1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 078 - The Book of Boba Fett: Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Rebels Sabine states her armor is 500 years old and she "re-forged" it to suit her. Boba likely did the same. As for the destroyed helmet, it could have been a fake, a decoy as such, or it too could have been reforged. Mandalorians reforging their ancestorial armor is nice cultural world building and a great story beat, and it covers the issue of screen changes and inconsistencies - win win.

But how did Boba reforge his father's armour? Did he find a friendly Mandalorian blacksmith? Why would he bother doing that anyway? He's a clone, it ought fit. Repaint sure but why reshape everything.
It also changes between OT movies.
Sure Mandalorians might reforge their armour but Boba isn't a Mandalorian and probably doesn't have access to Mando blacksmiths.
I think Favreau and Filoni making it Jango's armour was just unnecessary.
Mando's reforging their ancestors armour to fit is fine, makes sense. Boba slightly reforming his father's armour, then reforming it again between movies just seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Last edited:
I honestly take it as a combo of "Jango and/or Boba kept spare pieces around" and the "squint and pretend it's the same thing" theory. As it is, Boba also seems to have magically found a second kneepad after one didn't come out of the sarlacc, plus the magic extra dart tube that can come and go as needed.

But how did Boba reforge his father's armour? Did he find a friendly Mandalorian blacksmith? Why would he bother doing that anyway? He's a clone, it ought fit. Repaint sure but why reshape everything.
It also changes between OT movies.
Sure Mandalorians might reforge their armour but Boba isn't a Mandalorian and probably doesn't have access to Mando blacksmiths.
I think Favreau and Filoni making it Jango's armour was just unnecessary.
Mando's reforging their ancestors armour to fit is fine, makes sense. Boba slightly reforming his father's armour, then reforming it again between movies just seems a bit of a stretch to me.

The whole, it's his father armour makes little sense. Boba's armour looks different in TESB and ROTJ. Not just in colour but shape. Helmet and gauntlets.
Jango's armour is shaped differently from either set of Boba's armour from the OT.
Jango's helmet was destroyed in an episode of TCW (and it clearly wasn't beskar)
So what part of Jango's armour is Boba supposed to be wearing in the OT, Mando season 2 and BoBF?
He's so concerned about his father's armour but apparently doesn't care about the cod piece as that's been missing from Mando season 2 onwards.
To be fair though, given how ball-less he was in BoBF I guess damage already done and he no longer needs that cod piece.
Always made sense to me that Boba simply collected Mando armour and swapped pieces out as necessary. For some reason he swapped the helmet and gauntlets between TESB and ROTJ. Also repainted or outright swapped the jetpack.
As for the jetpack he wears in BoBF, that is really weird.
It can't be his father's jetpack as the one that most closely resembles this one was destroyed in the Obi-Wan fight.
The one he wears in the Geonosis arena is completely different.
It's also not made of beskar as it was so badly damaged by Han hitting it with a stick in ROTJ.
So why keep this crappy non beskar jetpack?
I guess he couldn't get his hands on a new one.
There's almost always a necessary suspension of disbelief that you need to enjoy any kind of fantasy property. The laws of physics are often broken, there's magic everywhere, alternate universes, portals, phantom zones and quantum realms and you're worried about all this armor inaccuracy... :ROFLMAO: I do like your theory that Fett had multiple pieces and parts of armor and swapped them out or upgraded them...which is much better than "LucasFilm has a number of helmets and suits created and painted and just sort of threw stuff together...". I really enjoy the lineage of the various Fett suits but it definitely mucks with the continuity...particularly when they have both looks backs (AOTC, TCW) and look aheads... I guess you're right...it is sort of a mess. :oops:

Before they decided that Boba was literally wearing his father's armour, it was fine. He has spare pieces. Swaps them out as needed.
Thanks to Favreau and Dave we now have to reconcile Boba's ROTJ armor I guess since that's the version he was recovering in season 2, as being Jango's originally. Technically it might be a different armour from what he wore in episode 2 but nothing in the show supports that.
To be fair, Star Wars has been a mess of continuity for a long time.

If I can accept sound and literal fireballs in the vacuum of space I can accept that Boba has an incredibly sentimental attachment to whatever armor he is wearing at any given time, no matter how customized from the original it might be.

I for one cannot wait for this Boba figure. I prefer the look of the armor to either of the Mando versions, but I might swap some of the black wardrobe with the repaint version.

Yeah, it doesn’t work unless you just suspend belief or else you’ll just drive yourself crazy. Don’t forget, even Bo-Katan says her armor’s been in her family for three generations. And her armor looks completely different from TCW to Rebels to Mando, so yeah. Star Wars be like that:lol

I bought a parted out Boba Fett codpiece for like $5 quite some time ago. I believe it was from the SS Mythos version. Wanted to see how it would look on the Mando s2 worn reclaimed armor figure (I know the paint won't match). Have yet to try out it out. Surprised no one else has, as I have never come across a photo anywhere of either of the new Fett's (old armor or new throne/repainted armor) with someone adding his missing codpiece.

