1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pictures! Did you get the feet? Another credit to this figure as well that the boots light up. It's very well hidden the way it is designed in the feet.

You sir are not my friend. A friend would not encourage me to torture myself with itty bitty batteries and panels that don't like to come off! Lol.. Yes I tested the feet and they work as well. Including lights in the boots is really going beyond the call of duty. 98% of displays won't use the feature but it's nice to know its there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:hi5:

Yeah putting those batteries in sucks but is does look so cool lit up. I am more impressed with the lights at this scale than 1/6. It really sets the piece off on display. Really exudes a high end collectible look.

Is that caps NECA shield? Looks aces!

Nice pics royce!:clap

Likely to end up with both now haha

Go for it! i'm sure they look great side by side. I just wish there was something that differentiated the suits. If I could put two shoulder mounted guns and replace the forearm gun with something more substantial then I'd add War Machine to my collection.

Go for it! i'm sure they look great side by side. I just wish there was something that differentiated the suits. If I could put two shoulder mounted guns and replace the forearm gun with something more substantial then I'd add War Machine to my collection.

I don't have an issue with reprints because if you collect ironman, A LOT of suits are just repaints unfortunately.

They emailed me this around this year comicon event

Dear pre-order customer,

RE: Production status of 1/4 Scale Iron Man Mark 42 – Exclusive Edition

The quality control of the above item has been handed over to Comicave Studios, who are implementing inspection checks on all figures released.

After initial checks, they have found that the product quality has not reached suitable standards appropriate for release, and have therefore decided to hold back on the release, while further improvements are put in place.

The estimated release of the product will be December 2015, whereby pre-orders and distributor orders will be filled in the weeks following the initial release.

We sincerely apologise for the long delay, however Comicave Studios is determined to only release products which reach suitable quality standards.

We thank you for your continued support, and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You may contact us at: [email protected]

Sincerely,
Play Imaginative

What happened to Mk 42? I think PI has gone under anyhow...

They rebranded as comic cave essentially. Pretty much the same thing they did when they went from PI to super alloy. Same license. Same group owns both(or all three) companies. PI used to outsource most design and production of its marvel line. They did that to CMC, essentially. So when marvel threatened to pull the rest of their licenses and public support was nearly gone they rebranded by spinning CMC off as its own company. There are some new people brought on as well. And the new CMC prototypes look great. But most of the old PI protos where cool too (hundreds that never got made) but it's the production part that was the problem.

We can hope they understand their issues and fix them. But the first product CMC promoted was the 1/4 hulkbuster. Which they have since scrapped and even gave the prototype away. Not exactly a great start. But...you never know.

They rebranded as comic cave essentially. Pretty much the same thing they did when they went from PI to super alloy. Same license. Same group owns both(or all three) companies. PI used to outsource most design and production of its marvel line. They did that to CMC, essentially. So when marvel threatened to pull the rest of their licenses and public support was nearly gone they rebranded by spinning CMC off as its own company. There are some new people brought on as well. And the new CMC prototypes look great. But most of the old PI protos where cool too (hundreds that never got made) but it's the production part that was the problem.

We can hope they understand their issues and fix them. But the first product CMC promoted was the 1/4 hulkbuster. Which they have since scrapped and even gave the prototype away. Not exactly a great start. But...you never know.

Interesting! Thanks for the info. I can't find any major online retailers taking orders for Mk 42 though...BBTS cancelled all PI stuff from pre-orders I believe

Interesting! Thanks for the info. I can't find any major online retailers taking orders for Mk 42 though...BBTS cancelled all PI stuff from pre-orders I believe

You wont until ComicCave decides to put them up for sale through the US Distributor Blue Fin.

We might be a small sample size but we have a handful of members who are more than happy with their two 1/4 offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's crazy some of you still trust them and want to give them money.

Not sure what you mean? I didn't read anyone here actually depositing any money?

We've all bought the war machine and iron patriot which have been released and people already own it

Not sure what you mean? I didn't read anyone here actually depositing any money?

We've all bought the war machine and iron patriot which have been released and people already own it

I actually pay for my mark 42 in full more than 2 years ago.
As I like to give them another chance, it won't happen again
I'm sure they will take another 2 years to deliver.

That stinks. Sorry you had your money tied up from them. The 1/4 products are very very good though. I would expect the Mark 42 to have the same quality these have if not more considering the number of times they went back to fix the sculpts and body paint. I would welcome a Mark 42 right next to the Iron Patriot. I'm really excited to have War Machine next to the Hot Toys 43 once it is released.

Mini me. :)

That being said, several months ago i saw the finished product of iron patriot. I must admit it looked good.
The proportion is superb I think.

Got mine, unpacked it, testing lights soon, will post photos soon!

too epic, went ahead with iron patriot now...

Edit:

Well good news and bad.

Good news -
very heavy, surprised how heavy it is when the package was light as hell. Royce was right, all the weight is in the middle.

Eats 1/6th for breakfast. Not going back.

Paint job is quality. Top notch, no issues

Love the base. Looks very classy.

Bad news -
right arm joint is weak and cannot hold a pose, so unfortunately I'll have to stick with museum pose (arms down). Or the left arm can be raised. However, long term I wasn't going to do anything but a museum pose. With die cast and how heavy it is, I think long term you want to keep the arms down to ensure the joints don't wear and tear. Not sure if I should chase up the guy who sold it to me, I mean, they'll probably tell me it's PI issue....or should I try my luck and ask for like $20 back? I am actually not too fussed about the arm, but I do feel long term resale value will drop because of it...but on the other hand, shipping this back to them and getting an exchange for another will be > $100 I imagine.

I cannot test the lights, all the batteries that came with it died - was that the same for you guys? Or have I actually got a busted IM? I will go to the shops tomorrow morning to pick up new batteries to test them. It's going to be annoying as putting them in - any tips? Tweezers?

So overall, I am going to wait until I test if the lights work or not before I buy the iron patriot. If lights don't work, I'll still be happy with the piece, but not going to buy another and stick with Hot Toys.

If lights work, I'll buy iron patriot.

Back