1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the Deluxe version a couple days ago. I wasn't that impressed with the first batch of production photos but I Am Toys and Dean Knights videos made me change my mind. I will be displaying her with the poncho and her cool hat.

Here's something random: just me or does it look like she has broken shins in most everyone's pictures? I'm guessing it's the lower part of the double knee joint that's bent, or are her knees really that low? Noticed it on the disguise version as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy crap, you're right! Why does it look like that?

Has to simply be the lack of a properly beveled knee cap? I Am Toys, any insight on this? Has this been brought up before?

Great pics. She looks less... derpy with the hat on.

I see I need the cold-weather gear if I get her.

Yeah until someone produces a better custom sculpt, I think I'm going to have to keep the weather gear and hat on, with the head kept more in shadow. Fortunately the gear looks so cool it should still make for an impressive looking figure.

Holy crap, you're right! Why does it look like that?

Has to simply be the lack of a properly beveled knee cap? I Am Toys, any insight on this? Has this been brought up before?
Its a simple error on the poser's part. It looks wrong, but its nothing broken.

The same strange-looking joint happens on double jointed elbows. You just have to bent them in a way that looks natural.

Also, the design of her pants can worsen the visual distortion.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

...and as we wait for our beloved figure in the Americas, I want to share my drawing I'm currently working on. [emoji9]
219b4b83d675f5ecc879585f024c22e7.jpg

Thanks!

While adding details I discovered I lost some of the likeness to the makeup... I guess that's relevant to the sculpt vs paint discussion.

Did you guys all order the deluxe? I ordered the regular because I didn't plan on using the hat/poncho, I didn't get a two week notice yet, which is weird. I thought the standard and deluxe were released together.

What do you mean, main batch? These figures are already on the way to Sideshow.

Hot Toys does a small release batch, mainly for reviewers and people in Hong Kong. A couple of months after that the "main batch" is done for the rest of the world. Sideshow is probably part of that or maybe even gets the first figures of that main batch. I buy mine from eBay sellers in HK and was told she should be ready by next week. So if SS figures are on the boat then that all matches nicely.

Back