1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome review Clipper. :clap. Always appreciate you're honesty. Going to steal some of these pose bud. :lol

Had to cancel mine. Hope he's still around in a few months. If not I'll just have to bite an expensive after market bullet.

You should be fine waiting this one out. The reception has been luke warm, so I don't see it selling out for at least 6 months or so.

Those are the worst pictures I have ever seen of anything lol.
Now you must explain exactly what you did cuz I want to copy you!
what kind of padding and what kind of neck adapter now?

one more note on height -- specs say Punisher is exactly the same height, for those interested.

hahaha yeah i agree ,though some of my pictures in the wonder woman thread maybe worse :lol

hope these tell the story of what i did and how it turned out a little clearer :)

36183602404_254380d694_m.jpg

this is what i used ,soft toy plush toys stuffing and this thin polystyrene type sheeting that you get car and motorcycle parts wrapped in

this is what i used to stuff it in ,a cheap dental set

36878576491_c01c45a778_m.jpg

this is where i stuffed it

36848057402_776ac19926_m.jpg

this is how i stuffed it in

36622184320_fb98e7f540_m.jpg

and this is how i lenghtened the neck post

36878544331_df92b39eca_z.jpg

and this is what it looks like now after my messing around

37019317115_325df3026f_m.jpg

36878534381_a508e686f5_m.jpg
36211203633_7f3fb85e95_m.jpg

36848035762_8e9f82b1e0_m.jpg

36622110810_de2b73a63b_m.jpg

36848031012_854fbf87b0_m.jpg

as you can hopefully see non of its permanent and can all be put back to stock in a couple of minites ,but for me its made a figure i was underwhelmed with something im now happy to have

apologizes again for crap pictures ,i honestly dont know what happened to my phone
my picture were never great but at least they were clear and big enough to see with out a magnifying glass :dunno

Last edited:
Too bad the suit is stitched together. This is reminiscent of the Batman Begins suit figures, that had to be padded the same way. It prohibits you from being able to really pad it out the way you would like.

Too bad the suit is stitched together. This is reminiscent of the Batman Begins suit figures, that had to be padded the same way. It prohibits you from being able to really pad it out the way you would like.

yeah i agree ,didn't have the batman you're on about ,but with this its a compromise you push it where you can not where its needed :lol

Yeah, you can bulk him up, but you can't stick it just where real human muscles would go. The Batman figure benefitted from having sculpted muscles, but it was still a problem there.

Yeah, you can bulk him up, but you can't stick it just where real human muscles would go. The Batman figure benefitted from having sculpted muscles, but it was still a problem there.

yea, I'd like for the ratio between waist and shoulder to be bigger too; but there doesn't really seem to be a practical way to do this where you pad the right places. I of course applaud anyone who futzes or even customizes a figure in a way that makes them happy, but I think I can live with the figure as it and I have seen plenty to make me excited about getting this as is even though, like many figures, there are a few details I ideally would like to have been a bit different. I think over all though this is going to be a great figure to have and can't wait till it ships.

Now my only questions are, when do we think Sideshow will start shipping this in the US?

and, I wonder which version of his billy club others plan on using to pose with him? extended, separated, or "nunchaku mode"?

Thanks guys for watching my review and checking out my pictures and thanks also for your kind words of support :O)

Thanks guys for watching my review and checking out my pictures and thanks also for your kind words of support :O)

Glad you mentioned it because it got buried a few pages back and I didn't see it. I'll re-post it here again so maybe others who haven't seen it might find it too.

Good stuff as always. Your use of a longer wire on the billy clubs is a nice touch...

...I might have to try this when mine comes.

I also appreciated these reviews..

These videos are a great way to get a more interactive look at the figures, and while there is a lot of redundancy between these videos each reviewer often brings something unique to the table too. I look for to more video reviews. thanks to everyone who does them.

I must say some of the simple poses Clipper dose with this figure look great.
This fella has been directly responsible for me buying alot of figures....probably best if he stayed retired.

Still the best figure reviewer out there--I was stoked to see the new review up. I think most of us here still would love to see you reviewing figures even if you don't end up getting them till well after release, but it really does sound like a pain to get them just to review and then sell on.

As for DD, I canceled my BBTS preorder. Just feeling kinda "meh" about the final product. Reminds me a ton of Deadpool. Too skinny body, weird neck height issues, and a suit that lets you pose the figure, sure, but not if you want the suit material to actually last long term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31958d58b2be165114d38c954490fdec.jpg
d577ece06395ce928329a8dfe858392b.jpg

Is it me or anyone don't like the boot? May be it can pose in a great extent, but I really don't like the separate design.

從我的iPad使用Tapatalk 發送

Another great video from Clipper. Even with the issues the figure looks great and worth the price a bit more then Punisher.

31958d58b2be165114d38c954490fdec.jpg
d577ece06395ce928329a8dfe858392b.jpg

Is it me or anyone don't like the boot? May be it can pose in a great extent, but I really don't like the separate design.

從我的iPad使用Tapatalk 發送

Great picture and pose!

I think there's a problem with padding this suit out, where that because it's all one piece if you stick stuffing or padding in, even if you put them in the chest as separate pecs, it'll just stick the whole chest out in the same vain as a Captain America Rob Liefield drawing - don't want to sound an ass but that's what yours sort of looks like, Libby, with the chest padding. But if it looks better to you more power to you, if I get this I think I'd leave it padding free,

Back