1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Ant Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daredevil, Batman or Antman? Come on Ben, make up your mind already!

I think the lighting in the promo pics don't do the sculpt any favors, but in the secret base pics it looks really good and a lot like Rudd

chest too flat, legs too short.
i already got the original version, this one is a easy pass!!!

ant 1.jpg
ant 2.jpg
ant 3.jpg
ant 4.jpg

Looks cool, it's crazy how this is up for PO and the original has not been released for all us retailers. Many are still waiting for the original lol. That why I don't PO anymore HT unless it's a diehard must buy or super exclusive item lol. Now I have to pick one definitive Ant-Man, after the new movie I will decide.

I honestly think that's one of HT's best sculpts in awhile... I would have liked the smirk on this one too, but it's not a deal breaker... I see Rudd more than I see Affleck. If this was an Affleck sculpt, people would be bitching that it looked too much like Rudd.

This may grow on me but for now I'm glad I got the original release and didn't specifically wait for this one. I AM happy HT did away with the painted-on abdominal muscles, the thing I really dislike about the first figure. I can see both Rudd and Affleck in the HS and think Rudd's face is thinner.

I also like the HS and helmet combo we got in the original suit...of course I'm not a fan of Captain America without his helmet either.

Did not expect to wake up to this preorder at all.

That being said, I have the original Ant-Man and it is FAR superior to this version.
Even down to the head sculpt. Easy pass here, and my wallet is relieved, lol.

This may grow on me but for now I'm glad I got the original release and didn't specifically wait for this one. I AM happy HT did away with the painted-on abdominal muscles...the thing I really dislike about the first figure. I can see both Rudd and Affleck in the HS and think Rudd's face is thinner.

That airbrushing effect made the suit stand out on the original, IMO.
This one looks like teflon. Just a "blah" suit re-design.

It looks like Rudd, the melancholy expressions just makes him appear more as Affleck. Mainly because that is the main expression we've been exposed to Affleck make for the past 2 years or whenever he went full Batman mode.

I definitely like the first suit better than this one now that we have better angles and such. Plus the face-only sculpt looks more accurate than this one.

Man, I was really looking forward to getting a Paul Rudd head sculpt...not Ben Affleck 20 years ago. Another example of HT smoothing out someone's age and not even the right person. It's time they started looking for new sculptors; people who don't think all Westerners look alike. Huge disappointment.

Back