1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Congrats on Han, jal76!

Good to know about the cylinders. I've been putting it off because I've been dreading having to wrestle with them!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I was able to see a bud's Han & Chewie 2-pack that had just arrived and I have to say that there are definitely some variations on how the Chewie sculpt has come out. I've seen some "Alf" looking ones in this thread and yet my bud's Chewie, while not great, was definitely better than what I was expecting.

I don't plan on picking up the set (unless it goes on drastic sale) but I wouldn't have minded if it looked like his.

Congrats on Han, jal76!

Good to know about the cylinders. I've been putting it off because I've been dreading having to wrestle with them!

Thanks!!!!

Do you cut more than the fur? The way mattman made it sound is that there was just access fur he kinda took off, but if Im understanding you right you also need to cut the fabric and etc? It looks great though, did you paint the muzzle area with the black, or is that underneath the fur?

Seems like a great conversation for the new thread!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ewbacca-custom-modifications.html#post9231171

Just copied this to the custom thread...

Last edited:

Great collection, Matrix! THAT is exactly what I want someday, and all from HT.

All you need is the Stormie Han and you’ll have the whole set!

Just got email from popcultcha saying release date is pushed to end of June, is sideshow delayed at all?

I had zero issues putting in those silver things in the pockets in either jacket.

They were tight but not nearly anything to cry about

Great display Matrix!

I had zero issues putting in those silver things in the pockets in either jacket.

They were tight but not nearly anything to cry about

Strangely easy right? I am guessing that maybe there was an issue with some of the jackets but this was not the norm...they popped right in.

Left to right, start from the bottom = no issues, less than a minute.

Yeah, I got a back-up jacket and they went in easily. The first jacket I had one cartridge would just get stuck on something half-way through the opening. Sounds like most don't have any issues--maybe it was the initial Hong Kong release that were more problematic?

No issues with my cylinders either. The only slot that took a slight bit of effort was the one closest to his arm, but the entire process took no more than 10 minutes, if even that.

I was browsing my LCS the other day to see what they were given from SSC for HT and saw that they had displayed the dual pack of TFA Han and Chewie, which means I got to see the Chewie figure in hand for the first time.

Bill-Lumberg-Uh-Yeah-Office-Space.gif

...was all I had to say.

Yep...I saw Chewie in person for the first time at Celebration and had to assume that the one on display was the pick of the litter and...queue the Office Space Gif...

This is super old, but looking at this are Chewbacca's eyes even blue. In the prototype they were, but they look black here. I hope its just the photo because the really bothers me.

No they're not blue, but they aren't as close together as the ANH one so it doesn't look crosseyed like that one sometimes does. They may have more of a gloss to them too which makes hem a bit more lifelike. Not sure how they screwed that up to be honest.

Do you cut more than the fur? The way mattman made it sound is that there was just access fur he kinda took off, but if Im understanding you right you also need to cut the fabric and etc? It looks great though, did you paint the muzzle area with the black, or is that underneath the fur?

Answered in the other Chewie thread in the SW custom section.

Yep...I saw Chewie in person for the first time at Celebration and had to assume that the one on display was the pick of the litter and...queue the Office Space Gif...

Yep. Witnessed the monstrosity with my own eyes in person. Wasn't an impressive figure at all.

seen people have got good and bad one's with Chewbacca , just watched a review by bobby skullface and his copy looks pretty good but seen pics where the face is all messed up as well as seeing the feedback and pics in this thread i'm dreading what mines going to look like , I have the 2 pack on order really looking forward to old han solo , chewy not so much now

one of the things that's a bit irksome about the TFA Chewy is that the proto pics - which look pretty good - are still being widely used to sell a fig that looks nothing like it.

Back