I also bought the knife and sheath from the Mythos version as well to throw on my Mando Fett, but the straps are a solid one piece, not velcro. So I haven't tried that out yet either as I'd have to take his foot off and try to slide it up his boot.

Maybe one day.. :lol

I bought a parted out Boba Fett codpiece for like $5 quite some time ago. I believe it was from the SS Mythos version. Wanted to see how it would look on the Mando s2 worn reclaimed armor figure (I know the paint won't match). Have yet to try out it out. Surprised no one else has, as I have never come across a photo anywhere of either of the new Fett's (old armor or new throne/repainted armor) with someone adding his missing codpiece.

I also bought the knife and sheath from the Mythos version as well to throw on my Mando Fett, but the straps are a solid one piece, not velcro. So I haven't tried that out yet either as I'd have to take his foot off and try to slide it up his boot.

Did this awhile ago:
IMG_5839.jpeg
IMG_4477.jpeg

And below is the Mythos cod piece I used as a paint test before I switched it to a Hot Toys version. The Mythos has to be detached at the sides and fitted with elastic strips to fit properly.
IMG_4131.jpeg
IMG_4246.jpeg

Interested to see how it looks but kind of like the Mando S2 look without it. Give it a unique flavor. It will also be partially or mostly obscured by the sash hanging in front, depending on pose. Still, I'd love to see it. If you like the look and want it to match the post-sarlacc look, shoot me a PM and I'll airbrush it no charge. I did a life size of that Fett and it should be pretty easy to match the HT paint scheme...

Did this awhile ago:
View attachment 647961View attachment 647962
And below is the Mythos cod piece I used as a paint test before I switched it to a Hot Toys version. The Mythos has to be detached at the sides and fitted with elastic strips to fit properly.
View attachment 647963View attachment 647964
I love the look of the post sarlacc paint on the ROTJ Fett... That's a Mythos all of it's own. I also like the blue cod piece on the Kenner Fett more than I thought I would. I'm in the process of doing a life size Kenner Fett and currently have the cod and kidney pieces green to match the chest armor but your pics might sway me to do the blue cod and kidney. Good stuff!

For those saying how did boba change Jango's armor for himself. The armor we know boba for from the OT belong to Jango when he fought in the Mandalorian civil wars. Jango got an upgraded version later when his adopted father died during a battle and passed his armor down to Jango which is the armor he wears in AOTC.

For those saying how did boba change Jango's armor for himself. The armor we know boba for from the OT belong to Jango when he fought in the Mandalorian civil wars. Jango got an upgraded version later when his adopted father died during a battle and passed his armor down to Jango which is the armor he wears in AOTC.
From the Open Seasons comic?
Yes I'd mentioned in one of my earlier comments that he could mean a different set of his father's armour rather than the ep2 silver armour but that's not supported by anything on screen and sadly that comic (which is a great bsckstory for Jango) is non-canon.
Unless by his father's armour he means the gauntlets (repainted). I think that's the only bit of Jango's armour that looks like ROTJ Boba's armour.

I know Star Wars has always had very dodgy continuity and you just have to ignore these details.

I also see why Filoni/Favreau decided to add this detail to Boba's story but it introduces yet more inconsistency.

From the Open Seasons comic?
Yes I'd mentioned in one of my earlier comments that he could mean a different set of his father's armour rather than the ep2 silver armour but that's not supported by anything on screen and sadly that comic (which is a great bsckstory for Jango) is non-canon.
Unless by his father's armour he means the gauntlets (repainted). I think that's the only bit of Jango's armour that looks like ROTJ Boba's armour.

I know Star Wars has always had very dodgy continuity and you just have to ignore these details.

I also see why Filoni/Favreau decided to add this detail to Boba's story but it introduces yet more inconsistency.
I feel when Boba showed Din in S2 the holo of the previous owners that made the comic Canon because right bellow Jango's name is his adopted father's name. I hoped that canonized it not forgetting even when Boba said that Jango fought in the mandalorian Civil wars, Which is the storyline of that comic.

I feel when Boba showed Din in S2 the holo of the previous owners that made the comic Canon because right bellow Jango's name is his adopted father's name. I hoped that canonized it not forgetting even when Boba said that Jango fought in the mandalorian Civil wars, Which is the storyline of that comic.
Yeah its partially canonised at least with Jaster and Concord Dawn being named but I'm dubious about the other details. I'd hoped BoBF might have explored some of that but well, we all know how BoBF turned out.

Im hearing soon on this one, fingers crossed.
Thanks, seems like a relatively quick and easy release for them and they have been dropping Book of Boba figures left and right.

Still debating if I need this figure or if Cobb Vanth will suffice in the Boba armor department.

Back