1/6 Emperors Throne “Chair”

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished my seat cushions and working on the base. Not sure how much detail I'll put in it, because it's rather complex.....We'll see....

The seat cushions are black foam( 1/16th of an inch thick) that I got at an art's & crafts store, cut to 1/4 inch strips and glued together. Then gave it a shot of acrylic gloss coat....an viola....

I wanted to use super sculpy but it's hard to find and quite pricey....Overall I'm very pleased with the end result.

Fia that looks great, congrats on an awesome looking piece of art. The seat cushions look killer. What type of paint did you use for the throne and where did you get it from? I really like that color.

Fia that looks great, congrats on an awesome looking piece of art. The seat cushions look killer. What type of paint did you use for the throne and where did you get it from? I really like that color.

the color is light gun metal by Tamiya #TS-42
I purchased it from a local rc hobby shop, but I'm sure you can get it from an on-line dealer as well. Tamiya makes great matallic paints, but I wouldnt be surprised if Testors model master paints has that color as well.

fyi: I got the color idea from the attakus throne

Last edited:
Thanks for the info I'll have to get some of that paint it looks great. And as for the Emperors' robe I'm going to talk to my friend tonight.

Did you use auto putty to fill the crack at the corners? If so, do you then just cover the whole thing with putty too and smooth it really well or is that just plain styrene painted?

I'm a beginner with the auto putty.

Did you use auto putty to fill the crack at the corners? If so, do you then just cover the whole thing with putty too and smooth it really well or is that just plain styrene painted?

I'm a beginner with the auto putty.

I used Tamiya model putty, and I mainly used it to fill the gaps and to build up some of the contours. I mainly kept re-cutting my template peices(bristol board) before cutting the styrene until it fit as best as possible then used putty and sanded...putty...primer...putty....sanded.... You get the picture....

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, what does primering do between the diferent putty applications?

I didn't mean to say between every putty application, but at least primer it once or twice because it helps you see the contouring better during the putty and sanding phases. And also keeps you from sanding the bare plastic too much.....thats how I like to do it.....

:DDarn it Fia, I disappear for a month and when I finally make it back I get the most fantastic treat. Your Throne is lookin totally awesome, I chuffin love it. Everything about it is truly magnificent. A work of art......

Dorgmal

Lopie sent me an amazing gift the other day!! I love it, just what I needed.

I can not thank you enough Lopie.....

throne23-1.jpg

:DDarn it Fia, I disappear for a month and when I finally make it back I get the most fantastic treat. Your Throne is lookin totally awesome, I chuffin love it. Everything about it is truly magnificent. A work of art......

Dorgmal

good to have you back Mr.Snow...this thread isn't the same without your presence...It's good to finally see the proper occupant in your throne....thank you for the kind words, after all, it was yours and Lopie's influence that got me going.....BTW cudos to you for your amazing Gonk Droids they are truly amazing.

:mexwave

Wow! amazing work on these. Fia2k9, Lopie, and Dorgmal Snow will you guys be making more or will there be a template or kit coming out? I must have one!

Finished ! Finished ! Finished ! Finished !......Did my best recreation of the inner clips, I think they turned out quite well. I am working on a template kit for all the freaks out there, I promise it won't be much longer.

Peace Out!

Fia2k9 a.k.a. Frank

Back