1/6 108 TOYS "Face change" Face-off Sean Archer & Castor Troy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m almost tempted because I’d like a sixth scale representation of Nicolas Cage but Face/Off isn’t one of my favorite of his films.

Dang these look fantastic too me. Face/OFF was off the charts insane in a good Nic Cage way.

Even Travolta was bat honey crazy here.

When John Woo was casting this film, maybe he knew something that no one else did at the time....

Travolta plays a great villain. He should only play villains honestly. You can see how much he enjoys it.

I’m almost tempted because I’d like a sixth scale representation of Nicolas Cage but Face/Off isn’t one of my favorite of his films.
To each their own, but Face/Off is my favorite Cage flick.

This was in his prime and he played just an insane character, yet a caring one because of the premise. I consider the late 90's to mid 2000's the last era of action movies. We have action movies today, but they are poorly shot, CGI almost all real explosions are scenes and use terrible CGI backdrops for real cities.

I also miss seeing character sweating during scenes because well filming was that intense. I love stable camera angles. Modern films suffer from too many close up shots and camera switches that take you out of the action.

Face/OFF Travolta and Cage has long been a big want. I am just glad I didn't order it from ToysBluberland who still have a couple thousand worth of products from me.

I can't wait for reviews. Expectations are a bit high as I saw the product shots, hoping for a great 3rd party release.

I don't mind shaky cam long as it done right, but i hate the POV movie like Hardcore Henry and found footages (Not all of them).

Hey, I watched the first video. Spot on if that's the origin of the shaky Cam style action shots in modern movies.

I heard a rumour about 15 years ago that they were letting drama-esque directors film action scenes to bring in a ahem, new audience. They sacrificed essentially those directors who knew how to film action scenes for these directors who did constant close-ups.

Sort of matches the modern action set pieces also, as well as the artistic film making of the latter Borne films.

I don't mind shaky cam long as it done right, but i hate the POV movie like Hardcore Henry and found footages (Not all of them).
I found Hardcore Henry great. They actually wanted to use the Handy cam and was an artistic choice. Modern action films are just poorly cut together because well of cuts between actions scnes.

If you ever youtubed modern wrestling, it's the same thing. Mid- move they cut to another angle, which interrupts your brain enjoyment and fullness of the move the wrestler just did.

It's sort of like after an action set piece in a movie, you NEED a moment of rest to reflect on the action you just witnessed. Another reason why Face/ OFF was amazing, it wastowards the end of the action film era and one of the best.

Still hoping for some pics before I pay. Gonna pay no matter what, because what I seen outside the final face sculpts look on point and pleasing.

Found this pic

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 10-42-26 1_6 108 TOYS 108005 Villain - Google Search.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 10-42-26 1_6 108 TOYS 108005 Villain - Google Search.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 0
It was a random pic I found doing a google search, may not even be from the figure...it's just a new Travolta headsculpt and I assume it was from this figure.

To me it looks very passable. It's a chubby travolta which he was in the movie. Couldn't find any new Nic Cage sculpts though....will wait before I pay....but barring any HUGE misfires from the clothing/promised accessories, I am in.

Attachments

• Im Castor Troy Whooooooo-.mp4
    4.2 MB
Really an unexpected surprise to see these in 1:6 form. Tailoring doesn’t look that great, but overall these are pretty cool looking figures. Face/Off was a fun movie with over-the-top performances by both Travolta and Cage. I have sixteen POs to get through between now and the end of March, but will add these to my B list if they stay around long enough or aren’t bumped by something else.

Back