1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all thanks for all the advice!

I'm going to wait to see how this claim with USPS goes before I take it back to ebay. There is a 30 day guarantee from ebay so if it gets close to that with no resolution from USPS then I'll open a claim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I will say, as a courtesy to the seller, I would mention that it's something he might be staring down the barrel of in a few weeks if USPS doesn't cooperate. The longer you wait to let him know the more uneasy the whole thing will be.

I thought the deal was $212 or something like that -- plus I got another 10% off that because I opened an account.

Whatever it was, I paid $196.33 shipped.

Nearly 37% cheaper than retail price I paid at SS...pretty much well worth all the wait.

Hey Guys!

My first post here...so I am obsessed with Dark Side ANI.

I got him as a pre-order.

My only issue is that when I turn on the droid base, with fresh batteries, the entire thing lights up and does the strobing effect. After a while the droids blue eyes turn off, then part of the base lights start to fade, then the entire thing turns off all together, probably over about 5 minutes.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Ted

Strobe is intended lave effect. I wouldn’t know about the blue lights turning off after 5 minutes since I only leave my electronic features on for 30 sec or so. Get my thats-pretty-damn-cool on, then turn off and take the batteries out. Plus HT is known for their cheap batteries that don’t last long.

Either its an auto-shut-off... or the batteries are dying.

Is there a choice of steady-on and strobe-effect for the lights? I just assumed it glowed, didn't know it strobed.

Either its an auto-shut-off... or the batteries are dying.

Is there a choice of steady-on and strobe-effect for the lights? I just assumed it glowed, didn't know it strobed.

When turned on they light up, dim slightly then start flickering from what I noticed.

I wouldn't worry just yet. It seems we are quite a few buyers getting this message from australian post tracking service. Got a shipment update from PC on the 14th, french postal tracking confirmed dropped/collected at origin point on the 17th and nothing for the last three days. Pretty confident it'll be updated shortly. Not gonna expect a surprise delivery before Xmas eve but i'd be happy to have Anakin turning up before the new year.

Hey Guys!

My first post here...so I am obsessed with Dark Side ANI.

I got him as a pre-order.

My only issue is that when I turn on the droid base, with fresh batteries, the entire thing lights up and does the strobing effect. After a while the droids blue eyes turn off, then part of the base lights start to fade, then the entire thing turns off all together, probably over about 5 minutes.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Ted

Have you changed the batteries? I pulled my base out and put some i thought were new batteries in and it did the same thing after about 2 minutes. Replaced the the batteries and it's been over ten minutes and it's still going.

HT suffers often from faulty connections nearly as much as bad batteries.

Speaking of batteries... is this shipping with batteries pre-installed or are they all out of the figure & base?

Not going to be able to open mine for a while so just wondering.

My shipment still shows enroute to USA. It's been 5 days should I worry yet?

I wouldn't worry. I think 7-14 days is normal assuming it's just standard international shipping and not EMS, which they charge more for and is quicker. They can get held up by customs too. That said, the shipping even with that slower version often would be just as fast or faster than shipping from Sideshow was.

I usually just check on the USPS site for tracking by the way, I'm not positive the Aussie tracking always keeps working when it hits the states.

Back