1/6 Emperors Throne “Chair”

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you da man, looks totally cool. Lopie and I need to get our fingers out and get ours finish. Great job, most inspirational.

Dorgmal

Awesome finish on it m8 how did you keep it so clean and blemish free ?

attachment.php
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15928&d=1243377627

Awesome finish on it m8 how did you keep it so clean and blemish free ?

attachment.php
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15928&d=1243377627

He bought it from the store, Moon don't buy into that I built it from scratch. LOL. No really a lot of sanding and refilling takes hours to get to look that way. That’s why mine isn’t finished. That’s just a testament to Fia’s eye for perfection. I commend you one your piece of art. Great work Bro.

Lopie said it. It took me the better part of 3 months and 2 chairs( cause I chucked the fist one and started over again). And yes, lots of putty and sanding!

And it isn't blemish free, there are a few little ones. :eek:

below are 2 pics, the one I chucked and my 2nd attempt. And the base is the top of a 50 pack blank cd case, and used styrene to clse up the bottom with an empty cigar tube as the post.

Last edited:
Finally got round to doing a little more work on mine. Just the top piece with the little symbols to do. I have no idea what I am gonna use.

Dorgmal.

throne25.jpg

throne26.jpg

Dude are you making copies of yourself to do more custom work cos your doing like 4 things at once lol. Btw very cool i like the red lighting.

Hey Fia2K9 I meant to ask you what did u use for the detail at the top of the chair!

Dorgmal

ultimately, I used left-over parts from a 1/24 scale car. Namely part of a fanbelt assembly, distributor cap, part of a rotor. And the the finer details that look like mesh are from a brass 1/350 scale ship ladder. I hunted high and low for any little tidbits that I could use. I went to an electronics surplus store (where I got my leds ) and looked at all kinds of parts. It was hell. Obviously, it's impossible to match the actual design, unless you have mad sculpting skills. But if anyone can do it on the fly, I know you can.

cheers!

here's my final pic. It bugged the crap outta me that I did'nt have a sidious robe so I had to make one. Sorry I put the template kit on the back burner but I will finish it. And sorry to Lopie that I wasn't more patient ( you know what I mean)

:emperor

here's my final pic. It bugged the crap outta me that I did'nt have a sidious robe so I had to make one. Sorry I put the template kit on the back burner but I will finish it. And sorry to Lopie that I wasn't more patient ( you know what I mean)

Awesomeness!:emperor

Looks great sorry it has taken so long. As soon as the wife and sister are gone I'm going to finish the throne. Cant wait, Josh has also painted my Emperor so that's motivation enough to get it done.

Back