1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm just going to leave all of the plastic separators in place for now. If they irk me down the line I will remove them. Yep.. His right eye is slightly off to the right. I meant to call that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh no biggie. That thing is still boss and a gorgeous display piece. Are you thinking about getting War Machine now that you have this in hand to judge by?

Really looks amazing. Do these really only measure 18 inches tall?

2e5f92aa316eaecaf196e15540f1deea.jpg

Almost forgot that he comes with some battle damaged pieces. Looks good. He has an additional replacement piece for his right shoulder pad but you have to break out the screw driver to get it off so it will stay in the box! I like this look.

5225d45c9ea2797519f4fd42125dd1ea.jpg

29688361df632341b4efd55c5385df40.jpg

I'm absolutely never going to use the light functions until they start providing remotes! I guess I should check but I really don't care lol.. Ok I will check. Just not right now LMAO

Really love this figure.

One small miss is they did not put magnets on the battle damaged visor so you can't complete the battle weary look with the visor up. Hopefully I can find some magnets that size and glue them in myself.

c15f5ab20a7aeacb85f3b7c81d59f229.jpg

ba9d8c9d08aaf3ec0df0ab0d643b7a2e.jpg

0770c3a771e3aae8752929fed5ea4ca7.jpg

e4bd2d871c82e0e1f29e95f6189b92c5.jpg

Ahhhh no biggie. That thing is still boss and a gorgeous display piece. Are you thinking about getting War Machine now that you have this in hand to judge by?

I was not tempted before but the thought did recently cross my mind! I think I'm good with just Iron Patriot since the mold is the same and at this size, space is limited.

If you are a batman fan start lurking through the BB Enterbay thread. That 1/4 Batman Begins is one of the best values (and still is) for a simply gorgeous piece. You may have it but I didn't see it in on the shelves. It is a mini bale and creepy how great it looks on display. The EB Joker while pricey is also a magnificent piece for 1/4.

Oh I've been lurking over there for a while. I see that it gets high marks from those who own it but for some reason that suit does nothing for me. And I'm not a huge Batman fan so I'm good with the Hot Toys version. I try not to repeat characters unless they are in a completely different form like T800 BD and full Endo. Man at the prices I see on EBay that EB Joker will never be a part of my collection and I'm ok with that LOL

Royce12, great pics. How do you feel about the base he comes with? Have you tried the LED's out. It looks really nice and bright.

I just set him up on the base and it looks great. Very bright and well made. Looks like I need to lower my shelf to give him a bit more head room.

6fe129035a01bfeec45bfac73b2108ec.jpg

8668e3d7d9ce9a063fc5d27b87e53b85.jpg

370e4d0f8e4e256fa79662e2a68ab836.jpg

Last edited:
Great review! I'm considering to get this. Is the rhodey sculpt in par with hot toys?
I like the headsculpt but not sure with the paint. It looks good judging by your photos though

The sculpt is pretty good. I would not say they NAILED it but you definitely know the character and the actor at a glance. Paint job is not Hot Toys quality. It's better than your mass market factory stuff from Neca for example but it falls short of what Hot Toys or Enterbay would likely offer at this scale. That said.. It looks good on display. The right eye on mine is just a tad bit wonky.

The sculpt is pretty good. I would not say they NAILED it but you definitely know the character and the actor at a glance. Paint job is not Hot Toys quality. It's better than your mass market factory stuff from Neca for example but it falls short of what Hot Toys or Enterbay would likely offer at this scale. That said.. It looks good on display. The right eye on mine is just a tad bit wonky.

thanks for your input, considering mk 42 will eventually come out, I might be tempted to order this figure

I think this is one of those get it before you miss out figures. I don't think there will be many to go around.

I was just testing my lights to make sure they work and was blown away (again) at the sheer bulk of this figure. This guy has really set the bar for depicting a man in an iron tank suit. I can only hope that when the Hot Toys MK43 comes out it gives the same impression.

Jeezus these lights were a PITA!!!
And my cell phone struggled mightily to capture the image. The good news is all lights were functional.

401b6f05df259aa60ff57b84cb8be0e3.jpg

815f5298534e1c02def159f263d64ea2.jpg

7cd1857c25ba4314dcb8a213085fccd3.jpg

1555b013ce0b4491dea6334ea2e12323.jpg

75a6b57be7b4d13645b0afacb353396f.jpg

Back