1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain ...

The fans of Harlock must be excited for this great looking figure. I'll be passing on this one unfortunately... Mainly cause I've never heard of him :p. But I can see the potential already with that awesome, but expensive, throne.

.. Now if HT only made vampire hunter D figures.

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harl

Sorry for the long post below, which should have gone to the Kei thread, but I think I will leave that thread alone for now until there is an official announcement or a coming soon picture...

Here's how I am reading the tea leaves on Kei:

1) Out of all the main characters in the film, only 3 are from the original comic and anime: Harlock, Kei and Mimay. Now Mimay has the alien super slim body and frame that HT has to make a whole new body for it. It is not logical to create a unique body for a figure for just one time. That leaves only Harlock and Kei.
2) In the original announcement back in 2010, HT choose the picture of Harlock and Kei standing together. That implies that they are making not one but two figures.
3) Square Enix, who created the film, released Harlock and Kei only in its own Play Arts Kai action figure series. So they know that those 2 will sell the most in Japan, if not elsewhere. It's hard to imagine HT will let Square Enix corner the market on Kei
4) HT has the tendency to number figures from the same movie together (most of the time, anyway). But they don't release them for preorder in sequence (let alone making them available to their customers in any logical sequence whatsoever). My point is they will not be releasing Kei next week as MMS 224. Why? If they want to release her so soon after Harlock, they would have already featured her in that same monthly figure magazine in Japan that we first saw the scans and the prices in Yen.
5) So, when will they be releasing Kei? Well, the next issue of that Japanese figure magazine will be out around the end of November, which coincidentally is also around the release date of Harlock movie in Hong Kong - November 28, a Thursday. So, if the next figure HT releases next week carries the number MMS 225, then we have much higher chance of confirming a Kei is coming...

Good theory.... however MMS 224 and 225 are both Thor(s)

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harl

".. Now if HT only made vampire hunter D figures."

That would indeed be epic. Can you imagine D and his horse from Medicom or Hot Toys? Siiigghhhh...

Good theory.... however MMS 224 and 225 are both Thor(s)

I know, :dunno but remember, MMS 188 is Selina Kyle and MMS 189 is Hulk. Also Mark IV is MMS 123 and Mark VI is MMS 132. So the trend doesn't always hold, especially for smaller licenses. The key is the news will come from Japan first.

koaz.jpg

56ws.jpg

vnol.jpg

owpt.jpg

d7pg.jpg

f9bw.jpg

I love the new body they developed for Harlock. I would love to see it used for more "anime" style characters. I'm loving the Throne, it's totally worth buying. The detail on the back is nuts. It would be pretty awesome if Kei came with a steering wheel..

That's probably one of HTs best looking figures yet. Damn!!

I saw this on FB and had no idea it was coming. Looks amazing and I want it bad but I'm not dumping $400+ on a figure.

If it were 200-300 I think I'd buy it in a heartbeat though.

I wasn't expecting HT to cover this at all, it looks amazing, I preordered it as soon as I saw it.

I hope they're gonna do this character, because it looks amazing (& it already looks like a doll in CG!)
457.jpg

1) Out of all the main characters in the film, only 3 are from the original comic and anime: Harlock, Kei and Mimay. Now Mimay has the alien super slim body and frame that HT has to make a whole new body for it. It is not logical to create a unique body for a figure for just one time. That leaves only Harlock and Kei.

you sure? The character on the pic above was in the anime, only way different:
3613-1537805642.jpg

you sure? The character on the pic above was in the anime, only way different:

You may be right, but I think they changed his character name. Either way, he suffers the same problem that Mimay has - They have to make a unique body for his body shape which HT is unlikely to do.

Kei, on the other hand, her character design shares a lot of the same components as Selina Kyle in TDKR. So HT should have an easier time making, I think.

Last edited:

Harlock is just badass... I can't believe this is coming out. Here's hoping we get Kei.

If you want the figure without the chair, it is about $250. If your fix requires the chair, yeah, then you are screwed.

I guess. It's just that I don't really care for figures, I only bought the 89 batman and joker because I'm a huge fan but now that SSC has announced the PF I probably will get rid of them.

If this were a statue I would have ordered it right away.

Looking at the specs and the pictures again (for the 1865th time), am I the only one who finds it very strange and odd that he doesn't come with a pair of fists?

P.S. Where the heck is Kei!? Come on HT!

somewhere on youtube, someone actually posted like the first 10 minutes of the movie....though not in HQ it was good enough...really makes you anxious to see the whole thing when it does get released in the states.

Man... might be changing my mind on this guy. The more I look at it the more I like it.

Went ahead and got one PO'd for under 200 bucks thanks to some Black Friday deals. It's not my favorite incarnation of Harlock, but it's a damn fine figure regardless. It will probably end up being fairly rare too and I doubt they will do another haha.

Back