1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until I hear anything from Disney, this is Lego being Lego and fans outraging over nothing. They're for kids and just getting rid of the unique names.

Well, they know it is causing backslash, so it is only logical they are doing this quietly.

Jedi News spoke with LEGO designers Jens Kronvold Frederiksen and Michael Lee Stockwell, who confirmed the change was requested directly by Disney.

"Everybody is," said Frederiksen. "It’s probably not something which has been announced publicly but it is just something that Disney doesn’t want to use any more." Based on his comments, it would seem Disney is uncomfortable with the term "slave" being associated with one of the most popular Star Wars characters.

LOL some supposed "fans"(read as bitter haters) need to pretend like this never happened in the OT
57404c.gif
:lol

Both Chirrut and the Armorer wrecking Stormtroopers with their specific "weapons" were legit badass and fantastic scenes! :wink1:
5fmt2q.gif

5fmtjx.gif

:drink
5fmukk.gif
Hey Mondragon. Don't worry about our friend Malgus. I guess he must be back from his latest ban.

He delights in saying things which purposefully annoy others just to get reactions.

I can recommend the ignore function. It works great !

Great! It's good to have sources, thank you for providing that. I'm sure everyone is equally upset about the other LEGO set ship name changes dukefett mentioned, right?

Can we stop pretending that you don't know how to Google and/or are completely unaware of this story despite posting on this board all the time? I guess now you are saying that you initially commented on a story/situation that you know absolutely nothing about?

Also the Slave 1 is among the three most popular and recognized Star Wars ships and has been for 40 years. I don't even know the official name of those other Lego ships and I spend stupid money on stuff like this all the time.

Can we stop pretending that you don't know how to Google and/or are completely unaware of this story despite posting on this board all the time? I guess now you are saying that you initially commented on a story/situation that you know absolutely nothing about?
Yeah - I was aware people were upset because Boba's ship was called something different on a LEGO box but I did not know Lego had already publicly attributed the change to Disney.
Also the Slave 1 is among the three most popular and recognized Star Wars ships and has been for 40 years. I don't even know the official name of those other Lego ships and I spend stupid money on stuff like this all the time.
So it's ok to update canonical names if we never learned them in the first place but if we know the name already then it is strictly forbidden? :unsure:

Why not buy from a cheaper seller that's not Toys Wonderland like Timewalker or Comic Concepts? You will get it same time frame, same price (after you figure shipping) and better customer service...
I’ve never bought from Toys Wonderland so am just thinking about using them. This figure will be exclusive to Sideshow once it goes up or else I would probably go with Alter Ego.

Also how did we get on arguing over the supposed change to Slave I? At this point I’m going with that just being a LEGO thing given that the official Star Wars website still lists Slave I and hasn’t been taken down.

Yeah - I was aware people were upset because Boba's ship was called something different on a LEGO box but I did not know Lego had already publicly attributed the change to Disney.

So it's ok to update canonical names if we never learned them in the first place but if we know the name already then it is strictly forbidden? :unsure:

Best not to take a position on an issue that you are ill informed on then. When they start calling the Millennium Falcon "Han Solo's spaceship" maybe your weak sauce argument would have some merit.

Do you think they’ll put up one PO a day?
I think you may be right. Not sure what the point in that really is. We’ve seen all the figures anyways. Why not just put them all up? Sideshow is weird at times. For a while they were putting things up The same night Hot Toys would announce figures. Then they went back to waiting until the day after. Now in this case it’s waiting until after the holiday and one at a time.

I’ve never bought from Toys Wonderland so am just thinking about using them. This figure will be exclusive to Sideshow once it goes up or else I would probably go with Alter Ego.
I'm not a huge fan of ordering from Toys Wonderland myself. I do like supporting US based retailers whenever possible. They work really hard with what they have and I'm really appreciative of stores like Timewalker who go to bat for you.

I did order from Toys Wonderland just once. It was okay, but I had some really bad CSRs who didn't know what they were doing.

They sent me a shipping quote but took it back saying it was wrong, sent me multiple e-mails saying they sent an invoice despite not getting one, then they sent me an invoice for the whole order despite already paying for the figures, until finally sending me an invoice for just the shipping.

But I know other folks like to order from them and that's fine. Just not for me, for that and other reasons as well.

At this point I’m going with that just being a LEGO thing given that the official Star Wars website still lists Slave I and hasn’t been taken down.

