1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man: Yellowjacket Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Howard mention anything bout YJ in his interview?

Disappointing as I love the design and look, but guess I'll have to wait for Wasp to fill the gap between my two Ant Mans

You can also fill that gap with your third Ant-man, as the Director already said he will have yet another upgraded suit....

Another big disappoint. I was really excited for this figure when we saw the prototype. I understand there are logistics and a ton of reasons why figures don't make it out of a certain stage of development, but they need to not tease us with something and then never deliver the goods. They're a company, and I get it, sometimes stuff happens, just hopefully they figure this all out about whether or not it's feasible to release said figure BEFORE showing it to the public.

I just think it boils down to Hot Toys not having faith in the villain figures selling (sans Loki).

Figures like Mandarin and Thanos come to mind as ones that did not sell well for some reason…
so maybe that makes them gun shy about more of these one-off characters (Crossbones and Yellow Jacket).

I just think it boils down to Hot Toys not having faith in the villain figures selling (sans Loki).

Figures like Mandarin and Thanos come to mind as ones that did not sell well for some reason…
so maybe that makes them gun shy about more of these one-off characters (Crossbones and Yellow Jacket).

They need to be realistic about edition sizes for villians. Don't be greedy expecting to sell giant edition sizes of every single figure.

Thanos sold out though, but Mandarin and Ultron have been lasting forever. I really hope that's not the case with YJ, regarding not distributing because of possible low sales. It was a great looking figure and I think regardless of how people felt of the movie character, they would have still bought the figure due to it's commanding presence on a shelf.

Mandarin not selling out is completely understandable to me. It's not like he would look good next IM. Ultron, looks great next IM and or WM. I'm surprised they produced the Mandarin at all.

Meanwhile, you might like this Stormtrooper with a porcelain pattern design....:lol

Thanos sold out though, but Mandarin and Ultron have been lasting forever. I really hope that's not the case with YJ, regarding not distributing because of possible low sales. It was a great looking figure and I think regardless of how people felt of the movie character, they would have still bought the figure due to it's commanding presence on a shelf.

I don't know if thanos sold out or if sideshow dumped them at a loss to other distributors. You can find thanos for less than retail. $382 at bigbadtoystore.

The problem with Mandarin was what they did to him in the movie. It killed a lot of enthusiasm for the character. Ultron was also underwhelming and I think most people are waiting for the IW Thanos.

However, I think a villain like YellowJacket would sell well because of his appearance. Same with Kaecilius. I want HT to paint those eyes

The problem with Mandarin was what they did to him in the movie. It killed a lot of enthusiasm for the character. Ultron was also underwhelming and I think most people are waiting for the IW Thanos.

However, I think a villain like YellowJacket would sell well because of his appearance. Same with Kaecilius. I want HT to paint those eyes

I'd say Kaecilius was much more underwhelming/forgettable than Ultron I'm afraid

Of them all I think Ronan would have been a better seller, had they ever made one. IDK how Red Skull did when he came out but presume he sold pretty well.

Of them all I think Ronan would have been a better seller, had they ever made one. IDK how Red Skull did when he came out but presume he sold pretty well.

I just glanced through the red skull thread, he wasn't hard to track down in 2012. Many people who did buy him bought 2.

I don't think Ronan would be a must have for me but it's mainly because I have about $200 I can blow in a month and with what is coming out in the next couple of years, this figure would not make the cut.

Back in the day, nearly all the hot toys stuff sold out pretty quickly. It still happens with some figures now, but many are easily available years after release. You can still get avengers 2 figs and probably below retail, same for some of the iron men.

Back in the day, nearly all the hot toys stuff sold out pretty quickly. It still happens with some figures now, but many are easily available years after release. You can still get avengers 2 figs and probably below retail, same for some of the iron men.

That's cause the market is saturated and the casual fan has moved on either due to less interest or not interested in buying multiples of the same character, or rising costs. And scalpers are more weary since they don't sell out quick and command high prices on the secondary market anymore, other than maybe a few exclusives here and there... That's all a good thing for the actual collectors, but bad in that HT also takes less chances on figures they might be afraid to make. Such as Yellowjacket. Hell, look what happened to the TFA Troopers. They totally over estimated demand and made WAY too many. Sideshow can't even get rid of them even by offering a buy one get one free!!

I thought Yellowjacket looked cooler than Ant-Man!!

Back