1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really sad news today. crazy how this has been for sale for such a long time and now today it sells out everywhere. wow.

For me, I have been on the fence for months. My collection is more full costumes and armor (Vader, troopers, Batman, etc) than plain human figures but this one looked so good. When I heard the news , it just pushed me over the edge as Leia was a hero to me and I felt it was a fitting tribute and I knew my time to make a decision would be cut short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buying a figure to honor a person isn't in my books, but **** those scalpers thinking people would do that is a terrible idea.

I don't know, but are you guys serious? Why the sudden love for Carrie Fisher?

I'll admit her career in films other than portraying Leia was mediocre to subpar at best..but she will always be the one true legendary princess of SW :lecture

I really hope Hot Toys makes a General Leia as commemoration.

I haven't bought Star Wars, because I know how expensive the OT would get for me, and tbh the sculpts have been a bit of a mix, but a General Leia could inspire me getting all 3 OT leads in their 'final form' (so to speak) as kind of a tribute to their characters after being an OT fan for 35 years and counting.. Old Han if he matches the early shots we've seen, does look very good.

Found this gif posted in another thread by Golden Boy. Had to share.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope Hot Toys makes a General Leia as commemoration.

I'd like them to do a Yavin Ceremony Leia, to me, she never looked more beautiful in the OT Trilogy.

Still can't believe she was only 19, mind boggling.

I think it's ok that people want a Leia figure now that Carrie Fisher has passed, but there's no reason to pay ridiculous prices for it. The people buying to sell is sick. There will continue to be Leia figures and merchandise made. I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toys did another run of this figure and will release versions from Empire and Jedi.

I find it strange that this is sold out because of her death. It seems self perpetual. People are buying because they think it will sell out and scalpers will charge a fortune and scalpers are buying because people are buying because...start the sentence again. Anyway, here's a shot I did a few months ago.

672b685434a24b2eab19d16cfa13abe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that idea

Can anybody try this one

I'd like them to do a Yavin Ceremony Leia, to me, she never looked more beautiful in the OT Trilogy.

Still can't believe she was only 19, mind boggling.

I'm sitting here watching Phantom Menace, and I love that Natalie Portman was only 18 in this. Compared to Fisher in ANH.

Props to Popcultcha. Not only do they have her for a good price, but there is a limit of 1 per order to at least try and discourage scalping.

Back