1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey (Resistance Outfit Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought he looked good too. I've thought all along that it looks enough like Hammil. Maybe the only nit would be to make his hair a little fuller, so it's not the windswept look, but just has a little more body. Otherwise it's a nice overall figure. The hand is great!

I agree. There's something about seeing these figures in real life that really changes your opinion of them. They just look so damn good. Of course, sometimes the opposite is true as well.

Yeah it wouldn't be the first time I bought a figure I didn't need simply because of how cool and amazingly detailed it looked. :p

Have to admit this figure doesn't do much for me since it has so little screen time but saw it at NYCC today and the little details are nice.

Yeah, I was skipping this, but seeing it live changed my mind. Would have liked to meet you TonTon - wish I could have gone today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder since EP VIII is supposed to take place exactly where TFA left off, will this outfit be featured for a while in the film. In ESB, Leia had the Hoth gear for most of the film and AOTC Padme had at least three or four different outfits. Still debating if I should get this :dunno

I wonder since EP VIII is supposed to take place exactly where TFA left off, will this outfit be featured for a while in the film. In ESB, Leia had the Hoth gear for most of the film and AOTC Padme had at least three or four different outfits. Still debating if I should get this :dunno

Been wondering the same. I actually like this outfit better than the main one, but couldn't pass up the set with BB-8 and all the accessories. And you would have to think the Ep. 8 head sculpt would look even better with a second crack at it. Have Hot Toys ever released the same character in the same outfit but from two different movies?

Edit: Just remembered the upcoming Vision and rebreather Batman figures. But are those for sure going to get released, I wonder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm just gonna wait for the Episode 8 version of Rey. Right now, this outfit had about as much screen time as Luke's Yavin outfit. While I like the look, it doesn't have enough screen time to warrant a purchase from me. If Episode 8 starts right after TFA, then she might still be wearing this, and Hot Toys may give us a better version of it, with Episode 8 specific accessories.

I'm just gonna wait for the Episode 8 version of Rey. Right now, this outfit had about as much screen time as Luke's Yavin outfit. While I like the look, it doesn't have enough screen time to warrant a purchase from me. If Episode 8 starts right after TFA, then she might still be wearing this, and Hot Toys may give us a better version of it, with Episode 8 specific accessories.

Smart man.

Yeah, I was skipping this, but seeing it live changed my mind. Would have liked to meet you TonTon - wish I could have gone today!

Did you only go Thursday too? That was the only day I could get tickets as everything else had sold out.

This was only my second time going to NYCC, first time was maybe a decade ago. I had a lot of fun and was my first experience going since collecting Sixth scale so it was great seeing all those on display.

I was saying to Lu in another thread that we should have a SSF meet up next year, but now it might be hard for me to go next year. I went with a really good friend of mine, huge Star Wars fan who couldn't wait for Rogue One and I took him to the SS booth to see the Erso and Rey PFs. I just found out last night that he passed away late Thursday night/Friday morning, so suddenly the idea of NYCC next year is really hard to imagine.

Sorry to bring the thread down, just a really rough day. Cherish your moments with your loved ones, Freaks.

I went with a really good friend of mine, huge Star Wars fan who couldn't wait for Rogue One and I took him to the SS booth to see the Erso and Rey PFs. I just found out last night that he passed away late Thursday night/Friday morning....

Oh my god, I'm so sorry, TonTon. The same day you took him to the show? Man, that's hard. But at least he had a great last day. Really shocking how some people just go. Unexpected and with no warning. I had a close friend pass away the very morning we were all supposed to fly out and meet up in Las Vegas for a crazy weekend.

Makes you wonder how much of your life you really want to waste here revisiting minuscule details of someone's else's movie from 40 years ago.

Did you only go Thursday too? That was the only day I could get tickets as everything else had sold out.

This was only my second time going to NYCC, first time was maybe a decade ago. I had a lot of fun and was my first experience going since collecting Sixth scale so it was great seeing all those on display.

I was saying to Lu in another thread that we should have a SSF meet up next year, but now it might be hard for me to go next year. I went with a really good friend of mine, huge Star Wars fan who couldn't wait for Rogue One and I took him to the SS booth to see the Erso and Rey PFs. I just found out last night that he passed away late Thursday night/Friday morning, so suddenly the idea of NYCC next year is really hard to imagine.

Sorry to bring the thread down, just a really rough day. Cherish your moments with your loved ones, Freaks.

I'm very sorry to hear that TonTon! I can't believe it happened so quickly! Was your friend sick? I agree that at least you guys got a great last day together. I'm very sorry.

I'm very sorry to hear that TonTon! I can't believe it happened so quickly! Was your friend sick? I agree that at least you guys got a great last day together. I'm very sorry.
Thanks, Lu. He had struggled with depression and addiction but was doing better the past 5-6 years.

Oh my god, I'm so sorry, TonTon. The same day you took him to the show? Man, that's hard. But at least he had a great last day. Really shocking how some people just go. Unexpected and with no warning. I had a close friend pass away the very morning we were all supposed to fly out and meet up in Las Vegas for a crazy weekend.

Makes you wonder how much of your life you really want to waste here revisiting minuscule details of someone's else's movie from 40 years ago.

:lol too true.

Yeah it was later that night after we went our separate ways. Definitely had a great last day, something he'd been looking forward to for a while, just took a wrong turn later that night.

And sorry about your friend, Wor. I remember listening to an interview with Phillip Roth talking about how the loss of friends isn't something society prepares you for quite as well as loss of family, doesn't fall under the perceived natural order of things--ie, older generation goes before, etc.

So sorry to hear that sir ...
Sorry for your loss, TonTon. Sending positive vibes your way.
:duff Thanks, fellas.

To get the thread back on track, here's one last shot of Rey from SDCC.

DSC_0225.jpg

Back