars (Dark Horse) conflicted with each other.

Back then, they would always say don’t worry, we’ll make sense of it canonically.

And then Disney happened and fixed the whole issue for them by axing everything but The Clone Wars. :lol

Back