1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally saw the movie today. I loved it, so now I'm really tempted to get the figure. :lol I wish they'd make one of Tilda, though.

They already teased a pic of the ancient one figure. Head was obscured, but I'm sure it will be coming. The pic is earlier in this thread.

Hate to be that guy but I might pass on this figure since I really like the costume he had on at the very end. It could be what he wears in that other movie as well as Infinity War. I love the colors on it.

Hate to be that guy but I might pass on this figure since I really like the costume he had on at the very end. It could be what he wears in that other movie as well as Infinity War. I love the colors on it.
I don't remember what it looked like. Wish someone has a comparison pic lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This has almost certainly been posted, but if they're making the ancient one, they're probably gonna make kaecilius right? His eyes look awesome. I hope at least a custom head is offered, otherwise ill just get on to making my own.

CuohQd1UkAA63fW.jpg

Thought this was interesting.

14963137_993559504103077_4151265587713138483_n.jpg

Teaser pic and picture of the end scene outfit

Nice, i'm waiting for mine to ship from amazon.

AWESOME! How did you get it so early? I see it on Amazon for 11/22. How about some more pics of the inside? :wink1:

Congrats poseidon :clap I'd love to see some pics of the contents as well :dance

Thanks guys! I was wandering around our local book store and i suddenly saw a few of these on the self. Not even in its supposed section. After comparing the price with the one 1 had on po from amazon, i grab em. And canceled the amazon one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember what it looked like. Wish someone has a comparison pic lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

a0112f681cf16ab308b85549173211aa.jpg

The tunic is basically a totally different stitching pattern. The old one has more of a vertical pattern while the new one has more horizontal patterns. His crotchal region doesn't have the part of the tunic opened up anymore. I dunno what else to call that part of the costume. XD Lower tunic? But yeah that part is now closed on the newer costume.

Different, and more colorful forearm bands and he's got much more red on the belt and sash. Oh, and of course his watch. XD

a0112f681cf16ab308b85549173211aa.jpg

The tunic is basically a totally different stitching pattern. The old one has more of a vertical pattern while the new one has more horizontal patterns. His crotchal region doesn't have the part of the tunic opened up anymore. I dunno what else to call that part of the costume. XD Lower tunic? But yeah that part is now closed on the newer costume.

Different, and more colorful forearm bands and he's got much more red on the belt and sash. Oh, and of course his watch. XD

Wow thanks. Yes, the second seems to have a more "armor" look in comparison to the plain clothes of the original.
Going to stick with the original. He looks more like a magician than the second one.

The cape is different too and even the Eye is shaped differently (more rounded than egg shaped). Very subtle differences, but still quite different. Plus those Yellow gloves would be another feature. At least right now it doesn't appear the current figure's hands are very scarred. I know they are there, but are its very faint.

The cape is different too and even the Eye is shaped differently (more rounded than egg shaped). Very subtle differences, but still quite different. Plus those Yellow gloves would be another feature. At least right now it doesn't appear the current figure's hands are very scarred. I know they are there, but are its very faint.

It is unfair to compare the Eye in those two photos, as they are from different angles and there is much distortion. I think the difference in shape is due to this. As for the cape, it does look different, however, again, I think this is because in the left picture it is an actual costume piece on set and in the right picture, it really looks to me like the cape was added to the picture as a CG element, like it is in much of the movie.

It is unfair to compare the Eye in those two photos, as they are from different angles and there is much distortion. I think the difference in shape is due to this. As for the cape, it does look different, however, again, I think this is because in the left picture it is an actual costume piece on set and in the right picture, it really looks to me like the cape was added to the picture as a CG element, like it is in much of the movie.
Agree with this analysis.

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk

It's fair to bring up the angle and lens isssues as that's often the cause. But in this case I think that may not be the case. There's some structural elements that's changed, looking at the pattern on the inside of the eye.

This type of stuff with costumes happens a lot though. It's usually minor changes, 'nothing this extensive. But it does happen. It's why a lot of merchandising waits till a film is finished and that's usually not done till right before the film is in theaters (a couple weeks usually). Can't expect figures to be accurate and out when a figure hits theaters. To often things change.

9429b96edfd8d359ac874bdf58a10f9b.jpg

Intended for use with the shf printing method for 1/12 scale. Still can't get that likeness quite right, he's got a very tricky face

looks good so far. well done. agree bout his face. id say his cheek bones are little to pronounced in your render imo

looks good so far. well done. agree bout his face. id say his cheek bones are little to pronounced in your render imo
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah the cheekbones are especially tricky because if I piff them out too much his whole face gets thrown off. They may also just appear that way bc the tear streak things I put on

Fantastic work :clap

You should start an interest list in the customs section or even just a custom Kaecilius thread :lecture
Thanks! I've barely started 3d sculpting as a whole, and the eyes are all just painted (as in, textured from an image) on the sculpt to get an idea of how it looks. Although the 3d colour printing tech IS getting better and better...

By the way as I haven't seen the film yet, and fx often changes between the trailers and the film, what are his eyes meant to be in the film? As in, are the purple bits meant to be exposed muscle, or some sort of galaxy effect like I've depicted on the sculpt? No spoilers please 😆

Thanks! I've barely started 3d sculpting as a whole, and the eyes are all just painted (as in, textured from an image) on the sculpt to get an idea of how it looks. Although the 3d colour printing tech IS getting better and better...
Well you're doing great work so far but if you want tips and advice as well as feedback I think you're better off creating a thread in the customs section, this is for discussion of the Doctor Strange figure :lecture

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forum21/

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forum56/

By the way as I haven't seen the film yet, and fx often changes between the trailers and the film, what are his eyes meant to be in the film? As in, are the purple bits meant to be exposed muscle, or some sort of galaxy effect like I've depicted on the sculpt? No spoilers please ��

His eyes are textured much the same as the promo photos

Back