1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ht has set this new pricing structure- it's IW and they can gouge all they want as they see this as the peak of the Marvel movies and possibly peak popularity- so it's now or never for them. Maybe they have seen the sales starting to dip in their lines and are going for one huge cash grab before it all collapses

I don’t really think this is a new price structure. Seems pretty in line with the history of the company.

Thr mk6 original was 209. The mk7 was 250 and the mk42 was 309. The 43 was 350. This one is 400. Seem to go up 40-50 bucks every two or three years.

Last edited:
Same, its got me thinking about cancelling the rest of my preorders. If I'm not going to keep collecting, then why even bother with any of them anymore.
Just cancelled my Killmonger preorder. Gotta think about the other 2 I have ordered.

I know it’s not the same scale or result but thank god there is still Mezco, Figuarts, Mafex, etc as far as capturing film accuracy in a figure yes those prices are a pain but at least they are somewhat affordable to collect...somewhat

To think less than 4 years ago I was paying $305 for the diecast Iron Patriot......

No more diecast for this collector. Scares to me think what they're going to charge for figures like Cap now

I know it’s not the same scale or result but thank god there is still Mezco, Figuarts, Mafex, etc as far as capturing film accuracy in a figure yes those prices are a pain but at least they are somewhat affordable to collect...somewhat

Yea I hear ya, I never got into other figure lines though. It was just Hot Toys and then a Funko figure here and there just for fun. I think at the end of the day the only thing I'll end up getting is the Art of the Movie books for these movies. Unless Amazon starts jacking the price up on those too :lol

The sad thing is I’m sure there are customizers that can probably make their own version of IW IM with the LEDs like this at half the cost of this HT version :lecture

Yeah for sure.. but I'd bet they'd charge more for the service.. probably on par with what a real one costs.

Priced out.

**** like this just makes me want to quit 1/6 all together. And to think I was excited about this figure 3 hours ago. I'm all in on the SHF Avengers now. They look fantastic and they have the added benefit of not needing to worry if I'll tear open the suit.

Lets be honest though, back when die-cast Iron Man jumped from around $305 I think for the Mark III to mid 300s for the 43 and War Machine and I think then Mk II and V, we all joked they would one day hit $400, and it we were all serious about it amongst the laughing. The VI and IV getting even closer to 400 pretty much sealed that it would happen.

Just like Simpsons predicting President Trump, we were right... :exactly:

If I think more about it..this might be the opening for third party companies to start getting in on these franchises to get the HT collector. Yes the quality might be a downgrade, but some could invest into the technology that HT has acquired for a cheaper price.

I’m sure there are companies right now watching these inflated HT pricing and are scheming to take our business..so hang onto your seats folks, I think a change is coming this year in 1/6 collecting :lol

So this is looks very similar to the previous figures but they just added fins and 2 arm cannons its getting hard to tell them apart.

Maybe if they made them radical different were they would really stand apart on the shelf but they look so similar it hard to justify having basically the same figure plus or minus the accessories

This price will force me to institute a new rule for myself. I'll only buy Marvel villain figures only.

That way I only have to buy a figure once every three years.

So this is looks very similar to the previous figures but they just added fins and 2 arm cannons its getting hard to tell them apart.

Maybe if they made them radical different were they would really stand apart on the shelf but they look so similar it hard to justify having basically the same figure plus or minus the accessories

And individual LEDs like the Hulkbuster..that’s the selling point with this armor version

Yeah anticipation of that horrific price tag is the main reason I've been hoarding rewards points forever.

Like others it won't help with international shipping/taxes, but it'd cut the cash paid down to less than $100, and help draw the line on the 1/6 scale Marvel group.

This price will force me to institute a new rule for myself. I'll only buy Marvel villain figures only.

That way I only have to buy a figure once every three years.

Damn, savage. You right though. Hot Toys be sleeping on villains. Heck, I'm surprised we even got Helya.

That price is pretty damn high... I expected it to be more than 47, but not by $52... Oh well. I love the way it looks and planned to order it, so I did.
After A4 we probably won't be seeing Iron Man much, if at all anymore anyway.

I've been holding back on a lot of figures I've wanted in anticipation for this movie, and It looks like I was right to do so.

Wow that is expensive!

I wasn't interested anyways. But man that's too much for that. Maybe if it had a unique base and maybe some other pieces (thinking of stuff like the Ultron torsos) but still. Wow.
I am only interested in a WM and maybe I won't buy even that. I'm trying to save for a wedding for collecting may have to stop at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I think more about it..this might be the opening for third party companies to start getting in on these franchises to get the HT collector. Yes the quality might be a downgrade, but some could invest into the technology that HT has acquired for a cheaper price.

I’m sure there are companies right now watching these inflated HT pricing and are scheming to take our business..so hang onto your seats folks, I think a change is coming this year in 1/6 collecting :lol

Highly doubtful.

Just look at Sideshow. Their prices are closing in on Hot Toys (and at some point, exceeding), without matching the overall quality.

Licensing and production costs alone will keep anyone from coming close to being a real competitor.

Back