1/6 Hot Toys Exclusive - Star Wars - Shadow Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Wait for quieter times. Most Star Wars collectors are having a hard time choosing which PO to keep and which PO to let go. I guess EU troppers, even HT ones are not their focus right now.

This is a great addition to my collection. Love the glossy finish. I'm very partial to this suit because I own one. Looks amazing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427652399.602014.jpg
The arms seem to sit very naturally at his sides.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427652431.503216.jpg
Exactly 12" tall.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427652461.218051.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427652472.588419.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427652487.313193.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427652503.789397.jpg

Obviously a neck mod is in order for any potential reveal head otherwise there just nothing but giraffe neck.

I'm digging the look without the shoulder pauldron. I may have to remove mine for a bit. I gave mine the heavy blaster from the 2-pack which makes him all the more initimidating.

I suppose I could upload some pics.

Just did a quick Photoshop to the eyes. Hope you don't mind me using your pic JediJim.

I may try this out on the spare helmet I have. Do you think Id be better off stripping silver paint off or painting over it with high gloss black? I like this look. It's kind of Vaderesque.

Don't mind at all. Looks cool actually. I was thinking the lens area looks a little too unrealistic. I would try stripping off the silver first. It may be a case of flat black underneath or potentially still gloss black like the rest of the helmet. Not sure about what product you should use though. Perhaps alcohol first. Id be afraid to mess it up with thinner.

I do have some mirror tint that I used for my 1:1 helmet. I may be able to cut it small enough and glue it in somehow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427662381.187519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427662422.640070.jpg

The lens are a separate, one-piece plastic construction in the regular HT stormtrooper helmets and can be popped out with careful and persistent effort. If it's the same with the Shadow Trooper a swap would be relatively easy.

The lens are a separate, one-piece plastic construction in the regular HT stormtrooper helmets and can be popped out with careful and persistent effort. If it's the same with the Shadow Trooper a swap would be relatively easy.

Hmmm. I like the sound of that versus having to paint anything. Now I just need to buy another loose Stormie bucket.

I also like the mirrored finish per JediJim's comment. The silver on the Shadow Troop doesn't look bad at all, but it just doesn't look as realistic as the rest of him. I think the green lens swap to give it the black overall look is the direction I'll try. Thanks for the tip ZE.

Wow! I didn't even notice that. Awesome news. Now I can replace it with mirrored lenses easily.

I took apart my "no stripes" helmet to see what further could be done while weathering it. Took some snaps but either they got archived somewhere else or deleted because they're not on my phone.

Anyway, there's a cap, a brow strip, a one-piece lens component, and lower "snout" piece that all come apart.

The glue is pretty tight and the helmet pieces are additionally painted shut, so if you're not careful you'll wreck the paint if you do a full break-down. I only did that to see what my options for re-positioning or replacing the brow trim are.

That said, it's not too dangerous prying the lens component loose from the inside. Use a lot of caution of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good Drake.

Since I have Vader being flanked by 4 Stormies I couldn't use his base. I gave it to my Shadow Trooper and it actually looks pretty good. Also picked up another heavy blaster for him.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Ugh, after ordering the Spacetrooper, I want to go back and get this. Was it only available in a 2 pack or did they have singletons as well?

Ugh, after ordering the Spacetrooper, I want to go back and get this. Was it only available in a 2 pack or did they have singletons as well?

The Shadow Trooper is only available as a single figure. I just ordered one, still waiting for it to arrive though :impatient:

I had two of these but got rid of one. Thinking about getting rid of the other. I'm just not going to be able to collect the whole star wars line and if I can't do the whole thing, I may have to get rid of the extra trooper, my sideshow vader and dx07. Just having a few will not suffice. All or nothing!

Back