1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Hela Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude. Of course an employee of Sideshow would know more about the 1/6 McQuarrie Vader. Theyre the ones who are making it...

HT figures on the other hand, how the hell would an American employee from an American company know anything about a Hong Kong company's products rollout? That information is pretty much internal to HT. Once HT knows, everyone else will know.

Your logic is non-sensical.

Where are all the crybabies now that said this Figure will Never be released?
Yeah Sideshow knows nothing about what Hot Toys is gonna do.
Must have been just dumb luck that the Sideshow Rep said this will be available for pre-order soon. :cuckoo:

Yes, that's for the most part correct. HT comes to a final decision about its products and then informs SSC afterward. SSC is not involved in the decision making process with HT. So if HT doesn't know, then SSC certainly doesn't know. Even if HT knows what it has planned, SSC wouldn't be privy of it if HT hasn't officially announced anything yet.

Like Lee said, HT is a big seller for SSC and drives a lot of traffic to their booths and contributes to a large chunk of the company's sales. However, SSC is the largest and widest distributor for HT and a lot of their sales come via SSC. So if anything, it's more sort of a symbiotic relationship to be more accurate. They both make money off of each other.

Yeah, Sideshow knows nothing.

Last edited:
Dang that's hot. The face looks awesome! I still hope we get an alternate head with the hair though. I hope that's the bonus item but I'm doubting that.

She's up at BBTS as well.

Hurrah! Really glad to see that this one's going into production. She'll look absolutely fantastic on the shelf.

Going to wait for my usual UK-based retailer to get this one in, since I'm not seeing any 'exclusive' label anywhere.

Hurrah! Really glad to see that this one's going into production. She'll look absolutely fantastic on the shelf.

Going to wait for my usual UK-based retailer to get this one in, since I'm not seeing any 'exclusive' label anywhere.

I'm new to these things; do the exclusives usually show up at the same time?

Yeah as far as I've seen the exclusive (or 'deluxe' which seems to have taken over somewhat) is usually announced at the same time as the standard release.

That's EXACTLY what I was expecting. It's pretty much Hot Toys new standard price. The days of anything below 220 are long over unfortunately.

I haven't given up hope for an extra head. I really don't want two Helas or have to comb through ebay for an second head if they DO do a second version as an exclusive. We will see. For all we know though, this could end up like the handful of Iron Man villains they've done where they don't sell great and only a few of us have them. I'm pretty sure you can still get the Mandarin easily. I hope this one does a lot better though.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off a bit. Getting tired of this kind of thing from HT - e.g. if you're gonna represent a character, REPRESENT. Same BS w. Black Panther who spent a good bit of screen time without mask.

I'd rather have the extra head than the hammer breaking which is only onscreen a few minutes. But it's easier and cheaper to do an extra hand/hammer than a sculpt.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off a bit. Getting tired of this kind of thing from HT - e.g. if you're gonna represent a character, REPRESENT. Same BS w. Black Panther who spent a good bit of screen time without mask.

I'd rather have the extra head than the hammer breaking which is only onscreen a few minutes. But it's easier and cheaper to do an extra hand/hammer than a sculpt.

See I would rather have the hammer breaking hand, since that is such an iconic moment from the film. To each his own. :dunno

"Furthermore, Hot Toys will be including bonus accessories for this collectible figure that will certainly be a delight for fans after seeing the film. Stay tuned with us to find out what they are very soon!"

So what is the bonus they're referring to? Can it be a second head?

Tempted to pre-order, but still hoping for a second head/version...

A second head would be awesome! :rock

They really should have done a deluxe version with an additional hair down sculpt. There's certainly enough chatter about it and they're aware it's wanted. I think the fire and axe will be the only bonus accessories and maybe if this is a hit HT will do an exclusive version with the torn suit and long rooted hair as they did with the battle damaged armored Batman v2 but I'm not holding my breath.

Just ordered, finally got to use one of my fall coupons.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thorgettable?

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Back