1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gods, you have no idea how badly I want a Mads Mikkelsen HT ... :pray:

You're in luck. Although it's not Hot Toys:

8.jpg

Funny how you say that coz Tumblr is filled with loads of hate towards this movie because of Ben which to me was totally baffling and unbelievable when I found out but yeah ...

Funny you say that cause all I saw was absolute excitement for Ben but loads of hate towards Tilda Swinton being The Ancient One, which isn't surprising cause....tumblr. But I didn't see any hate towards Ben. Interesting.

You're in luck. Although it's not Hot Toys:
View attachment 295837
Yeah, I've seen this one. :) I'd want a HT though.

Funny you say that cause all I saw was absolute excitement for Ben but loads of hate towards Tilda Swinton being The Ancient One, which isn't surprising cause....tumblr. But I didn't see any hate towards Ben. Interesting.
Seriously, I really thought that the only gripe people had with the movie was the whitewashing blabla until I saw loads of Ben hate on my dash which looked like this here:
CtoWKw7VYAEbkWT_zpsycvvrrim.jpg

I talked to some fans and they told me that there's lots of hate towards him coz seemingly some idiots think he's too 'ugly'. XD Like lol what?! That's fangirls for you though.

But yeah, I hope that movie is ****ing brilliant and Ben rocks it. :lol

I remember seeing hate towards Ben when he was first cast, people were mad because he was white, and they wanted other actors for the role, but then I think Tilda Swinton was cast/announced and the hate sort of shifted and all that was left were the Cucumberbatch fans :lol

I REALLY wanted Pedro pascal. I think cumberbatch has been in too
Muxh lately. Anyway, he's a fine actor though

Yeah, I've seen this one. :) I'd want a HT though.

Seriously, I really thought that the only gripe people had with the movie was the whitewashing blabla until I saw loads of Ben hate on my dash which looked like this here:
CtoWKw7VYAEbkWT_zpsycvvrrim.jpg

I talked to some fans and they told me that there's lots of hate towards him coz seemingly some idiots think he's too 'ugly'. XD Like lol what?! That's fangirls for you though.

But yeah, I hope that movie is ****ing brilliant and Ben rocks it. :lol

OHHH I saw some hate cause he was too ugly and not cause he was white and all that but I did totally see a **** ton of hate for Finn Jones when he was cast as Iron Fist. THAT was a cluster****. Well, that was all over the place including Tumblr.

People don't realize that Cumberbatch was tagged for this role WAY back. They delayed the movie for a good while because they specifically were waiting for his availability to play Strange, and rightfully so. He's RDJ/Ryan Reynolds/JK Simmons level of casting in appearance and he's got acting chops for days, he'll knock it out of the park. Tumbler's gonna SJW all over anything and everything they can, let them stew in their own angst, they have to find a problem in everything to feel relevant; I'll be enjoying a great actor play a great character.

Well said! :) I'll enjoy watching him rock that role like we all know he will.

And then I'm gonna make sure to post a lot of photos of my HT Strange on Tumblr cherishing its beauty. :D

Yeah, admittedly I would've loved to see Pedro Pascal in the role, but at the end of the day if I enjoy the movie I don't care who's playing the role :lol

Pedro Pascal? So that's why some over at Tumblr think Ben is too ugly, huh? ^^
Well, in this case I gotta say Pedro is too handsome. You don't want sexy for Strange, you want arrogance and a face that tells you he can totally back it up coz he has the knowledge and power.
Seriously, Pedro is nice but I don't see him as Sorcerer Supreme, don't even know how people think of Strange and go "oh hell, Pedro Pascal!" ^^ Now, Ben on the other hand ... that's RDJ level casting, that's damn perfect. *___*

I can't believe we still have to wait so long to get this figure. The movie is out in less than a month but the release of the figure is still so far away ... ;__; haaa~ I hate the waiting game.

:lol It's funny you say you don't want sexy for Strange, because I'm sure the Benadryl Cabbagepatch fangirls would disagree with the idea of him not being sexy :lol I just feel like Pedro Pascal has the look of Strange without needing to add in all of the makeup, facial hair, greying hair, etc to make Benedict look like Strange. But like I said as long as the movie is enjoyable I don't really care who got the role, this is my first introduction to Strange so hopefully it's good :)

Well there's a difference. Sure, the Cumberbitches (I'm sorry, that's how they're called!) consider Ben sexy and he is but in a much more unorthodox way. He's got character and he's funny and an amazing actor (plus there's the voice), that's what his fans find sexy about him. Pedro Pascal has a handsome face and gives of a sexy vibe, something which I really don't see coming from Strange. That one's got the Sherlock or Dr. House kinda charme and arrogance.

Ben attic Cucumberhead is the best choice. I honestly don't really care for him much... but he has sold me on his role as The Sorcerer Supreme.

I can already see people making custom dioramas d the Sanctum Santorum. Making custom cases for the Cloak of Levitation and the Book of Vishanti. We even got a new pic of the Wand of Watoomb yesterday.

Tumbler's gonna SJW all over anything and everything they can, let them stew in their own angst, they have to find a problem in everything to feel relevant; I'll be enjoying a great actor play a great character.

Well said IMO:clap. And I hadn't even been planning to get DS re limited funds, space...but read an article from the costume designer on just how difficult the film costume was to do - and looks like HT is outdoing themselves w. this one. So time for some adjusting the PO list. :cool:

Back