1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love the eyes on this piece! Not sure why all the debate.

I don’t really think anything is being debated per se about the figure itself. It’s the exact same figure and sculpt. Only difference is one sculpt is painted to be scene specific, the other isn’t. Take your pick.

If there is anything to be debated, it’s HT’s decision to make this an entirely separate release that’s way overpriced basically just based on a repainted sculpt, or to have simply included it already with the current figure and just have made the price of the current figure maybe $10 more.

This is the Anakin I wanted since he’s meant for my sith collection. Now I feel dumb for preordering the regular at ssc lol.

I would just cancel and try for this one even though I feel its way overpriced, but yeah the nrd.. ugh.

Oh well, hopefully I can get lucky and score the headsculpt down the line. I think it looks fantastic!

Originally I passed on the non-sith version because I had a feeling this one would be made at some point, because like everyone says it's easy money for them... While I do agree it should have been one figure with 2 sculpts, I actually ended up ordering the original the other day to pair him with Dooku in my display... By pair, I mean i'm going to remove the Count's hands and put him at the mercy of Anakin.

If I end up getting this one too, he will of course be fighting for high-ground with Obi. So I actually want both full figures.

Last edited:
I had previously stated that I think the most prudent way to go would be is that if you’re able to secure this figure, get this one (since it’s the exact same outfit wise) and then acquire a parted out regular sculpt, since those will likely be more in abundance and easier to get than the Sith eyes one. Though I’m sure the regular sculpt will still be expensive, just not as expensive as the Sith eyes sculpt.

However, if you go the route of getting this figure and a parted out regular sculpt, you’re likely going to be spending over $300. If one already has the regular figure in hand or on PO and you have an interest in a Sith eyes sculpt as well (and the Mustafar droid dio base is irrelevant to you), I’d just stick with the regular version and then wait for a place like OSK to potentially, and very likely, offer a bootleg Sith eyes sculpt. The paint apps are usually only slightly less in quality than HT, but otherwise, it’s essentially a carbon copy of whatever the HT sculpt is, and they usually run about $30. Going that route, you’d end up paying about what the price of this figure is, and you’ll have two sculpts.

Should have been a DX with all that comes with both figures and a fancy box. Maybe a couple other throw ins. Jack Sparrow DX was $265, that would have been fair enough. But that's not what happened because hot toys gonna hot toys and sideshow gonna sideshow.

If I get the opportunity I'll probably snag one but I'm glad it's not a figure that I'm desperate to own.

Should have been a DX with all that comes with both figures and a fancy box. Maybe a couple other throw ins. Jack Sparrow DX was $265, that would have been fair enough. But that's not what happened because hot toys gonna hot toys and sideshow gonna sideshow.

If I get the opportunity I'll probably snag one but I'm glad it's not a figure that I'm desperate to own.

6f58f54c0e20c24ce79d0827c7877f65.gif

Agree. Deluxe version would of been the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think they’ve only done that one time where they did a two pack of basically the same figure (DX07). Most times when they do a two pack now it’s for two different characters.

Of course if they did release one Anakin with both of these sculpts, the angry topic of the moment would be how lazy they are for giving us the same sculpt painted slightly differently with one figure.

I think they’ve only done that one time where they did a two pack of basically the same figure (DX07). Most times when they do a two pack now it’s for two different characters.

To be clear I didn't mean two bodies and outfits, that would run the price much higher. Just both head sculpts.

As for folks complaining about two identical sculpts with differently painted eyes, I guess you can't please everyone. But I think most people would be happier with a higher priced DX release than where we are now.

I don’t know why people always go on about DX to be honest. It’s not like they’re the only figures with more sculpts/accessories and the line is basically abandoned.

I don’t know why people always go on about DX to be honest. It’s not like they’re the only figures with more sculpts/accessories and the line is basically abandoned.

Because DX figures are always fully loaded. With more care put into them along with a fantastic presentation. And not dead, maybe you missed the DX 15 a couple months ago?

I'm thinking of getting a friend to preorder this and pick it up at SDCC on my behalf. How long do you reckon the lines will be for it? I don't want to set him up for a crazy wait, that would be a terrible thing to do to someone who's doing me a favor!

The price is actually not that bad for an exclusive. Maybe I’ll wait if thy don’t sell enough at SDCC, they might put some up for online after

I'm thinking of getting a friend to preorder this and pick it up at SDCC on my behalf. How long do you reckon the lines will be for it? I don't want to set him up for a crazy wait, that would be a terrible thing to do to someone who's doing me a favor!

I haven't been to SDCC, but the two Star Wars Celebration's I've been to there's never really been a line at the Sideshow Booth. Frankly, I think it's because there just aren't that many people who are going to line up to buy a big ticket item like that at the con itself. The Hasbro and Funko booths on the other hand are always insane.

It looks like you already have it covered, but if you do decide to get it make sure it's ordered under your friends name. Spoke to chat the other day and it has to be the same person that picks it up on the order.

I know Sideshow’s getting a lot of deserved hate for this, but they were really cool about transferring my NRD for regular Anakin amd I’ll be able to get this one through a friend attending the show. I’m pretty excited about it.

You are certainly not doing Sideshow any favors by posting that. No good deed goes unpunished...

Because DX figures are always fully loaded. With more care put into them along with a fantastic presentation. And not dead, maybe you missed the DX 15 a couple months ago?
I didn’t miss the DX15 but that was like the first one in what three or four years? I don’t think there’s that much more put into the DX than with other figures. PERS and maybe a fancier than average box. Plenty of other figures have had just as good of presentation and accessories that were just regular MMS releases.

Armored batman battle damaged was a con only exclusive. Still there.

Blue bust batman prime 1 was a con exclusive last year then extras were put up on website.

I hope this anakin sells out at con. I don’t want the temptation if it becomes shippable later.

Plus I’ll just wait for a custom thread to pick up the sith head on this forum [emoji6]

I’d imagine anyone picking this up for somebody else would want a proper compensation for lugging around an extra shoebox size package around the con and amongst their carry-ons/luggage, along with all their other purchases and swag. Plus I don’t think $265 is too much considering Obi-Wan’s price. Unfortunately these higher prices seem to be their new base price for HT SW figures. Getting pricier every year! :(

Back