1/6 Hot Toys - POTC5 - Jack Sparrow Figure (Artisan Edition + Regular) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I hate those large diamond display bases, it being used here for the standard/collector's edition is much better than that cheap craftboard with wood print that came with the DX06 that tended to warp upward. Though, I think a better option would've been the large display stand that came with Thanos and Venom

View attachment 695078
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the deluxe. The diorama base adds a lot of scenery to the display

I might get the regular Deluxe once it releases but I won't preorder.

The limitation for the Artisan is so annoying...
Hopefully Inart will do one that is not limited and from the trilogy.
That would be an instant preorder.
POTC5 was a terrible movie and Johnny's performance was just as bad.
I'd rather have a younger version to represent one of the iconic character from my childhood.

This is one of those figures that looks soooo good I want it, while I don't absolutely love the POTC movies, I think Jack Sparrow carried those movies and I can at least appreciate the artistry. Reading back in the comments it looks like there are some inaccuracies and with the bandana being over sided in the Artisan version. I'm ok with that and think these are pretty minor to me, average person looking at your collection wont be able to tell anyway lol.

Since I skipped the IA Paul Atreides I might try my hand in getting the Artisan Jack Sparrow from SS, I hate the queue system and haven't been able to snag any artisan yet however. 😭

hyper's comp clearly shows the inaccurate coat color...

View attachment 695039
Plus the colors seem off on the hair. The thin braids closest to his face should be darker while some of the hair peeking out from below the bandana should be blonde (as should one of his dreads). Hardly deal breakers but another example of HT not sweating the details...

Tough call on this one. I have DX15 plus the helm from DX06. I do want that smirking head and leather upgrades...not sure if Artisan is really worth it if its a huge price bump.

Hmm not really sure the Artisan is worth it on this one. The regular has enough ‘hair’ included already and the bandana looks fine either way. Both look great.
Honestly, I would be fine with either. Both look fantastic!

Newest serious face is a bit more refined, but not a great deal of difference.

JACKS.jpg

Back