1:6 ANH Vader helmet mod question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordscum

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I know its been asked many times but I can't seem to find the thread . I was wondering what is the easiest to get the dome off and once off is it as easy as sanding the post and re-gluing the dome back on?

Last edited:
if you have a dremmel use that. and do it a little bit at a time and fit as you go until you get it the way you want it.

for mine i didnt reglue it but used blue tack towards the back (i switch out the original helmet & a hasbro dome from time to time). i left some of the top post on for positioning.

Thanks for the replies so far , what is the best way to get the dome off ? A hairdryer on low heat . I was going to use fine sandpaper so I have better control of how much I want to take off.

I got mine off by holding the face mask with my left hand and gently pulling and twisting the dome back and forth until it came off.

Tried the mod last night and wasn't to thrilled with the results , looks like its the Hasbro Dome for me which seems easier in the long run. Now I just have to find someone who wants to sell me one.

Tried the mod last night and wasn't to thrilled with the results , looks like its the Hasbro Dome for me which seems easier in the long run. Now I just have to find someone who wants to sell me one.

Hey Lordscum, I might have one in my parts box. If I can find it it is yours, will let you know in the next few days. I did that mod but bought the parts from Hurricane, it came out perfect!

Back