1/6 Detention Block AA23

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What nimrod thought this would be a good idea for a project!!:banghead

I hate it already. Then again...I'm not very patient. I'll just call this V1 right now.

detaa.jpg

V2 is in process as well. I'm not sure which way I'm going yet. This one is constructed with the forced perspective as it's only 24" deep. It obviously needs work, but that's this concept and I'm not sure I like it yet.

V2 is strictly parallel. It's a little deeper and any perspective will be natural. The back wall will probably end up looking stupid though.

PRO's V1: Smaller profile, will blend with ref. pic better.
CON's V1: Harder, will only be able to display Han/Luke, probably won't worry about cell doors or garbage chute vents due to angles and bad scale.

PRO's V2: Straight cuts. Will also be able to display a Sideshow Chewie, or Vader and 2 troopers walking down the block since I'll have the height back. Should be able to do better detailing.
CON's V2: BIG!! Really, too big. Back pic will probably look out of place.

You can see my dilemma. I'll keep working them both until Obi-Wan's voice picks one. Good thing foam board is on sale this week!

PS-Thanks to everyone for the reference photos. I had most of them, but there was a couple that were great that I didn't have. It's cool we can help each other out.
Jeff

LOL Hell Jeff scrap em all and make it to scale, 8 feet long, ow and while you are at it make the trash chute and the compactor. LOL

I know what you mean about patience... If I start a project I like to get it done, paint drying is a real drag!!! But saying that I know that you will do it... you must..... there is no try.

How about making it sections so you can slot em together. Thjat way you can just keep adding sections till u get hacked off with it..

Tis could be chuffin fantastic... If you lived next do we could build it together and it would be done in a day and 30 feet long LOL.

looks nice thus far.
how does the perspective look in person? on the screen it looks nice. would love to see a figure in it to see the scale.

As we say in the fire department: "Go big, or stay home!" After some debate, I am proceeding with the larger V2. I just feel it gives me more flexibility in displaying. V1 could only fit 2 1/6 figs at the very front-too limiting. Anyway, here's where I am with tonight's progress. It's now 20"x20"x30" deep. Mock-up is lookin' good so far. Poor Farm Boy Luke's starting to spread himself a little thin. I better start saving for more figures.:D

detaasat017.jpg

Probably could be, but 2 1/2 feet is bigger than any shelf I have. And it's wider than my dresser. And it's wider than my workbench. And it's wider than...basically everywhere I can put it. What was I thinking!!!

Oh, well. Here we are with the rough pieces in place. Prison Luke is at the back for perspective.

detaasun1.jpg

Now to work on the floor (not looking forward to this), and if I can get to Kinkos today, maybe see if I can get a blown up pic from the shots you guys were nice enough to give. Plus I better get a string of orange Halloween lights for my little trench under the floor before they're gone.

Make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep go on....

Make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep, make 10 feet deep go on....

I told you Dorg's, I'm not making it 10 feet deep. 30" is all the space I have. Now get back down there to your man-cave and start working on the Falcon!!

detaasun2.jpg

Now THAT would be awesome :D

The floor sucks every bit as much as I figured it would. Just like Prog's awesome Leia cel dio (check Chewie's Chop Shop if you haven't had the pleasure yet), I'm going with the balsa wood. I've got 1/2 of it laid out. It has potential to be cool, but there's a lot of small pieces. It will take some time to do it up. Nothing can be glued permanent until I have this done, so back to the hole with a new bottle of glue!!
Jeff

detaasun3.jpg

Here's the best I found. We really need this on blu-ray without compression artifacts.

starwarsepisodeivanewhoo.jpg

If you want a background, try using this pic

detblock-1.jpg

I spliced together a few pics, same as the one justinluck found, just no people! Isn't that convenient?

Back