1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the shipping notice on Feb 20th from KGH, and tracking says it's still in HongKong on Feb 27th....
WTH, man...

It can rest at HK for two weeks. Then, when your destination has a slot ready, it will go quick, say 2-3 days to have it in hand.

In my experience that hasn't been the case since the dark days of Covid. Parcels from OneSixthKit and Giantoy go into the system and start moving almost immediately, being delivered 7-9 days from the time the tracking number is raised. That's with the regular airmail option, using UBI or 4PX to facilitate the first part of the journey.

The problem seems to be KG Hobby, either being slow to get the parcels into the post or using some cheaper slower service.

I got the shipping notice on Feb 20th from KGH, and tracking says it's still in HongKong on Feb 27th....
WTH, man...
Is it shipping airmail or surface Mail by boat?
They seem to be using the boat for larger packages which is super slow. My Asmus Gandalf the White has been in transit for 43 days now with no updates for about 30 days.

In my experience that hasn't been the case since the dark days of Covid. Parcels from OneSixthKit and Giantoy go into the system and start moving almost immediately, being delivered 7-9 days from the time the tracking number is raised. That's with the regular airmail option, using UBI or 4PX to facilitate the first part of the journey.

The problem seems to be KG Hobby, either being slow to get the parcels into the post or using some cheaper slower service.
Is it shipping airmail or surface Mail by boat?
They seem to be using the boat for larger packages which is super slow. My Asmus Gandalf the White has been in transit for 43 days now with no updates for about 30 days.
It's shipped via HK post airmail.
I noticed They printed the label and sat on it for 3-4 days. And also they are using the cheapest possible airmail.
BTW, all my other items shipped after this (from various countries including China/Hong Kong) arrived today while this is still sitting at HK.
I can say KG is just lazy at this point.

I’m not sure they are lazy, I still get figures from them regularly. I just think they have moved to wholesale now and don’t get batch 1/2 anymore. That means a 3-4 month wait. But make sure you communicate with them regularly, that helps push things forward.

CCDD503A-3B21-4C3B-BACE-89775B48B70C.jpeg

Oh I know but I already have the Mando Scout Trooper and want to stick with that aesthetic.

Seems like it might be difficult to track down the blaster by itself now.

You could just throw a brown wash on the ROTJ Scout if you want to match the Mando version. Unless the differences in armor would bother you.

You could get away with just swapping out the chest armor and flipping the knee pads upside down but unfortunately the armor pieces have been getting harder to find at reasonable prices.

Seems like it might be difficult to track down the blaster by itself now.

You could just throw a brown wash on the ROTJ Scout if you want to match the Mando version. Unless the differences in armor would bother you.

You could get away with just swapping out the chest armor and flipping the knee pads upside down but unfortunately the armor pieces have been getting harder to find at reasonable prices.
The first thing I did was fix the knee pads 😆

I do think the difference would bother me. I've seen them pop up every now and then but eBay is barren and the one on Mercari is going for over $100 which... yeah, that's never happening.

Sadly I do think you're right and I'm going to have to pony up to get it. That's a bummer.

The first thing I did was fix the knee pads 😆

I do think the difference would bother me. I've seen them pop up every now and then but eBay is barren and the one on Mercari is going for over $100 which... yeah, that's never happening.

Sadly I do think you're right and I'm going to have to pony up to get it. That's a bummer.

If you really want the official Hot Toys DLT-19Xthen it'd probably be cheaper for you to buy the ROTJ Scout at a discount, sell the figure, and keep the blaster.

Though you may just end up keeping the figure too because it's great.

The Scout sniper rifle is just a stock MG-34 rifle that's easily/cheaply bought on ebay and there's a ton of quite similar scopes (the rifle doesn't appear in ROTJ anyway) available, or 3d printable files too.

There are some very thin wiper blade rails added to the barrel (like the death star MG-34 version Han carries as a stormie) but they are barely noticeable.

I'm not a huge fan of 3D printing for stuff like 1/6 weapons as they can be a bit fragile on thinner parts (there are additives that do make such prints a bit more durable), not like injection molded plastic. That said a 3D printed scope glued onto a plastic MG34 should be fine.
There are screen used MG34 converted as DLT-19 without the t-tracks on the barrels. So it is accurate to simply get a 1/6 MG34. I have an extra MG34 I got years ago from Toy Anxiety and use it with my Marmit Sandie as it looks better than the Marmit DLT-19.

Maybe I'll grab one of the Stormtrooper ones off of eBay and slap a scope on it and call it a day.

I'm generally not a fan of 3D printed... anything really due to the print lines but I do have a printed DLT-19D for one of my Deathtroopers that I grabbed off of Mercari and it's actually pretty impressive.

This is one of the best pictures of 1:6 figures I have seen. Heavily edited I guess. Or do you have a physical backdrop of Endor? How do you have it posed at the moment?
Thanks! I added the background of the forest in Photoshop. The foliage in the foreground all came with the Leia/Wicket 2 pack. Inspired mostly by all the hours playing Battlefront. I was going to include the Speeder bike in the background but it got too hard lol.

Unedited photo:

C0E01131-EE57-4B9F-A95A-7B206E614D75.jpeg

Thanks! I added the background of the forest in Photoshop. The foliage in the foreground all came with the Leia/Wicket 2 pack. Inspired mostly by all the hours playing Battlefront. I was going to include the Speeder bike in the background but it got too hard lol.

Unedited photo:

View attachment 626314
Amazing. Prefer this one, love the bike in distance. Thanks for sharing!

Back