1/6 General Jan Dodonna

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_IMPoor

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know, I know. You guys keep telling yourself "Why does he keep posting with the lamest possible bashes?". My answer. I don't know:lol. Cause I can? Either way, this guy may be popping up from time to time in my pics, so I'm more starting a thread just so anyone looking (yeah right) can find that someone was dumb..,I mean brave...I mean dedicated enough to make him more than I'm looking for feedback. Although it's more than welcome. If you wanna go, I'll go! This guys got more screen time than some of your aliens! I'll stick up for my man Jan. Put 'em up...
I kid of course. I love all the stuff getting done. I'm just padding the first comment cause I've only got 1 pic, cause really how many pics can you take of this guy. Wait, I'm trashing my own project.

Besides, the baddies seem to get all the good customizers attention. Don't you know, good beats bad. The Rebels won remember. Heroes get the chicks...all that stuff. White hat, white horse. OK, here he is with my Yavin gang. By the time I need him for more pics, hopefully I'll have tracked down a suitable long trenchcoat. Hope you like.

3-11.jpg

Jeff

nice custom!

The baddies get more customizers as compensation for all of them being losers... :lol

and they generally look cooler... cuz, you know, the villains wouldn't feel so powerful unless they felt cool, which means they need to look cool...

imagine if Darth Vader just looked like this

jar_jar_binks_large1.jpeg

he wouldn't have enough self esteem to go kill any Jedi.. here's what would happen:

SIDIOUS: Vader, go kill this Jedi.

VADER: Yes masta, meesa gonna do it right now.

*Vader confronts the Jedi*

VADER: Meesa be killin' yousa now, okee-day?

JEDI: :lol

VADER: :confused:

JEDI: :rotfl

VADER: :monkey2

*Vader goes home crying, and cannot accomplish anything*

THE END

Thats very good! Is that General Lee? Thats not a bad choice of headsculpt at all...though I feel bad if theres a headless General Lee out there.

Nothing lame about that bash Jeff.Nice group shot BTW.:D
I picked some of the nessesary pieces with the intention to bash a Dodonna myself after seeing one listed on ebay that someone through together a while back.Still have to get a few things yet to complete him though.

Thats very good! Is that General Lee? Thats not a bad choice of headsculpt at all...though I feel bad if theres a headless General Lee out there.

Why is that? Are you some kind of confederate slave owner from down south? Robert E. Lee forced a bunch of slaves to work for him after their master died, even though the master's will clearly stated they should be emancipated upon his death.

:D I just kidding

who says he's headless anyway? Perhaps he just put rebel clothes on him...

:lol nah the SSC Lee is just a good figure is all. Deserves to have its head! Unless the cloths are on a different figure.

Who is this General Lee you speak of? That's uh, Jan Dodonna's head. No Johnny Rebs here.:D

But if I were to rip apart a perfectly good Brotherhood figure, I would certainly recycle the body. And as not to offend any Civil War fans, General Lee's body will still be used on a CW fig (NOT Clone Wars). He now a custom General John Buford. 'Course maybe that's worse, turning him into a Yank.:monkey3

Thanks for the comments guys. I really do enjoy making the lesser characters. They aren't hugely challenging, but as I've said in all of my other threads, I don't believe Sideshow will actually get to any of them due to the wide variety of characters they have to choose from, and I do have to pick easier ones as I'm not really a painter or sculptor. Hell, I could do some damage if I had your guys skills!

And enaud, if you do tackle him also, post lots of pics.

Stay tuned for my next project, the 3rd guy from the left, next to that thing in the back.

I had no luck finding a sideshow Gen Lee but I did pick the one Dragon toys made from war toys.As mentioned,I still need to get a few more odds & ends to get.Sideshow boots I have won't fit on the dragon figure

I'm interested in seeing where you're going with these recent customs.I wouldn't doubt it at all to log on one day & see a great big @ss medal ceremony diorama::chew

looks good Darth and i know you like your rebel scum :peace

nice custom!

The baddies get more customizers as compensation for all of them being losers... :lol

and they generally look cooler... cuz, you know, the villains wouldn't feel so powerful unless they felt cool, which means they need to look cool...

imagine if Darth Vader just looked like this

jar_jar_binks_large1.jpeg

he wouldn't have enough self esteem to go kill any Jedi.. here's what would happen:

SIDIOUS: Vader, go kill this Jedi.

VADER: Yes masta, meesa gonna do it right now.

*Vader confronts the Jedi*

VADER: Meesa be killin' yousa now, okee-day?

JEDI: :lol

VADER: :confused:

JEDI: :rotfl

VADER: :monkey2

*Vader goes home crying, and cannot accomplish anything*

THE END

:rotfl:lol:rotfl love it.

Well, you have inspired me. I am doing a General Dodanna. I scored a Capt. Antilles outfit and am currently re-sculpting a Rebel Fleet trooper head to look more like Dodanna.

I will post pictures, but do not want to hijack your very "inspiring" thread! :D

Well, you have inspired me. I am doing a General Dodanna. I scored a Capt. Antilles outfit and am currently re-sculpting a Rebel Fleet trooper head to look more like Dodanna.

I will post pictures, but do not want to hijack your very "inspiring" thread! :D

Actually Chaka, unless you want to showcase yours by yourself (which is fine), hijack away. I'm a proponent of character threads, with everyone's work and related ideas in one space. We could put in reference pics and everything-all inclusive. You've had good tips on TR, and barryo has good tips on his TR, and spacecrawler has some good ideas, but they're in different spaces. Plus, how many threads does this guy really need? :lol

I'll be looking forward to your take on him

Okay. I agree DarthIMP, Dodanna doesnt need multiple threads. This will be the "Dodanna Thread" :D

Here is what I started with:
dodanna1.jpg

Here are some work in progress pictures. I am just trying to get basic shapes at the moment, not worried about the paint yet. I dremmeled off the bangs and made the hair line more receded.
dodanna2.jpg

I added more sculpy to the sides and to the bottom of the beard.
dodanna3.jpg

Here is where I am at currently.
dodanna4.jpg

Reference picture I am using.
250px-Dodona.jpg

As you can see, not even close to being finished. I need to thin out the hair on top of his head and lengthen the beard a bit. I am liking the look of it so far though.

A few more work in progress pictures. I added some sculpy to the nose and repainted the insignia on his jacket. I still need to paint the face and paint detail to the hair.

"Red Leader, this is Base One, keep half your group out of range for the next run..."
dodanna10.jpg

"Copy Base One.."
dodanna11.jpg

Okay, okay. I know they are standing next to each other....:D

Back