1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like Justin died and they bought his voice back as this weird AI that only picks up on the most extreme facets of the way he spoke - and just had someone else do the hands.

Over 3-4 years he's somehow evolved into a cartoon character that doesn't even sound like a real person.

It is crazy how ridiculous he sounds now. Not sure why he thinks he needs to do this fake persona and voice.

I think everything but the face looks great on this figure. The eyes are too large and close together. They would have been better off dropping the DX (not worthy imo) and went with sculpted eyes.

Justin used to review figures in the past, but now is just promoting them. I hardly remember him criticizing anything lately.
He was pretty critical of a Homelander figure recently but I don't watch his videos very often so I don't know if that was a rare occurrence.

And there we go, as soon as you have any kind of lighting on the sculpt all of the flaws come out. Potato head.

Mr. Potato Head doesn’t deserve that.

View attachment 588514

Although now that you mention it…

View attachment 588516

Screenshot_20220718-225930_Gallery.jpg

Compare that to the respect and engagement a guy like TK421 has for his subscribers. Also the guys covering Black Series and vintage collection, the ones I subscribe to are all sound.
900 subscribers vs 500k. Hmmm. Justin must be doing something right vs TK421 even if not to your taste. He may be formulaic but his subscriber base and approach give him access that smaller channels don’t have. Don’t be bitter. Show us how it’s done better with the same following he has achieved.

I think considering the accessories, esp the inclusion of that awesome dio base, this release gives quite a good overall value for the price actually.

And the HS surely can only improve from this point on, right? HT pls don't prove me wrong :pray:

Besides, there's no telling when we'll be seeing another Kenobi figure from HT; seems like Vader, Luke & Boba are always their go-to from the SW line.

It almost makes you wonder sometimes if they intentionally take missteps so they can "fix" them and then look like heroes for listening to feedback and working hard for us collectors.

It almost makes you wonder sometimes if they intentionally take missteps so they can "fix" them and then look like heroes for listening to feedback and working hard for us collectors.
Nothing beats good PR :rock

Or they’ll pull a TFA Luke and reserve the “good” headsculpt for a potential season 2 Ben.

Still swooning over those rocks dio; glad they didn't resort to using those printed cardboard backgrounds to recreate that OP kenobi scene.

I can foresee this kenobi to be a great centerpiece for any 1/6 SW collection. Switch him out with vader on that dio display and you'd get what is probably the coolest 1/6 Vader display available on the market right now :cool:

They made this subpar sculpt. Because people will buy this. Then they'll go and buy ROTS Kenobi for HS swap.

Back