1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think it’d be an awesome display to have 3 Mark Ls with different setups from the accessories pack next to each other.

Just saw this on Facebook ha

616a2b8baf3e0e9d9e0a690c3d0a96cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was someone here with about 15 Lokis… it's also a thing for people to buy multiple figures of the better Arnie Terminator figs. (helped by the fact a couple of them have genuinely different options available for different parts of the movie)

Well, I am glad Justin got it to review... easily made me cancel my order for it.

And if I am being honest, I received the Mark 50 from Sideshow yesterday, and I am really underwhelmed.
Those hip gaps are horrible compared to previous diecast IM and the whole figure feels "cheaper" in comparison
to any of the diecast armors that I own (Mark 4, 5, 6, 43, 46, 47, 46 Concept).

Hopefully the Mark 7 will be back up to par. I may pass on ordering the Mark 85 at this point, as well.

Before I preorder MK 85 i have to watch first some review. After what HT did with legs gaps with MK 50 im not shure about the final quality of mass production version od MK 85. At the moment i dont like the giraffe neck. Too short legs are not a problem.

That shield looks so cheap. Like McDonalds happy meal accessories for the Mark 50 were released.

Agree, that accessory pack is hot pile of turd. Using rewards to get it for nothing so that softens the blow, painful being a completist on a Cracker Jack prize level release like this. I look to Lando for sage words. Few things iron man disappoint me with Hot Toys and this be one of them.

opv787f7za011.jpg

I wonder whether the base can balance the weight of the diecast figure over a longer period of time. Based on the picture, the base looks small so I am afraid that it might topple if I posed it like that since it might be too front heavy.

Yes it can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing SS will send you a leg. They're usually fast to respond with a solution. Send them some pictures and or video and consider it resolved. A hassle and puts a damper on the experience of getting a new figure.

Keep us posted.

Sometimes they just offer a nominal refund first, which is annoying. I don’t want a $30 refund and to keep a broken figure. [emoji51]

Displays2go

The case is great in person. Makes you feel like you have a museum display rocking.

I know. I tweek positions for all my figures until I feel they hit the perfect pose. Spider-man has been a little frustrating, especially with that costume. Eventually I will find a good pose for him.

That pose would look cool if Spidey was climbing up a wall, but it looks odd horizontal.

Diecast wouldn't make sense for most of the accessories with the exception of the foot clamps. The arm joints aren't strong enough to handle the weight. A diecast foot thrusters would be too heavy for a flight pose. The main issue with the accessories is the relatively cheap paint job - the gold (primarily on the shield) and blue/white parts look especially bad.

Diecast wouldn't make sense for most of the accessories with the exception of the foot clamps. The arm joints aren't strong enough to handle the weight. A diecast foot thrusters would be too heavy for a flight pose. The main issue with the accessories is the relatively cheap paint job - the gold (primarily on the shield) and blue/white parts look especially bad.

Exactly ... I don’t understand the uproar about them not being diecast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back