1/6 Hot Toys - MMS745/745B - Episode III: Revenge of The Sith - Darth Sidious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want a Wookie in my collection, so I am hoping for that one.
There is only one wookie

I'm super fine with waiting by skipping the coin. After all I ordered my Vader from Popcultcha, ETA May 2038 or so, a couple more months for a coin free SS shipment is childs play..
I have it on reasonably good authority Popcultcha are getting their stock next week so take that with your 2038 lol!

On display at one of the hot toys shops. Looks pretty good

IMG_2557.jpeg

:chase

I just PO'ed the Emperor, Darth Revan and Starkiller. Might get to 2.0 Maul and Dark Empire Luke later.
I'm passing on the others for now, my budget doesn't allow them and Sidious is the only announcement so far that I've felt an instant  need for.

I deliberately po'd figures like Maul and Revan without the coin, only coin coming my way is the artisan Luke one since there was no option without.

Unless they're die-cast and super detailed/enameled etc, an actual art object they are 900% pointless
While I could care less about the coins, I don't see a reason to purchase the non-coin version while the coin version is available. If I ever need to resell, I'm assuming there will be a slight up-tick in asking price for the exclusive. Agree though, coins are a dumb exclusive. Makes the tiny little hologram with the Mark VII look super cool. :)

I think the only real nit I have seeing them side by side is the fabric choice is off on the figure. The hood has a much shinier, silk like appearance on the actual costume. The figure has a much coarser, rougher looking fabric. Palpatine was a snazzy dresser before he gave up and exclusively wore sith pajama robes. The luxury of his robe isn’t coming through with the figure’s fabric choice. Hopefully they fix that, although I doubt they do.
Actually, it looks like the fabric they used has the same diamond pattern seen on the actual costume. It's just the color that's off (brown instead of gray) which is surprising since it seems like they did their research otherwise.

Screenshot 2024-05-27 094208.png

fabric.jpg

Last edited:
Back