1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be the angle... I think those are actually part of the nano boosters located on his backside. Not entirely sure though

I don't think so. You can see the upper and lower part beyond him. It's definitely part of his forearm.

I don't know what it is about the word "prototype" that people never seem to grasp on here. :lol
The figure needs some tweeks, that is for sure, but I'd say at this point there is almost no chance it won't be screen accurate for the final product. At least it better be for the investment.

Anyway... If the article from ew.com that accompanies that cover is anything to go by, it appears that Marvel has dropped the "Mark 50" designation for this armor and are actually going with "Bleeding Edge"... Seems fitting, though I could care less at this point. At least people will shut up about that name now. :wink1:

https://ew.com/movies/2018/03/08/avengers-infinity-war-iron-man-armor-robert-downey-jr/

I'm kinda hoping it was just ew's writer taking liberties and assuming it's going to be called that like so many fan boys for the past ~6 years, but I don't think they have a reputation for stuff like that.

I don't know what it is about the word "prototype" that people never seem to grasp on here. :lol
The figure needs some tweeks, that is for sure, but I'd say at this point there is almost no chance it won't be screen accurate for the final product. At least it better be for the investment.

Anyway... If the article from ew.com that accompanies that cover is anything to go by, it appears that Marvel has dropped the "Mark 50" designation for this armor and are actually going with "Bleeding Edge"... Seems fitting, though I could care less at this point. At least people will shut up about that name now. :wink1:

https://ew.com/movies/2018/03/08/avengers-infinity-war-iron-man-armor-robert-downey-jr/

I'm kinda hoping it was just ew's writer taking liberties and assuming it's going to be called that like so many fan boys for the past ~6 years, but I don't think they have a reputation for stuff like that.

Many armors from the movies, specifically from IM3, have names but that doesn't mean they drop the Mark designation. If anything, this will be known as MK50 - Bleeding Edge, just as MK33 - Silver Centurion, MK17 Heart Breaker... and so on.

And as far as "prototype", that generally means the design/final look can change. HT very rarely adds more accessories after it's revealed. They have teased that additional things will be included though, and have surprised us at times too, but that's an awfully expensive price tag to hope they include more swag. No other toy offering has shown those forearm attachments either, so who knows..

They did add weapons to War Machine MKIII that were not part of the original design when it went up for PO so i would think they would do the same here.

my wishful thinking is that there are more accessories for this figure but Hot Toys are not allowed to reveal them until the movie is out. hence the high price point.

my wishful thinking is that there are more accessories for this figure but Hot Toys are not allowed to reveal them until the movie is out. hence the high price point.

I doubt whatever additional accessories they include will justify the outrageous $407 price tag...unless that accessory is an extra Tony Stark civilian figure.

TB2NAWtbHSYBuNjSspfXXcZCpXa_!!1730014621.jpg

A slightly different look at those back thrusters.

Back