1/4 Prime 1 Studio: New 52 - Flash Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally get the lack of yellow concerns, but honestly, doesn't even phase me. It still screams Manapul.

Last edited:
Can someone photoshop it with the yellow. So we can see if it actually looks good on the statue

Can someone photoshop it with the yellow. So we can see if it actually looks good on the statue

Yea would be cool to see

Artwork of the piece with the lines correct

e5bb880a821c588424815382e131fc57.jpg

Wowzers. I'm blown away with this piece and surprised how much I like it. I feel like I have to add him. Even though I like the Superman I wrote off this line because it was new 52 but now...I'm really starting to dig it. For me this could be one of the greatest comic statues ever made, like SS Cap, Doom, She Hulk or XM Magneto. If you don't get caught up in the period details this is really one heck of a well designed piece. Ordered!

Wowzers. I'm blown away with this piece and surprised how much I like it. I feel like I have to add him. Even though I like the Superman I wrote off this line because it was new 52 but now...I'm really starting to dig it. For me this could be one of the greatest comic statues ever made, like SS Cap, Doom, She Hulk or XM Magneto. If you don't get caught up in the period details this is really one heck of a well designed piece. Ordered!

I agree. The yellow lightning was the main element that made the Nu52 costume glaringly busy, IMO, so I'm glad to see it go (imagine that in addition to the clear resin lighting trails on this statue. Eyesore to the max.) The deeper red metallic paint app reminds me more of Wally West, as does the smiling EX portrait, but Wally's my Flash, so I love it. Not for everyone, but hopefully SSC is just being tight-lipped about whatever classic Barry they have in the works even its release is a ways off.

I agree. The yellow lightning was the main element that made the Nu52 costume glaringly busy, IMO, so I'm glad to see it go (imagine that in addition to the clear resin lighting trails on this statue. Eyesore to the max.) The deeper red metallic paint app reminds me more of Wally West, as does the smiling EX portrait, but Wally's my Flash, so I love it. Not for everyone, but hopefully SSC is just being tight-lipped about whatever classic Barry they have in the works even its release is a ways off.

Barry Allen is where it's at. :lecture

:rock

j/k

Yeah, you know, as I look at it more, while the art looks awesome, not sure the yellow lines would have translated well. Maybe too busy, as jade points out.

LOL. Classic Silver and Bronze Age Flash comics are among my favorites; I just connect with Wally more. No disrespect meant.

I respect that. :rock Nothing wrong with that. :rock

Did you PO this one?

I just notified release window won't be until October or later 2018. :/

I respect that. :rock Nothing wrong with that. :rock

Did you PO this one?

I just notified release window won't be until October or later 2018. :/

Not yet. The price point is terrible😂. I'm going to at least wait until Wonder Woman's revealed to see how far I want to invest in this line. I do love the Hal piece, but I don't intend to compete the diorama with Darkseid or Supes.

Not yet. The price point is terrible��. I'm going to at least wait until Wonder Woman's revealed to see how far I want to invest in this line. I do love the Hal piece, but I don't intend to compete the diorama with Darkseid or Supes.

Really??? I thought the price is crazy good when compared to what you get with Prime vs. Sideshow, especially given the ES and the dynamic nature of the piece.

Really??? I thought the price is crazy good when compared to what you get with Prime vs. Sideshow, especially given the ES and the dynamic nature of the piece.

There is value in SSC's simpler approach and my criticisms of their ESs is more on a case-by-case basis. I agree the amount of statue you get with this Flash is comparable to 1:3 scale and justifies the price if one values the base details as much as the figure itself. I acknowledge the rubble and street signs add to the diorama effect, but I'm more interested Flash himself. That was my problem with Iron Studios's expensive Marvel pieces, as great as they look: I felt like more than $100 of the price was on boring industrial rubble, part of which would been covered by other statues if I ever completed the diorama anyway. That's kind of why I'm waiting. If I decide Flash serves as a standalone piece, I can manage the price. If I want him as a companion to Wonder Woman and or GL, I might have to see if the bases obstruct or compliment each other.

There is value in SSC's simpler approach and my criticisms of their ESs is more on a case-by-case basis. I agree the amount of statue you get with this Flash is comparable to 1:3 scale and justifies the price if one values the base details as much as the figure itself. I acknowledge the rubble and street signs add to the diorama effect, but I'm more interested Flash himself. That was my problem with Iron Studios's expensive Marvel pieces, as great as they look: I felt like more than $100 of the price was on boring industrial rubble, part of which would been covered by other statues if I ever completed the diorama anyway. That's kind of why I'm waiting. If I decide Flash serves as a standalone piece, I can manage the price. If I want him as a companion to Wonder Woman and or GL, I might have to see if the bases obstruct or compliment each other.

I purchased the entire Iron Studios line, and you're more or less correct that the bases are quite lacklustre but, and this is a big but, it's the only way (at least currently) to get a great headsculpt and acceptable to great paint on a movie piece.

No other company seems to be investing in the Marvel movie lines other than Sideshow and they've been a mess imo.

And for my DC movie line needs I'll probably go for Prime 1's Justice League line whenever that gets released/shown.

Unfortunately to get quality pieces (especially for movie related ones) we have to pay a higher premium for it.

I purchased the entire Iron Studios line, and you're more or less correct that the bases are quite lacklustre but, and this is a big but, it's the only way (at least currently) to get a great headsculpt and acceptable to great paint on a movie piece.

No other company seems to be investing in the Marvel movie lines other than Sideshow and they've been a mess imo.

And for my DC movie line needs I'll probably go for Prime 1's Justice League line whenever that gets released/shown.

Unfortunately to get quality pieces (especially for movie related ones) we have to pay a higher premium for it.

Yeah, I have their Darth Vader on PO largely thanks to the trust they inspired from the Marvel cinematic lines. I'm going to be in financial trouble if that turns out as great as the prototype looks, so hopefully they roll out future SW releases slower than the Marvel ones:rotfl

I also have a couple P1 DC movie pieces on order as well (the female ones, which the consensus seems to think is a mistake LOL.) If I can't trust my own judgment after all the time I've spent collecting and chatting on the forums, I don't know. What I do know, speaking of higher premiums, is that paying what amounts to a PF per month for one half-scale piece really flipped my previous notions of value for quality over quantity, as someone who also collect much smaller scale statues.

Really stoked/terrified for all the reveals at Wonderfest at the end of the month.:viking

Back