When Lego tells you what Disney told them to do and you still choose to ignore
tenor (51).gif
and make up your own story...

Calling it now: she's going to try to kill Mando for his "heresy." And he's gonna have his work cut out for him. Real talk.

Good call. I think she will challenge Mando for the Darksaber and he will end up losing it to the Armorer. Later on, Bo-Katan will fight the Armorer for it. Bo-Katan wins the battle, then gets her own show.

As far as the figure goes, it's a definite buy. Now if they can only give me a Greef Karga, Season one collecting will be a wrap. Smallest of hope for Cara Dune.

Last edited:
Good call. I think she will challenge Mando for the Darksaber and he will end up losing it to the Armorer. Later on, Bo-Katan will fight the Armorer for it. Bo-Katan wins the battle, then gets her own show.
Heresy is a bit of an exaggeration and the events of Season 2 don't set up for a confrontation like that. The Armorer is the one who tasked Din Djarin by creed to protect the foundling and reunite him with his people in the first place. She would be glad that he accomplished his quest.

He broke one of the codes of the Way of the Mandalore that their tribe follows by removing his helmet, but breaking that code just means that you're not allowed to wear a helmet again. A possible way of further allowing Pedro Pascal to go helmetless, aside from by choice through character development.

The helmet code always struck me as partly a way to protect the remaining Mandalorians in hiding and disguise their identies and numbers by not showing their faces publicly. Secrecy was of the highest priority during this period. They lived in the shadows and only one person of the Covert was allowed out at a time.

The Armorer does not strike me as someone who seeks power like that. She's shown to be wise, diplomatic, and pragmatic. I think her role as a protector of her tribe, and of knowledge, history, and the Beskar is more important to her.

Why not buy from a cheaper seller that's not Toys Wonderland like Timewalker or Comic Concepts? You will get it same time frame, same price (after you figure shipping) and better customer service...
It wouldn’t be the same timeframe though, right? I thought US retailers got their stock from Sideshow and would be shipping out even later than SS due to that. Toys Wonderland should ship out long before anybody in the US.

It wouldn’t be the same timeframe though, right? I thought US retailers got their stock from Sideshow and would be shipping out even later than SS due to that. Toys Wonderland should ship out long before anybody in the US.
Other US retailers don't get Toy Fair Exclusives - you either buy them from Sideshow, find an overseas supplier or wait for some to pop up on eBay.

I'm not a huge fan of ordering from Toys Wonderland myself. I do like supporting US based retailers whenever possible. They work really hard with what they have and I'm really appreciative of stores like Timewalker who go to bat for you.

I did order from Toys Wonderland just once. It was okay, but I had some really bad CSRs who didn't know what they were doing.

They sent me a shipping quote but took it back saying it was wrong, sent me multiple e-mails saying they sent an invoice despite not getting one, then they sent me an invoice for the whole order despite already paying for the figures, until finally sending me an invoice for just the shipping.

But I know other folks like to order from them and that's fine. Just not for me, for that and other reasons as well.
I’m kind of just put off by Sideshow recently. For various reasons. Plus they charge tax, which is whatever because they’re supposed to, but also tack on high shipping charges. If I could I would use Alter Ego Timewalker, but for this particular release I won’t be able to with it being an exclusive.

I’m kind of just put off by Sideshow recently. For various reasons. Plus they charge tax, which is whatever because they’re supposed to, but also tack on high shipping charges. If I could I would use Alter Ego Timewalker, but for this particular release I won’t be able to with it being an exclusive.
I think most of the regulars here are, for various reasons as you said. I am as well.

I'll only go with them if it's an exclusive or if it's sold out everywhere else.

Are you saying that I’m making up a story? Again Slave I is still on the official Star Wars website.

You are making up a story, absolutely. You said it's just a Lego thing knowing full well that Lego disclosed on the record that it is in fact a Disney thing.

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/product-page/hot-toys-tms055-the-mandalorian-1-6-armorer
There's only a 100% pay option left, but it's 2290HKD which is about $295 now at Toys Buying Agent.

I'm just going to go with Sideshow, it might be near that price with tax and shipping but won't have to pay up front and I've got some points. I hope it goes up soon, I have a code from something shipping recently. I tried it on the Cyborg Spider-Man and it was applicable to that, so hoping for The Armorer.

Back