1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Gemini is the only 1/4 figure I have ever considered getting. The only thing I don't like about these things are all the visible screw holes on the back, i hope they put caps over those.

My guess is that it does have articulation. Look closely at the photos and the videos. You can see the joints at the knees and elbows for an example. One shoulder is higher than the other and one arm is sticking out more to the side. I doubt a 3D printout would be like that. The figure looks like it's leaning to the side.. So yeah, must be articulation already built in.

Great to know...and did I hear the lady say that the articulation will be remote controlled? Really love the bulk of the PI suits...actually look more like armors than HT's ones.

That Gemini is the only 1/4 figure I have ever considered getting. The only thing I don't like about these things are all the visible screw holes on the back, i hope they put caps over those.

Same, if HT dont make one then i'll probably spring for the 1/4 one

21314_485012484886533_667815215_n.jpg

164928_485008991553549_230763236_n.jpg

:exactly:
I mentioned that on their FB wall too. the holes were disturbing
So Play Imag does one but Hot Toys can't after 3 helmet versions of him?

:slap:cuckoo:
I think with so many figures to make, HT don't give their all into making figures anymore:slap

Hot Toys really want to take away the attention from Play Imaginative by holding their own special exhibition besides them....but I say Hot Toys blew this competition out of the water.

PI have to start coming up with something now...

What? :dunno

It's not like he's been in an armor for every second he was on screen.

no, but he was never made in to a figure outside of the armor. tony never got a HS included with an ironman armor until he was shown in the movie with no helmet.

as cool as it would have been to have a full head sculpt for a kit-bash...

Hot Toys really want to take away the attention from Play Imaginative by holding their own special exhibition besides them....but I say Hot Toys blew this competition out of the water.

PI have to start coming up with something now...

Damn right, went down for the Hot Toys exhibition today...well, Hot Toys has real prototypes. Play Imaginative....still plastic. And look what both of them did

Hot Toys:
We believe many people have already seen what Hot Toys’ Iron Man collectible figurines look like, but do you know how they are made and how many armor parts each figure are made of?
321406_10151379907732344_1982993340_n.jpg

Play Imaginative
Check out all the shiny metal parts that make up the 1/6 Scale Super
Alloy die cast Iron Man Mark VII!
389078_10152768061720648_2009920051_n.jpg

Gotta fight the competition!

Funny how PI can get RDJ's potrait spot on in just 2 attempts...last week when PI first showed the RDJ potrait, it was not the same as the picture here and shows that they are still tweaking it.

Their sculptors must be pretty good...Hot Toys should poach their sculptors hahaha

aaadowneysculpt_zpse74a5206.jpg

This was taken by me from last week of the initial sculpt at Bugis, Singapore.
Picture_zpsc8adb6ca.jpg

Last edited:
Back