1:6 Chewbacca pics ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys im just about to start a Chewbacca custom and i wold like to see how you guys have made or how the custom you got looks like?
Just to get a few helpfull tips on how to make a better chewie really, please help.

HI Monkeybat , did you get a chance to start your custom Chewie yet?
Just curious and love to see WIP pics if you happen to take them.

I like the customs some of the members have made here, wish I had the talent to customise my Chewie figure with either real fur or more screen acurate paint job.

I've posted more pics of him on my Show your Shelves page.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65488&page=3

DSCF0398.jpg

DSCF0418.jpg

I'm looking for more of the Breathing Masks too !!
(Thought I'd drop that in...lol)

This was my one before it went to evilbay, originally furred by Mark Magienello, I reworked it adding articulation built the 3po from a kaiyodo kit, fitted wih voice function and lights,a spent alot of time restyling and trimming the fur.
DSCF0010-1.jpg

DSCF0040-2.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0043-2.jpg

DSCF0044-2.jpg

Hurricane - Your figure looks fantastic. Chewwy looks so much better with the real fur, I love the different tones, very realistic. Now im really jealous hehehehe

Hurricane, what body did you use for your Chewbacca?

And what release is the all plastic Chewbacca in Manticore's post?

Sean

Mines an off the shelf , poor mans Hasbro version of Chewie, but the only one I have so he'll do for time being. I hope Sideshow does make him in the future.

He is a KB Toys exclusive collectors edition version with a Power of the Force Chewy crossbow. On his back is a Masterpiece C3PO which has removable limbs and a cargo net. The Breathing Mask is from Sideshows Bespin Han.

I wish I could help you, Im not sure about the body. As you know , he is taller than Vader and lanky too. I think getting the fur, applying it and colour matching will be hard, while keeping him in proportion. The Hasbro has minimal articulation wich is a problem area I can see. Hurricanes is just awesome, you can see the work gone into it.

Good luck with yours. Look forward to seeing your WIP.

Hurricane, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you fetch for that awesome Chewie? It may be an indicator of what we'll have to pay if Sideshow makes anything even close to that. Too bad you had to part with it.

Hurricane, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you fetch for that awesome Chewie? It may be an indicator of what we'll have to pay if Sideshow makes anything even close to that. Too bad you had to part with it.

I doubt the price he got for a one-off custom (and a fantastic one I must say) would have much relevance to what Sideshow would charge if and when they do something similar.

I personally am using the Gentle Giant Chewbacca statue as my Chewie until a better replacement comes along.

Now come on lets get together and make some semi decent Chewies. I have two furry hasbro version and the next is the right body ?

Pure quality work, Love the Chewie and Threepio!..best representations of these characters i have ever seen yet, in 1/6th scale.

Back