1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody already pointed out that there are two different binoculars that appear in different scenes in the film. The binoculars on the figure are both accurate and inaccurate depending on which scene you are looking at

I pre-ordered it today. I used the flex-pay payment plan with Sideshow. The only way I could really afford to get it. But I really wanted a figure of Arnold from one of my favorite movies he's done.

Re: Hottoys Commando: 1/6th scale John Matrix Collectible Figure.

smh. $249.99 is too much for this kind of figure.

hqdefault.jpg

How did I not find out about this until today?!?!? So Awesome! Commando is my favorite Schwarzenegger film. Would be cool if they threw in a log and chainsaw from the opening scene where he's carrying out a 600 lb tree on his shoulder!

"Come on Bennett! You don't want to just pull a trigger... you want to put the knife in me, and look me in the eye, and see what's going on in there when you turn it" - such a classic!

That's pretty much the coolest GI Joe ever.... but he looks like Kurt Russel....

sR0DxHg.jpg
kurt-russell-as-col-jonathan-jack-o-neil.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly:hi5:

Nice, yeah its your call:wink1:

Yes, day one PO no question for me too, There's figures that you would like to have, figures that are cool but you could live without, then there's one like this, a figure I have been waiting for many years to happen, This was and is my number one most wanted figure, no way in hell I'm not ordering:lecture

I understand price is a deterrent for some and I get that, comparing it to other releases makes some wonder why the price point, I think of the Terminator MMS238, 2 heads and 4 guns with a nice base sells for 230.00 whereas this has one head, but I consider they created a brand new body and packed this thing with a butt load of weapons and gear, more than any figure I can think of recently, one thing that I haven't seen yet is the base, I'm guessing its a basic stand.

Don't tempt me :wink1: Marty Mcfly was a day one pre order for me too, I was actually thinking about getting 2 of these one now and the other once they go on sale. I think I'll give myself some time to think it over. I also like not worrying about a flexpay bill every once in a while.

EDIT: I did it I PO to hell with it! 5 payments of 50 bucks and billing doesn't start till April I don't have any more flexpays around that time of the year.

Somebody already pointed out that there are two different binoculars that appear in different scenes in the film. The binoculars on the figure are both accurate and inaccurate depending on which scene you are looking at

Maybe people have short attention spans, also this movie was made in 85 I'm sure binoculars have come a long way, and really something silly to argue about.

Nice. My first Arnold figure back in the day. Got it at Kaybee toys. One of my younger brothers has it in his stuff, but it's missing the clothes :lol

Yeah not sure what other stuff he came with my bro got it at a local Comic Con like 4 or more years ago, missed out on Hogan and Roddy Piper but Commando and Over the Top were still there, which made us really happy.

Believe it or not, this is my favourite Arnie guilty pleasure movie ever... Yes he made much better movies (T2, Total Recall)... yes it wasn't even near the other movies of that era that he starred in (Terminator, Predator)

But as far as guilty pleasure, quote line for line after a couple of drinks, this is it.... The shame is that there isn't a decent remaster of it unedited on bluray...

Believe it or not, this is my favourite Arnie guilty pleasure movie ever... Yes he made much better movies (T2, Total Recall)... yes it wasn't even near the other movies of that era that he starred in (Terminator, Predator)

But as far as guilty pleasure, quote line for line after a couple of drinks, this is it.... The shame is that there isn't a decent remaster of it unedited on bluray...

I have watched this movie many times and I love it :)

I remember six years ago the unrated cut was released on DVD and I was so stoked to watch the film remastered. It came with some cool bonus features like a retrospective with Mark Lester, Rae Dawn Chong, Vernon Wells and Bill Duke. During said retrospective Rae calls Duke the blackest man she'd ever seen lol

I remember six years ago the unrated cut was released on DVD and I was so stoked to watch the film remastered. It came with some cool bonus features like a retrospective with Mark Lester, Rae Dawn Chong, Vernon Wells and Bill Duke. During said retrospective Rae calls Duke the blackest man she'd ever seen lol

yeah I just bought the blu ray recently and as much as it was awesome in blu ray it wasn't the extended cut. Still great
to see something this old from my childhood in blu ray, all those guys he killed sounded great in hd :yess:

Those binoculars look like a cheap kid's toy... it's not even trying to look like the movie binoculars. Did they reuse it from some other figure?

For those that think the binoculars look like a cheap kids toy, they're not. They are Steiner Commander binoculars with an illuminated compass and run about $1000 or more a set.

And I believe Hot Toys did include these with some of their older military figures.

Back