1/6 ART Figures AF-019 Crazy Racer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and sometimes he looks like this
b6501f853a52e911e5c7fa834f54f6bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely agreed. I had that exact thought about Hardy's face today changing. Sometimes he looks rough like in your above pic and sometimes he's practically baby faced like the one below. Vts def captures the baby face and af more captures the rough look. The hair being messed up would've improved it dramatically

I would love to see someone resculpt the hair on the existing head.

The headsculpt isn't nearly as bad as alot of people say it is and in some spots (like the eyes and eyebrows) it looks better than the VTS in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Looks like Max got hit in the head a bit hard in that photo.

I agree about Hardy being a chameleon. There are some promo shots where he actually looks a lot like Gibson.

I goofed up when I used the face composite app, it's better now. earlier I made the poor guy's face too big for his head. I definitely see a resemblance here, although it's definitely far off from perfect. I wonder how the vts head will fare in production?

174af874e0a875906617d9077e0a5ec3.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the backpack on.

After being on the fence (ouch!) I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this guy. I thought I waited too long but found one on ebay for $150 shipped which isn't too bad. I'm no FR expert by any stretch but the AF passes the eye-ball test so far as how accurate the outfit looks compared to VTS, less the head sculpt of course. So when VTS comes out, I'll just buy that head and maybe buy the basic outfit to construct his metal facemask look. No sense in buying two complete figures of this guy from two different companies.

After being on the fence (ouch!) I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this guy. I thought I waited too long but found one on ebay for $150 shipped which isn't too bad. I'm no FR expert by any stretch but the AF passes the eye-ball test so far as how accurate the outfit looks compared to VTS, less the head sculpt of course. So when VTS comes out, I'll just buy that head and maybe buy the basic outfit to construct his metal facemask look. No sense in buying two complete figures of this guy from two different companies.

Kind of had a similar idea just the other way round, but just getting the basics for the masked appearance was more expensive than buying the whole figure... So now I'm getting both [emoji51]

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the backpack on.

dc80db052e72b21bd67094fffbdeccbd.jpg
82ee0ba2419be75edaf8460b0a1523d1.jpg
56c023f44c5fa87aa8c270874d91f34c.jpg
910767472d4010da657577640ff9c567.jpg

Don't forget to thread the straps through the bottom two lines of the back pack at the end (if you don't do this it won't stay flush against the back). As you can see in the pics above I actually only threaded it through every other line. I felt like alternating it would actually make it hold better

I alternated between the harness and bag the way you would with real molle on my custom Max, and it is very sturdy and stays nice and flush. A pair of forceps makes your life much easier.

The outfit and accessories are quite impressive, especially for the price.
i bought a body & clothes to make a T1 resistance fighter, they really look beautiful and already look like made from garbage. really nice.

The outfit and accessories are quite impressive, especially for the price. Are they that much better to VTS's?

It's generally accepted that this art figures version has more accurate weathering and coloring for the outfit. The vts version is generally considered to have a stronger head sculpt. In the end l'll probably be happy to own both actually. I love it when companies compete and instead of getting one inferior product and one superior one we get two distinct and worthwhile figures. The one thing I'll say is that likeness the vts figure has makes it more of a legal liability that could complicate it's release, whereas I think it would take some doing to sue art figures since the likeness is so stylized. This could be a big reason why af tends to stylize likeness. Heck even their Dredd figure was literally called "artistic interpretation" right on the box. You don't get more legally defensive than that lol

It's generally accepted that this art figures version has more accurate weathering and coloring for the outfit. The vts version is generally considered to have a stronger head sculpt. In the end l'll probably be happy to own both actually. I love it when companies compete and instead of getting one inferior product and one superior one we get two distinct and worthwhile figures. The one thing I'll say is that likeness the vts figure has makes it more of a legal liability that could complicate it's release, whereas I think it would take some doing to sue art figures since the likeness is so stylized. This could be a big reason why af tends to stylize likeness. Heck even their Dredd figure was literally called "artistic interpretation" right on the box. You don't get more legally defensive than that lol

Hope you are right as I couldn't wait for the vts and had to order the Af too. Haven't got it in and yet so glad to know people like it. Maybe a kit bash of the two will end up being the perfect Max.

Just had an idea. Wouldn't it be kind of cool to to give the AT long rooted hair and beard making it into Max before he was caught by the war boys? ...if not I think this one will be my masked Max.

This is a very underrated figure. More stubble (darker) and a better hair sculpt would raise the level of this figure two-fold. As is he's better in-hand. I wasn't going to get it, but felt that a bash with the VTS would make a better representation of the character. Initially, based on pics, I liked the VTS version better because it felt more refined. It wasn't, however, very accurate.

i bought a body & clothes to make a T1 resistance fighter, they really look beautiful and already look like made from garbage. really nice.

interested to see how this turns out.

I used the shoulder pad for my road Warrior Max. A bit big, but better than what I had.

From the side it looks bigger.

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Back