1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's looking good. I've got a $20 coupon that I haven't used yet. Might put it towards this, the final product shots of R2 are the good too though.

I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. I'm still getting a Jeff Bridges vibe. And he Looks way to angry IMO.

Same here. I'll give it time, and a few more shots, to grow on me but old Luke's not quite there yet.

So, with this Luke and also R2 pics turning up on the web, both figures should be available in HK very soon.

I'm just not sure. I want an "Old" Luke but I may wait for the Last Jedi. For 230, this one is super light on accessories.

In looking at pics of Luke next to this fig, this sculpt is actually quite good - the issues overall seem to be that Hamill looks pretty haggard these days (and as Luke even more so) and he's also pretty broad in the face, whereas this sculpt seems less haggard and has a leaner (and maybe a bit more idealized/handsome) face. But they did a great job on the actual facial details.

Given that he only appears in the one scene, I can see how some have a bit of an issue with the figure's expression. Because in the movie he seems more pained/sad/troubled - and maybe a bit surprised/confused by Rey - yet the sculpt does seem more determined or "angry." It's a similar issue people had with the SSC Vader/Anakin reveal headsculpt - angry Uncle Fester instead of crotchety "go my son!" guy.

But I'd probably rather have this expression on a TFA Luke fig than the pained look he had in the scene.

In looking at pics of Luke next to this fig, this sculpt is actually quite good - the issues overall seem to be that Hamill looks pretty haggard these days (and as Luke even more so) and he's also pretty broad in the face, whereas this sculpt seems less haggard and has a leaner (and maybe a bit more idealized/handsome) face. But they did a great job on the actual facial details.

Given that he only appears in the one scene, I can see how some have a bit of an issue with the figure's expression. Because in the movie he seems more pained/sad/troubled - and maybe a bit surprised/confused by Rey - yet the sculpt does seem more determined or "angry." It's a similar issue people had with the SSC Vader/Anakin reveal headsculpt - angry Uncle Fester instead of crotchety "go my son!" guy.

But I'd probably rather have this expression on a TFA Luke fig than the pained look he had in the scene.
The sculpt does remind me more of TLJ trailer, but a good sculpt none the less. Knowing HT, they'll probably just reuse this HS for next Luke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I thought this release was taking longer because they were improving the headsculpt? it looks exactly the same to me, I still see Jeff Bridges... I really hope TLJ sculpt is better.
HT is really having a hard time getting Hamills likeness right. :(

I'm not seeing Hamill at all...the only likeness I can see is it's a figure of a human.

I'm not seeing Hamill at all...the only likeness I can see is it's a figure of a human.

Yea I'm struggling with this one a bit too. I don't know if it's the forehead or flatness of the hair but something is throwing this off for me. He may be going hood up in my display.

Overall I think it looks pretty good. I can see the likeness. For the hair, like it was mentioned it would be hard to get that look in the movie into a sculpt. Hopefully they rework it a bit though for the TLJ version(s).

I'm waiting for TLJ as I need a lightsaber with Luke. Surely he'll use one in the movie. Still a good looking figure here though.

I don't see what people are complaining about here, this is what hamill looks like in TFA except maybe slightly less rough. It's a great sculpt but I understand why some folks would pass and wait for TLJ at this point. Not me though, this goes on a shelf right next to old man Han.

Looks very off - too gaunt and the expression to angry. I am not seeing much of Hamill in there.

3166798dad24bf3f80fdedaf561cbf8f.jpg

iYBRaym.jpg

Yeah I thought the likeness was pretty iffy on the proto, but it seems to be completely missing now.

Time for Gregcustoms or someone to make a much better sculpt we can use for this.

It's basically lacking the "squinty" eyes from the one scene in TFA. I do see Hamill in the likeness and I'm excited to add this to my shelf...finally!

So you would prefer they made the sculpt of luke squinting into the sun?

What? I posted a comparison picture. Please use your brain. It's a bright picture that shows how is face isn't gaunt.

Here's some more for you.

MvwSn4y.jpg

bXAcaxK.jpg

NiefgWO.jpg

The sculpt is very bad.

Back