1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will stick with this pose for the moment -

Man this guy is awesome and I can't believe the amount of goodies that he comes with especially at the price. If you have any doubts on this guy then I would say get him.

Also the booklet says not to rub the tattoos on the body but will futzing him (with his gear on) not damage the tats?

I haven't damaged any of the tats on my Ross figures, but I don't recommend rubbing them either :wink1:

Also, digging the pose and agree that this figure is a great pickup :hi5:

I haven't damaged any of the tats on my Ross figures, but I don't recommend rubbing them either :wink1:

Also, digging the pose and agree that this figure is a great pickup :hi5:

Sound advice buddy.

Yeah I actually like the pose so he will be staying in that for the foreseeable future.

I just managed to get the two necklaces from the original release from a seller via eBay, they also included the watch and bracelet. :yess:

I now have them coming and the Knife (which I got the other day) so that should be all I need for Barney. I was contemplating on getting the original clothes but who knows.

So, the day I set him up for pictures was a very crappy day outside with rain and zero sunlight. Most of the pictures turned out like crap and also, Barney just isn't as fun to photograph as some other figures. He looks great for the most part but the arms and stuff are super tight. They are the tightest I've ever encountered on a figure. He was a pain to repose. I also broke a peg, and needed a lecture by DEATHASYLUM.

I like the proto Head sculpt better, but this one isn't bad. I got him for well under retail and those are always the best figures cause you didn't spend a ton and they are cool. Here's one of the few pics that turned out decent

Also, I haven't bothered to zipper the vest back up yet, but I will eventually.

Also, thinking about the future. Does anyone know if Barney's regular black tee will fit on Bane? Just in case I ever want to do a custom "Crashing this plane" version.

I just managed to get the two necklaces from the original release from a seller via eBay, they also included the watch and bracelet. :yess:

I now have them coming and the Knife (which I got the other day) so that should be all I need for Barney. I was contemplating on getting the original clothes but who knows.

I was thinking of getting the first version at some point. He's 200 locally, but that's more than I want to spend on him.

I was thinking of getting the first version at some point. He's 200 locally, but that's more than I want to spend on him.

Yeah I just needed a few bits and bobs from that release Chev and I think that this one is the better figure.

Great pics Chev and I agree he is a little bit of a pain to photograph. I also like your Bane idea. I have Bane but have him in a pose at the moment but I would imagine that the sleeves would be to short.

You did good picking those items up and will really improve his look. I prefer the old shades on him too :wink1:
So, the day I set him up for pictures was a very crappy day outside with rain and zero sunlight. Most of the pictures turned out like crap and also, Barney just isn't as fun to photograph as some other figures. He looks great for the most part but the arms and stuff are super tight. They are the tightest I've ever encountered on a figure. He was a pain to repose. I also broke a peg, and needed a lecture by DEATHASYLUM.

A lecture :lol Okay man, if you say so...... :rolleyes2

Heat is your friend and that's all I'm gonna say about that :wink1:

If you break another peg, don't say I didn't warn you :rotfl

All kidding aside though, I think this figure is better overall and wouldn't bother getting version 1, unless your a huge Sly fan.

You did good picking those items up and will really improve his look. I prefer the old shades on him too :wink1:

A lecture :lol Okay man, if you say so...... :rolleyes2

Heat is your friend and that's all I'm gonna say about that :wink1:

If you break another peg, don't say I didn't warn you :rotfl

All kidding aside though, I think this figure is better overall and wouldn't bother getting version 1, unless your a huge Sly fan.

:lol Don't worry, I'll be more careful. I honestly thought the hair dyer was needed for older figures. I was wrong...:slap

:lol Don't worry, I'll be more careful. I honestly thought the hair dyer was needed for older figures. I was wrong...:slap

Man I think I snapped two or three pegs on my DX10, those wrist pegs were a pain. The replacement ones I bought are much better but I will use the hair dryer on him just to be safe.

Congrats man :hi5:

Not sure why the vest was tough to put on though cause all you have to do is unzip it. No need to loosen the side straps to slide it onto the figure like version 1. It took me about 30 minutes to put the version 1 vest on and that one is a bit**, but version 2 only takes a minute or two :wink1:

Damn, all that work was unnessesary then :/ .. well he has the vest on now.
Just touht that zipper is hard to zip back up...

Damn, all that work was unnessesary then :/ .. well he has the vest on now.

Yeah man, just unzip & put on/take off. Makes the outfit swap much easier this time around. I hate changing outfits though & went multiples.
9278097321_7d93444477_z.jpg

9283118102_e54953c4fa_z.jpg

Back