1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get to pre-order the pickup only for this since I wasn't sure if my brother was going to SDCC this year. He finally confirmed that he will be going, but the pre-order sold out before then. Hopefully, he will be able to pick one up on Sunday after 1:30 which is the time Sideshow designated to be when they open the rest of their stock to the rest of the attendees.

I found this rather cool, given this Ani situation. Super7 toys had planned to release a "laughing prince Adam" based on he-man and the viral video of Adam singing 4 non blonds "what's going on".

Demand was overwhelming and lots of people wrote to them expressing displeasure with the limited release.

Super7 responds to the situation by saying starting this Monday and for one week, they are putting the figure up for everyone to pre-order and will make enough to fulfill all those who want one. That was a pretty kick ass thing to do, esp in the light of people last week selling the "exclusive" for $200+ for a $35 figure.

received_10210009187499964.jpg

Just got my customer paint from Thomas Terbanc. I think someone on here asked me to post when it was done. He killed it. It's the perfect version I wanted.

View attachment 416293

Just got my customer paint from Thomas Terbanc. I think someone on here asked me to post when it was done. He killed it. It's the perfect version I wanted.
Much appreciated, brother. Thrilled you're happy. Now I can't wait to see a few pics of the figure lol. Should be pretty epic. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh man, this figure is looking real good but don’t know if I’m willing to risk it not being a second batch... I have one now at $330 shipped. What do you think guys? Wait or take it?

Oh man, this figure is looking real good but don’t know if I’m willing to risk it not being a second batch... I have one now at $330 shipped. What do you think guys? Wait or take it?

Take it. Flip it for more. Buy from the 2nd batch.

That "reddish" probably due to the lightning reflection from the red tone background.

But hey that $22 painted Sith eyes still a steal! For my SW collection this Sith version is a must, one as a Jedi Knight, one as a fallen Sith lord

if you look at the pic its the paint itself. The red ring around the iris is too much. But maybe the final product will look better. Bottom line, for those that want this and are able to get it cool. For those who aren't able to get it, there are talented painters out there who can do up the eyes for you.

Attachments

• star-wars-episode-3-revenge-of-the-sith-anakin-evil-mhn1ralhv5hpxivkwa2n6dv8gfotj3aqws3h56wgs8.jpg
    star-wars-episode-3-revenge-of-the-sith-anakin-evil-mhn1ralhv5hpxivkwa2n6dv8gfotj3aqws3h56wgs8.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 35924305_10155569885117344_3827007132809560064_o.jpg
    35924305_10155569885117344_3827007132809560064_o.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 153
View attachment 416293

Looks great. Did he only do the eyes or is this a full repaint? It looks like the area under the eyes has been darkened up. Is the only difference with these the eye color, and no new/extra accessories? I generally prefer to have official packaging, but if I can't get one after ComicCon I'll just have my spare Anakin repainted and rehaired.

if you look at the pic its the paint itself. The red ring around the iris is too much. But maybe the final product will look better. Bottom line, for those that want this and are able to get it cool. For those who aren't able to get it, there are talented painters out there who can do up the eyes for you.

Looks fine to me under normal lighting:

Looks awesome man! I got mine done very similar to that from frost vision studios. Love it.

Right??!! These are phenomenal! There are some really talented people out there! Yours looks really great, I saw when you posted the comparison pics the other day. So much nicer than buying a $400 scalper version on eBay for the same thing.

Looks great. Did he only do the eyes or is this a full repaint? It looks like the area under the eyes has been darkened up. Is the only difference with these the eye color, and no new/extra accessories? I generally prefer to have official packaging, but if I can't get one after ComicCon I'll just have my spare Anakin repainted and rehaired.

Hi Nexus. As far as the figure as a whole, the comicon exclusive, I believe the only difference is a slight sith paint up on the eye area, and a new stand for the figure.

As far as mine, T-Squared did the eyes and a little shading under the eyes and around that area, but not a full repaint. I think the key for this to turn out looking good is subtlety. So he did the eyes and added some amazing accent paint (under the eyes and around that area) and if you compare it to actual photos from Ep 3, it's pretty much dead on. The eyes don't look menacing enough without some darkness around the eyes. Hope that explanation makes sense!

Right??!! These are phenomenal! There are some really talented people out there! Yours looks really great, I saw when you posted the comparison pics the other day. So much nicer than buying a $400 scalper version on eBay for the same thing.

That’s the better route to go. It’s probably cheaper than trying to buy a parted out HT Sith eyes sculpt, or getting this figure at an astronomical price then trying to get a parted out regular HT sculpt.

Though if it were myself, I’d probably just wait for a KO sculpt on OSK at $30. I’d have the regular Anakin figure and a Sith eyes sculpt for roughly the same price as this Sith version figure.

Back