1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

What I don't get is how the face looks completely different from the ANH version!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

What I don't get is how the face looks completely different from the ANH version!

Because it has an articulated mouth which the ANH version does not have.

Curious to see James' in that same light but when the figure is dry. I fear he'll lighten up into that 'gold' fur color again.

But its a great effort and definitely improves what you have to work with. Personally, I'm not sure the original 'Chewblacca' is really any better. Face is closer to accurate but still way off, as is the dark fur color.

Yeah while the two figures are lightyears better than any previous custom we used to see, they're still pretty far off from the actual likeness unfortunately. And all the modding and futzing in the world can only improve them so much.

And of course even when HT might make progress with the prototype, there's no guarantee that what we finally get will look even half as good.

TFA chewie's colouring and mouth reminds me of this guy!

image.jpg

I haven't even glued the fur back down yet, but, slowly with futzing, and once I can find the proper fabric pen, there "may" be some hope after all:

8c0c49e4c4a20184d84af63bfb2cbabc.jpg
8331f53fa41c637ea68b0266bb4963d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ It's not looking bad at all as a work in progress (especially if you imagine a dark/black stache in there,) but it looks like the mouth needs to be more prominent. Currently he's looking like when people don't have their dentures in and the mouth kind of goes concave.

Gotta say I do like having Chewie in my collection even though he is far from perfection. Liking the Chewie mod...you are a brave man.

Chewy's nose looks like it's been attached or fitted too high, shouldn't the top of it start under the eyes?
Is it part of the underlying headsculpt or can it be lowered to shorten the drop of the moustache?
Left = original shot. Right = altered in photoshop.
HT TFA CHEWY photomod.jpg
I raised the mouth upwards and lowered the nose downwards.

My Chewie has his nose set slightly lower that some others I have seen. I think it's hit or miss with what you get. I still hoping HT make a replacement head but I think this is very doubtful.
IMG_0062.jpg

Yours actually looks pretty decent - you've put in a lot of effort and achieved a good looking Chewbacca.
I know you've only just received it, but don't forget to pull those 3 hair prongs down below his chin to lengthen the face or jawline.
It's like an upturned trident of hair...
IMG_0062.jpg

^^ It's not looking bad at all as a work in progress (especially if you imagine a dark/black stache in there,) but it looks like the mouth needs to be more prominent. Currently he's looking like when people don't have their dentures in and the mouth kind of goes concave.

Agreed, completely. I'm making notes, and one of the next steps is to bring the mouth - jaw forward a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. That trident pic is very handy!! That's a job for tomorrow as I need to get some sleep!

here's my Chewie, having owned ANH Chewie I can say that I'm quite happy with this one, I like the fur color on this one better even though it's still a bit off but I guess it just comes down to personal prefference. In the last 3 pics it looks like he's got a lazy eye but thats my fault, i didnt fix the fur when i placed him to take those pics in different lighting, I will be displaying him in a detolf to avoid geeting dust on his fur.

Chewy's nose looks like it's been attached or fitted too high, shouldn't the top of it start under the eyes?
Is it part of the underlying headsculpt or can it be lowered to shorten the drop of the moustache?
Left = original shot. Right = altered in photoshop.
View attachment 328376

That literally makes the world of difference! That is insane!

here's my Chewie, having owned ANH Chewie I can say that I'm quite happy with this one, I like the fur color on this one better even though it's still a bit off but I guess it just comes down to personal prefference. In the last 3 pics it looks like he's got a lazy eye but thats my fault, i didnt fix the fur when i placed him to take those pics in different lighting, I will be displaying him in a detolf to avoid geeting dust on his fur.

Wow, yours looks awesome! No modding?

Back