1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I attended the 2014 Anime Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center today Saturday. Yes Anime was on hand as an exhibitor and they did have a production sample of the 1/4 scale War Machine Mark II as they are a US distributor for PI. Below are some sample pictures of the figure that they had on display. For additional pictures in higher resolution, please check out my Flickr gallery, 2014 Anime Expo, Saturday

A Yes Anime contact was supposed to let me try out this figure at the 2014 SDCC, before I get my own. I tried looking for this individual at AX, but I regrettably could not find this person.

Yes Anime also had on display the 1/12 PI War Machine Mark 2, Iron Patriot and Hyper Gokin Iron Man Mk. III figures.

The proportions and headsculpt look great, but a missed opportunity here because of the aesthetics, sadly.

The eyes are creepy! :lol

Casper the friendly ghost mayhaps? :lol

Casper-the-Friendly-Ghost-Episode-14--Ghost-Of-Honour.jpg

Off topic but did the Hyper Gokin Iron Man come out? I can't find it anywhere

Off topic but did the Hyper Gokin Iron Man come out? I can't find it anywhere

CollectionDX says that it was released last year, but that was probably for Asian markets. I imagine that it would be released later this year. I'll ask at the SDCC.

For what it's worth, BBTS has updated their release schedule for the Play Imaginative Super Alloy line. The 1/4 scale War Machine mk II is slated for September 2014 while the 1/12 scale Iron Man mk XLII (42) and 1/12 scale Iron Patriot are slated for Late 2014. Everything else has been pushed to "2015"

That War Machine sure is a sight to behold, although not interested in it now that I know what they are capable of I sure hope they release MK XLII and the Patriot in this scale :dance I want those two.

For what it's worth, BBTS has updated their release schedule for the Play Imaginative Super Alloy line. The 1/4 scale War Machine mk II is slated for September 2014 while the 1/12 scale Iron Man mk XLII (42) and 1/12 scale Iron Patriot are slated for Late 2014. Everything else has been pushed to "2015"
apparently bbts will have figures from PI 2 months after the release date.
if mark 42 really come out on nov/dec 2014 , the bbts will have him around jan/feb 2015

I will believe a PI release date for their 1/4 scale Iron Man range, when I see the figure in stock at Forbidden Planet(.com) ..and not before.

The proud owner of the very first PI 1/4 scale Iron Man, pre-order.. pictured with his confirmation slip:

lol now that we know hot toys did well on their mark 42. I have no desire for PI's
good for you eric, as you'll save ton of money :hi5:
currently I prefer 1/4 scale more than I collect 1/6 scale. so if I have to choose between HT or this, I'll definitely take this one.

lol now that we know hot toys did well on their mark 42. I have no desire for PI's

True, I still kept my PI 42 order but interest is fading rapidly. This company is taking forever to get the product out, and by the time it does I'll already have 2 1/4 statues and a 1/6 figure of this suit. With the high price tag & limited space for another 1/4, I may dump this since I'll have 3 representations of the Mk 42 already.

That's if the company can actually sell anything. The longer it takes, the less people will want to get one.

Even though interest has decreased, I still hope they can do a good job with their 1/4 offerings.
It'll be good for the market in that competition drives prices down.

Even though interest has decreased, I still hope they can do a good job with their 1/4 offerings.
It'll be good for the market in that competition drives prices down.
i agree
hopefully we can see a youtube review not too long from now. some people said it's already being released in singapore around 2 days ago

Back