1/6 did apollo 11 astronaut fiftieth anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danoby just convinced me to order Buzz! I though Neil was enough, but clearly, I need 2 spacemen

I also was only going to buy Neil, but after looking at the DID videos I decided I needed Buzz too. Then I started looking at prices and realized the full set was only going to cost an extra $200, might as well fully commit. And Collins will be the most rare, as others have mentioned previously he is the Winston Zeddemore of the set.

Danoby just convinced me to order Buzz! I though Neil was enough, but clearly, I need 2 spacemen

Better make it all 3!

Those Danoby videos are great, also helps for anyone who needs to assemble. I am really excited for these to come! Anyone have word from Timewalker on the trio set?

I'd love to get a Buzz just to display the more stripped down spacesuit without all the moonwalking gear and just the pressure helmet on, like when they were walking out to the launchpad. But not sure it's something I really need bad enough to pay another $300.

This set is amazing. If I didn't already have the Dragon/DML versions, I would have ordered them immediately. Just can't drop $900 bucks at the moment.

This set is amazing. If I didn't already have the Dragon/DML versions, I would have ordered them immediately. Just can't drop $900 bucks at the moment.

No doubt a ton of cash to drop when you already have a nice set of the same figures. Often times a tough decision deciding whether or not to upgrade. Just getting the bases to go with your current figures is a really nice presentation addition:)

Anyone have a close up of the speedmaster? I'm curious if that has crazy detail like the rest of the figures.

Yes, Buzz has the flag, but both stands have a hole for it.

I took the wooden base off because it was the only way to get it inside a Detolf.

32AF6B7B-73D0-417B-B29F-B1390853767B.jpeg

Displaying the full set seems a bit problematic because I wouldn't really want those white suits outside an enclosed case. And detolfs really limit what you can do both height and width wise. Not sure how to handle this yet.

The way you have the pair set up looks great Star Puffs!

No doubt a ton of cash to drop when you already have a nice set of the same figures. Often times a tough decision deciding whether or not to upgrade. Just getting the bases to go with your current figures is a really nice presentation addition:)

So true. For me, the amount of money gets to a point that the value or want is over-shadowed. I would rather put the money to other uses.

In regards to the bases, they are a beautiful upgrade to my original figures

Yes, Buzz has the flag, but both stands have a hole for it.

I took the wooden base off because it was the only way to get it inside a Detolf.

View attachment 486877

That is a great option, Star Puffs, to get them in the Detolf. What I did was to keep the wooden base but turn them on their side. I then placed the name plates towards the front and it actually looks pretty good to me.

Astronauts base display.jpg

For anyone who has both Armstrong and Aldrin, I have a question I hope someone can help me with:

The portable life support system box (the smaller box on his back that goes on top) for my Armstrong has small plastic snaps to hold the cloth flaps, but they are very flimsy and some don't snap together.

However, for my Aldrin, the snaps are instead metal snaps (like the ones typically used for 1/6 jacket and shirt buttons).

I really wish Armstrong had the same metal snaps, and I was wondering if anyone else had this difference between the two figures. Thanks!

Just had a look, both of mine have a mainly plastic on the top pack and metal on the main back pack.

Just had a look, both of mine have a mainly plastic on the top pack and metal on the main back pack.
Thank you very much for checking! That means my Armstrong pack isn't defective, so I feel much better now lol. I'll just use a bit of glue or something to close those flaps (I wish they just used metal for all of them). Thanks again! :D

Check out this amazing scratchbuild of the Lunar module. A project i may tackle myself oneday.

My figures are being sent by ship, so a long wait for me.

Back