1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultimate Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be great if you could do that. I really can't tell,lol

Amazon still has the ETA of next week so I'm still stuck here waiting.

I posted these in the Ultron Prime thread in reply to you, though you might have missed it.

Left is Ultimate, Prime is on the right (second photo's brightness/contrast has been edited to hell to help emphasize the difference between the designs).

AapF6yp.jpg

YmQbo0C.jpg

I posted this in the Ultron Prime thread but felt it's also appropriate to bring it up here:
It's interesting to note that some versions of Ultimate Ultron in the art book depicts him as having his mouth and eye areas glowing the same way as he does in the comics. The more I think about it, the more I wish they just went and made Ultimate Ultron's face straight-up based on his traditional comic visage.

I think it would have made sense in terms of how Ultron was essentially deprived of the final form he had wanted for himself. Ultron clearly designed his Ultron Prime form to be more humanoid, with his intended final form being practically a full-on android (Vision's body). When his plans were compromised, he obviously had to take a more literal approach in terms of upgrading his Prime form (applying vibranium coating), and I feel that reverting it to the classic visage would have communicated that desperation on his part as it gives off a really robust vibe to the design like the Mark I, in stark contrast to the majestic form of Ultron Prime.

I think it would have made the confrontation between Vision and Ultron even more visually-captivating, as the contrast between the impressionistic/rough-cut visage of Ultimate Ultron and the more humanoid/refined design of Vision would have served to really emphasize what Ultron had lost through the creation of Vision.

Again, I LOVE Ultron Prime's design and I didn't mind how Ultimate Ultron looked, but I just kinda wished they differentiated it more from Ultron Prime to really set them apart as it would have made the differences all the more noticeable.

Those look awesome... the ones with the melty parts must have been what lego based their ultimate ultron design on.

new art just strengthens my decision to get this and Prime. Any sentry art in that book?

I won't lie, I'm a bit lazy to post the Sentry artworks (unless you really want me to?). A lot of them are REALLY rough and basic in design, and mostly they either look like watered down versions of Prime, or really simple versions of the final design we got. It's worth noting that they seemed to have designed Ultron Prime first, while basing the Sentries on Prime and simplifying his design. Funnily enough the main image they used for the Ultron Sentry section is still the one with the long antennae, so I guess they really changed that waaaay late into the production.

I won't lie, I'm a bit lazy to post the Sentry artworks (unless you really want me to?). A lot of them are REALLY rough and basic in design, and mostly they either look like watered down versions of Prime, or really simple versions of the final design we got. It's worth noting that they seemed to have designed Ultron Prime first, while basing the Sentries on Prime and simplifying his design. Funnily enough the main image they used for the Ultron Sentry section is still the one with the long antennae, so I guess they really changed that waaaay late during the production.

I really want you to do it

Oh boy... I'll post them in the Ultron Sentry thread once I finish taking photos. :lol

Oh boy... I'll post them in the Ultron Sentry thread once I finish taking photos. :lol

Now that you've given into the terrorist demands, you realize they're gonna start asking you to post ALL of the concept artwork for every single character in each thread, right? :lol

Back