1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx for the hint, i was thinking about buying one, now i`m not so sure any more :/

It depends how the seller is handling it.. the concern is that you might get hit with import duties.. or it might take much longer to arrive than expected.. also it would be wise to use a credit card for the PayPal payment, just as an extra precaution.

I tend to check details a little closer now, with figures that normally have a mainly / exclusively Far Eastern sales release.

Earlier in the year, I wanted to buy a couple of urban vinyl figures and found what I was looking for on eBay, from a seller with a London address.. However, when I contacted the seller about collecting the items, he stated it was an 'office address only'.. after a quick check, I established it was one of these rented Business (PO Box) addresses with mail forwarding services.

I decided to split the order (the items were otherwise unavailable in the UK) in two and waited for the first to arrive, before finalising the second.. both arrived ok and without any extra charges, but they took several weeks to show up (by courier?..for an 'in stock' item?..within the UK?) ..so I think the figures had actually come from overseas.

Exactly how the UK seller was operating the system, I'm not certain, but I suspect it was selling 'gifts' (with good margins), ordered by him through a personal contact overseas.. then relabeling the boxes and sending them on by courier.. since he did not sell a lot of items.

Haha. Will do in a few hours. It's office hours now in Singapore but I'm leaving the office in about 15 mins.

The package is so damn heavy. Approximately 10 kg.

The figure itself is really heavy.

Seriously thinking about cancelling my po, HT keeps releasing theirs and they all look very nice. Plus it's 1/3 of the costs. :dunno

It will be another 10 to 11 months at least before you will see the final product and we are not even sure if it is up to the standard that we are expecting of.

I was about to order the Mark XLII 1/6 but decided to go nuts with the HT diecast version.

same as the delays from HT I prefer them to make sure quality is top notch rather than being disappointed with a poor quality $100usd + figure

It will be another 10 to 11 months at least before you will see the final product and we are not even sure if it is up to the standard that we are expecting of.

They had over 8 months (?) to come up with the first prototype and it was not bad, not great either. Hot Toys ones have long delays too but you can pretty much expect the final products to look very much like what you see in the promo photos. I just think with PI, there are so many unknowns. If it wasn't for BBTS, i wouldn't even think about pre-ordering.

They had over 8 months (?) to come up with the first prototype and it was not bad, not great either. Hot Toys ones have long delays too but you can pretty much expect the final products to look very much like what you see in the promo photos. I just think with PI, there are so many unknowns. If it wasn't for BBTS, i wouldn't even think about pre-ordering.

That is also the main reason why I cancel my PO and had my money refunded because of the multiple delays and also the uncertainties of the quality.

At the moment, I think PI has yet convince me to drop so much money on the figure. It might be almost 2 years after IM3 that we will see the actual figure being released and the hype has long died down.

On their Facebook page, Play Imaginative claims their 1/4 scale War Machine Mark 2 is supposed to be out next month in July.

ahyve3ad.jpg

at this size, price and of course considering HT war machine was already out first, PI only choice is to tops HT or they will be considered fail.

Back