1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Sly doesn't hold up too well under HD. Also, for any NYC people, I think the Forbidden Planet at Union Square has one of these on sale for $169.99.

Mu necklaces just arrived for my Expendables 2 Barney ross and they look great on him. Also in the package was the original watch and wristband.

I'm just waiting for the knife now and I think I will be done with him although I may pick up a spare tactical vest (just for a backup) and maybe the original releases clothes.

Just got this figure and he’s awesome, seriously underrated. I have him in his alternate get up, do any of the hats stain the head?

Just got this figure and he’s awesome, seriously underrated. I have him in his alternate get up, do any of the hats stain the head?

Yeah he is awesome mate and congratulations. :clap

I bought some of the stuff from the original release and he looks even better.

I have had his hat on for a while now but was wondering is there known cases of hats staining the figures head.

I haven't seen staining with my EX2 Ross hats yet, but I have seen it with the EX1 Ross beret.

Oh.

To be honest I have only been collecting high-end for nearly two years so I don't know all the do's and do not's in terms of looking after the figures.

So would you recommend removing the beret, EX2 version?

I'm currently trying to remove stains on my Bane body from a clothing stain. I wouldn't like to try and remove stains from a head sculpt.

Bought this a few weeks back...one of the best Hot toys figures on the market IMO.....every bit as good as my Battle Damaged mark v11...it's that impressive.

Oh.

To be honest I have only been collecting high-end for nearly two years so I don't know all the do's and do not's in terms of looking after the figures.

So would you recommend removing the beret, EX2 version?

I'm currently trying to remove stains on my Bane body from a clothing stain. I wouldn't like to try and remove stains from a head sculpt.

Well, I haven't seen it on this one yet, so nothing to worry about until somebody posts a picture of it happening. I think anytime you have black touching a figure, then staining is a real possibility. I have seen it happen on Version 1 Ross, but the beret is all cloth. The EX2 beret is a soft plastic with felt over the top, so hopefully this will prevent the staining. Only time will tell though :wink1:

Well, I haven't seen it on this one yet, so nothing to worry about until somebody posts a picture of it happening. I think anytime you have black touching a figure, then staining is a real possibility. I have seen it happen on Version 1 Ross, but the beret is all cloth. The EX2 beret is a soft plastic with felt over the top, so hopefully this will prevent the staining. Only time will tell though :wink1:

Cheers mate. :hi5:

I have removed the beret earlier today so in future I will only leave it on for a while and not weeks/months on end just to be save.

I actually went to check on mine today and it's fine. I've had the hat on him for a few months now and it looks perfect :)

Yeah mine was on for about three weeks and with my recent Bane problems (stain on body) I have become all paranoid. :(

But it is good to hear that all is okay on your end. :hi5:

Yeah mine was on for about three weeks and with my recent Bane problems (stain on body) I have become all paranoid. :(

But it is good to hear that all is okay on your end. :hi5:

That sucks about Bane. Was it the sweater or jacket? I have mine in the 1st fight look, but it would be nice to know what to look out for.

That sucks about Bane. Was it the sweater or jacket? I have mine in the 1st fight look, but it would be nice to know what to look out for.

Yeah it was the brown sweater mate. I had him in his hole setup for a few months and when I reposed him the other day I noticed that there was four brown dots on his neck line due to the brown sweater. :mad:

I was helped by a member in the Bane thread to use acne cream and I'm on my third application and the stains are disappearing so hopefully they disappear altogether.

Yeah it was the brown sweater mate. I had him in his hole setup for a few months and when I reposed him the other day I noticed that there was four brown dots on his neck line due to the brown sweater. :mad:

I was helped by a member in the Bane thread to use acne cream and I'm on my third application and the stains are disappearing so hopefully they disappear altogether.

Yep, zit cream works great. Well, that sweater is never going on mine now :lol

Currently I have reached "dark place" with collecting Hot Toys. Meaning their is nothing interesting (or want to pay $300+) for me to purchase. I am going to step back and wait (hopefully Batman Returns). If by chance the dry period lingers to long and I start to feel the HT withdrawal, Barney Ross 2.0 will be my purchase.

Currently I have reached "dark place" with collecting Hot Toys. Meaning their is nothing interesting (or want to pay $300+) for me to purchase. I am going to step back and wait (hopefully Batman Returns). If by chance the dry period lingers to long and I start to feel the HT withdrawal, Barney Ross 2.0 will be my purchase.

I have seen you post this a few times on here now & this figure is starting to go down in price. It's well worth a purchase man :wink1:

I have seen you post this a few times on here now & this figure is starting to go down in price. It's well worth a purchase man :wink1:

:lecture:goodpost:

The "D" man is right. The best figures are the ones that look great, and you don't have to shell out a ton for. This is one of those figures.

This is one of those figures. I got mine Brand new for $30 under retail.

Beret removed (there will be no staining here, :lol) -

Yeah this is a wonderful figure and lets face it everyone needs a Sly in their collection.

Back