1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I have liked it to be included in my already ordered figure, sure.

But I am very happy it’s a accessory set and not a separate figure, because the sideshow rep I kept asking about it yesterday was very adamant about hot toys telling them it was a whole new figure order to come, And not a accessory set. So I’m relived tbh.

And while I’m not thrilled about sideshows inflates cost of the iron man, I wouldn’t mind accessory packs and dioramas in the future as long as individual figures still get a decent amount of love in that dept still.

Could be. There are so many of these things it’s hard to keep it all straight

This is a recent post on Hot Toys official Weibo. Translated with google translate, so I can't vouche for it's accuracy. But it sounds to me like this is intended to be a separate set.

View attachment 418585

I'm in either way because I love this armor, but I gotta say i'm gonna be bummed if this isn't included:

ezgif-2-3573d90a4b.gif

I would have definitively displayed it with this stuff.

I know I’m eagerly awaiting the powder!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would I have liked it to be included in my already ordered figure, sure.

But I am very happy it’s a accessory set and not a separate figure, because the sideshow rep I kept asking about it yesterday was very adamant about hot toys telling them it was a whole new figure order to come, And not a accessory set. So I’m relived tbh.

And while I’m not thrilled about sideshows inflates cost of the iron man, I wouldn’t mind accessory packs and dioramas in the future as long as individual figures still get a decent amount of love in that dept still.

I think they must have got a ton of people asking, calling, emailing, texting etc about this because the very 1st thing they talked about on that live stream was the accessory set.

Went ahead and ordered the mk50 since this is an accessorie set and not a whole new figure.

From where? Bbts went from plenty to sold out. What happened?!

SDCC gets people excited, as demonstrated above... BBTS doesnt keep an open order, they have 1 month to submit numbers to SS, and thats it, so if they had 10 people pre order, and ordered a few more from sideshow, say 20 total, thats all theyll be guaranteed from SS

SDCC gets people excited, as demonstrated above... BBTS doesnt keep an open order, they have 1 month to submit numbers to SS, and thats it, so if they had 10 people pre order, and ordered a few more from sideshow, say 20 total, thats all theyll be guaranteed from SS

That's what I figured. I could go with SS directly but I live in CA and I hear the shipping is a RIP + paying tax? I'll just wait to see if other vendors get more in or if someone cancels. Not sure why they would with the NRD. I'm sure someone will get some in somewhere.

Anyone order from SS and lives in CA, experience?

That's what I figured. I could go with SS directly but I live in CA and I hear the shipping is a RIP + paying tax? I'll just wait to see if other vendors get more in or if someone cancels. Not sure why they would with the NRD. I'm sure someone will get some in somewhere.

Didn't BBTS require a deposit for this as well? Correct me if I'm wrong but I did recall seeing that. If it's non-refundable, that I'm not sure. Even if it was, I guess the $4 flat rate shipping still beats SS.

I order everything from my local comic shop (Comics Conspiracy in Sunnyvale) as I get much better prices than directly through SS. I only buy exclusives directly from SS. The shipping charges that SS charges California residents is ridiculous and frankly insulting. Also their customer service has declined in the last few years.

If a local shop isn’t an option, I’d buy from BBTS or internationally. I’m not sure when the new internet tax laws kick in, and how that works with eBay or International orders. 🤷*♂️

I order everything from my local comic shop (Comics Conspiracy in Sunnyvale) as I get much better prices than directly through SS. I only buy exclusives directly from SS. The shipping charges that SS charges California residents is ridiculous and frankly insulting. Also their customer service has declined in the last few years.

If a local shop isn’t an option, I’d buy from BBTS or internationally. I’m not sure when the new internet tax laws kick in, and how that works with eBay or International orders. 🤷*♂️

Sunnyvale CA? I'm in Monterey. Wondering if I could order through them? You pay up front or when it comes in. Or does he order for you because you're a good loyal customer.

Sunnyvale CA? I'm in Monterey. Wondering if I could order through them? You pay up front or when it comes in. Or does he order for you because you're a good loyal customer.

Call and ask for Ryan (the owner). I think he asks for payment (or a deposit) up front for new customers, but you’ll have to ask him. I’ve been buying from him for 10+ years and probably 200+ figures. Tell him Bill sent you from the Sideshow forums. [emoji12]

Didn't BBTS require a deposit for this as well? Correct me if I'm wrong but I did recall seeing that. If it's non-refundable, that I'm not sure. Even if it was, I guess the $4 flat rate shipping still beats SS.

Ya it was somewhere around $80 NRD. I guess they'll get more in along with their preorders.

I order everything from my local comic shop (***) as I get much better prices than directly through SS. I only buy exclusives directly from SS. The shipping charges that SS charges California residents is ridiculous and frankly insulting. Also their customer service has declined in the last few years.

If a local shop isn’t an option, I’d buy from BBTS or internationally. I’m not sure when the new internet tax laws kick in, and how that works with eBay or International orders. ��*♂️

just and FYI, I dont think your local shop would appreciate you posting their name and claiming they cut you deals, Sideshow might have a problem with that and they monitor these boards

I'm in the bay area, I go through BBTS for anything except SS exclusives. They did require a NRD for the Mk50 though, so I think that'll definitely slow down cancellations. You could keep an eye on it though.

SS shipping + CA tax is ridiculous. Turned my $360 exclusive Mk6 into roughly $410 purchase. And that's without it being double-boxed.

Yeah with the new tax laws coming to online retail you'll be paying tax no matter where you buy from

just and FYI, I dont think your local shop would appreciate you posting their name and claiming they cut you deals, Sideshow might have a problem with that and they monitor these boards

Why would they have a problem? Does SS have a fixed retail price that resellers can’t sell under? Is that even legal?

And yes, my shop does appreciate me posting their info, I texted the owner that he might get a call from a guy on the forums already. The only thing he says to me is not to negotiate prices on his behalf, which I’d never do anyway. He’s happy that I am an ambassador for his shop online.

Back