1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a photo of someone getting a Sideshow email for payment today, which likely means shipping early next week. This is the first batch similar to Dr. Strange, Thanos, and Black Panther. Only Thanos has a second batch coming soon as far as I've seen in forums. Who knows when all of Mark L will start to reach the masses.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

There's a photo of someone getting a Sideshow email for payment today, which likely means shipping early next week. This is the first batch similar to Dr. Strange, Thanos, and Black Panther. Only Thanos has a second batch coming soon as far as I've seen in forums. Who knows when all of Mark L will start to reach the masses.

i checked here, reddit and a random forum pretty much every day i didn’t see anything you sure it was for IW Iron Man?

and is it true that there’s no rhyme or reason to how sideshow fulfills preorders? i was under the assumption they shipped according to order of pre-order but heard that’s not the case

i checked here, reddit and a random forum pretty much every day i didn’t see anything you sure it was for IW Iron Man?

and is it true that there’s no rhyme or reason to how sideshow fulfills preorders? i was under the assumption they shipped according to order of pre-order but heard that’s not the case
Posted on a FB group.

No one really knows how SS decides how to ship things out. Likely something to do with when pre-ordered and where the customer is located.
da9670a3f1e5a31260edea947d09ed7d.jpg

I really like the armour in the film but I'm just not feeling it in 1/6. The transition from waist/abdominal area to upper torso looks odd to me.

I couldn't agree more. That cut in his abdomen is very annoying because it's just so blatant. Hot Toys didn't even try to make the seam integrated into the suit design...just a lazy straight cut.

From AOU (Mark 45) onward I decided I was gonna collect every movie Diecast version of Iron Man released, but that lazy design/engineering with the midsection seam is so unsightly I think this is gonna be the first Iron Man figure I pass on!

Posted on a FB group.

No one really knows how SS decides how to ship things out. Likely something to do with when pre-ordered and where the customer is located.
da9670a3f1e5a31260edea947d09ed7d.jpg

extremely jealous.

i feel like Justin’s comparison video made the 50 look like one of the best figures we’ve gotten. regardless of how you feel about the suit itself, this looks extremely accurate and very real to the screen

I really like the shape, color, and the fact that you can "hide" the seams on the shoulders.

I really like the armour in the film but I'm just not feeling it in 1/6. The transition from waist/abdominal area to upper torso looks odd to me.

I couldn't agree more. That cut in his abdomen is very annoying because it's just so blatant. Hot Toys didn't even try to make the seam integrated into the suit design...just a lazy straight cut.

From AOU (Mark 45) onward I decided I was gonna collect every movie Diecast version of Iron Man released, but that lazy design/engineering with the midsection seam is so unsightly I think this is gonna be the first Iron Man figure I pass on!

Agreed. I had no intention of getting this figure when it was first revealed, but it is very impressive in the recent videos...from the waist up. While I commend HT on their efforts to provide us with more flexibility, that cut looks unnatural - it should be more subtle/organic to the suit design. Between that and the leg/hip gaps, I'm passing. I'm not sure the Mark 85 will be substantially different in hand in these areas, but I'm willing to roll the dice on it. Maybe it's the different color pattern but my eyes aren't drawn to those hip gaps on the 85 like they are on this one.

I pre-ordered this this week. The videos look good. Not perfect mind you, but we are talking about minor concerns, at least for me. Similar to Hela, which had exposed shoulder joints and some off-color choices in the costume, it overall was a great figure, and should look amazing displayed.

The dolly players look at that cut and gleefully think Increased Articulation!

The dolly players look at that cut and gleefully think Increased Articulation!

It's a compromise we can live with. The precedence has already been set. I don't think HT wants another Diecast Ironman Mark 3 debacle. "Waist articulation or bust", is the message that HT received.

Agreed. I had no intention of getting this figure when it was first revealed, but it is very impressive in the recent videos...from the waist up. While I commend HT on their efforts to provide us with more flexibility, that cut looks unnatural - it should be more subtle/organic to the suit design. Between that and the leg/hip gaps, I'm passing. I'm not sure the Mark 85 will be substantially different in hand in these areas, but I'm willing to roll the dice on it. Maybe it's the different color pattern but my eyes aren't drawn to those hip gaps on the 85 like they are on this one.

just to play devils advocate...

nobody had issues with the hip gaps on the 50 until this week when the final photos and videos were shown

how can we be sure that won’t be the same for the 85?

just to play devils advocate...

nobody had issues with the hip gaps on the 50 until this week when the final photos and videos were shown

how can we be sure that won’t be the same for the 85?

I think the hip gaps are the same on the 85. Maybe it's the gold thighs (or maybe it's just me :lol), but for some reason they seem less prominent on the 85.

I think the hip gaps are the same on the 85. Maybe it's the gold thighs (or maybe it's just me :lol), but for some reason they seem less prominent on the 85.

true i could see the gold distracting from the placement.

i’m in the minority that don’t mind the gaps for the fact that it gives us a piece of mind knowing they won’t scratch the paint and we aren’t sacrificing articulation

i think once these get in the hands of people and they’re posed correctly they won’t be as much of an issue

at least i hope

64E4A2AB-3CA6-4E5D-B5EF-370CD4566DD9.jpeg

this is where i stand on my payment plan of this figure. am i all caught up in time for release?

is there any benefit (faster shipping) if i just pay off that final balance now?

or should i just leave it and hope it gets picked sooner rather than later

I have the shipping added on mine but no notice of shipping soon yet.

You can change it to "pay Now" but the final payment will not charge until it's in stock and ready to ship

I have the shipping added on mine but no notice of shipping soon yet.

You can change it to "pay Now" but the final payment will not charge until it's in stock and ready to ship

Yeah this one looks to be shipping soon. All of my preorders except this one have an option to put on payment plan. I figure they take that option away when it is close to processing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the website of Toy Origin (a Hot Toys retailer based in Canada), it says that the Mark 50 is expected to be available on April 30th.

Back